Match Thread Swansea [A] 05/03/22 3pm (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

shmmeee

I was at a perfect angle for the third and the way he dived gave the striker the only place he could have put it.

He tried to make himself big and left the gap to roll it under him when the guy could barely reach it. If he kept himself low there would have been no chance that went in.

Great keeper but not his best game today.

Hes been half a second/yard off since he got covid IMO. There’s a pattern of players taking a few months to get back to top form after an infection.

pusbccfc

fernandopartridge

Just seen that second goal again which was really the crucial goal in the game.
Sheaf is pressing on the edge of their box but Hamer comes up the pitch and ends up nearly level with him which leaves the big gap. Sheaf runs back into the gap but the ball goes over his head and Swansea are in. It is notable that McFadz is a few yards deeper than the other centre backs which allows the player to turn.

Legia Sky Blue

Not seen it back yet, but McFadzean also seemed to hesitate on the 2nd goal when it looked their player might have controlled the keeper's clearance with his arm. He certainly appealed for it after they scored.

slowpoke

Just seen that second goal again which was really the crucial goal in the game.
Sheaf is pressing on the edge of their box but Hamer comes up the pitch and ends up nearly level with him which leaves the big gap. Sheaf runs back into the gap but the ball goes over his head and Swansea are in. It is notable that McFadz is a few yards deeper than the other centre backs which allows the player to turn.
I like Sheaf and I like Hamer but I’m still not convinced as a pairing they are the answer.

The Philosopher

We are missing a Kelly / Doyle / M James type general in the middle. Someone to rally the team and get into the refs ear when Calum is clobbered.

Sheaf not strong enough. Hamer too petulant.

Speedie's Head

I think Moore hesitated for the 2nd goal, he really should have blocked at the feet quite 'comfortably'. Gyoks too should have put his chance away too and we'd have gone in at HT a lucky 1-1. Again a very clear cut chance for Gyoks early doors 2nd half. He's filled in well for Godden but it's great to see Godden back now. We need 20 points from the final 10 games.

shmmeee

Second best passing accuracy in the division yesterday, never would’ve guessed that.

TomRad85

I think Moore hesitated for the 2nd goal, he really should have blocked at the feet quite 'comfortably'. Gyoks too should have put his chance away too and we'd have gone in at HT a lucky 1-1. Again a very clear cut chance for Gyoks early doors 2nd half. He's filled in well for Godden but it's great to see Godden back now. We need 20 points from the final 10 games.
I think Gyok has done a bit more than fill in for Godden, he's clearly our most important and valuable forward. Although it will be nice to have both fit and playing in a 2, if Robins ditches the damn box formation that is.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Got to the ground late due to a lack of taxis and within 20 minutes I wanted to go back to Wind Street. Was a 45 minute walk from the ground to the city centre (via a woods) despite the police telling us it was a 10 minute walk. It’s not just us at the Ricoh that struggles with transport.

Paxman II

The issue with Mc.Fazdean is resting him to the bench, and he loses his edge. He is an older player who is better when playing contstantly. With a break he finds it harder to get back on it. Either play him constantly (if fit) or drop him from the side. He had been terrific up until he was benched a couple of times.
Rose does not have the same presence, and Hyam has been really good this season...looking like a captain.
Just can't understand why Jones is not getting that left midfield roll ahead of Maetsen who should be at LWB?
Bidwell?....nowhere near good enough.
Kane, trying hard and at times still very good but I sense Dabo would bring more threat. JCS is class when he feels like it.
Hamer still needs to step up for 90 minutes. Sheaf has been very good of late until Swansea. O'Hare - what can you say? He makes stuff happen, a big miss. Allen runs a lot but just lacks that quality we need. Gyokores is excellent, but he looked jaded at Swansea. Waghorn will never produce enough for his inclusion over someone else. Godden a huge miss, and glad to see him back at a crucial time.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Swansea fans on Facebook saying we had the best support vocally of any visiting club this season.

Users who are viewing this thread