Match Thread Swansea [A] 05/03/22 3pm (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Finham

Huge leap that. Ifs and conjecture.

Just strange that we played an out of form, slow, striker with shit dribbling into his shin pads or vomit in his grundies rather than some keen 21 year old, against a defender slower than Joe Biden.

That’s all.
That had me laughing out loud!

Liquid Gold

If the golden boy had come on and played like Waghorn did today the board would be on fire demanding he start every week. Unfortunately because he had Waghorn on the back of his shirt instead of Tavares, MR has apparently lost the plot.

This is coming from someone who wants Waghorn out the door btw.
News just in. Young prospect held to different standards than highest paid player.

More at 11

mark82

Can't let the better managed than us comment pass. They have more money, a larger squad and way way less injuries. Our squad is paper thin and absolutely down to bare bones with injuries and suspension. We played the only experienced defenders we have and they let the manager down. We had chances and our decision making and execution was poor until Godden who was not match fit came on. The season does not lie, We are above Swansea in the table despite them having major advantages and even if they overtake us, up to now MR and AV are better managers with what they have to deal with. We have had consistent success under our management team and every time we have a poor result the saddos come out of the woodwork blaming our management team. I despair at our fans sometimes.

Sorry, didn't mean at that level, more commercially/at a senior management level. Although having said that, I sometimes think the game management/subs by Robins could improve, but generally he's clearly done a very good job with limited resources.

The Philosopher

You’re a wrong’un if you think making someone go running around on a football pitch if they’re a sick as Fred West is ok.

I wondered why Waghorn was running around and pointing at the pitch a lot.

“Bit or carrot there. Peanut in that but, watch yourselves lads”

Poor f*cker.

SBT

News just in. Young prospect held to different standards than highest paid player.

More at 11

The point is that people are apparently now getting upset with players who actually come on and play well simply because they’re not Fabio Tavares. I want to see the kid play too, but the circus is getting out of hand. These threads are turning into The Tavares Show.

Finham

The point is that people are apparently now getting upset with players who actually come on and play well simply because they’re not Fabio Tavares. I want to see the kid play too, but the circus is getting out of hand. These threads are turning into The Tavares Show.
Not at all. Just disappointed that he scored a goal like that in his limited minutes on the pitch last week but this week when we're chasing, doesn't even get on. Not only that, a player who is puking/shitting in the dressing room gets on ahead of him. That's all.

Liquid Gold

Mad game really cos we were shit but they also didn’t do much. Moore barely made a save just picked the ball out of the net. We missed a few really good chances. Could easily have been a high score draw.

Terry_dactyl

Just back…Outclassed by Swansea again. Fucking Jack bastards.
I was thinking after, that we actually missed a load of good chances, despite being second best. other than the goals, I don’t really remember them having many other chances.
I’ve not read any other comments yet but I imagine Waghorn will get slated…I thought he looked decent.

ccfc1234

Can’t believe we’ve got Bidwell for another three years. Bet Swansea are pissing themselves.
He severely lacks physical dynamism and his crossing is not great. If he is on backup wages then I get it but if he is a top earner it's costly miss for the recruitment team.

SBT

Not at all. Just disappointed that he scored a goal like that in his limited minutes on the pitch last week but this week when we're chasing, doesn't even get on. Not only that, a player who is puking/shitting in the dressing room gets on ahead of him. That's all.

Literally the only thing that makes me disappointed is if we lose the game. I don’t really care if Tavares comes on or not, especially if the two strikers who come on instead play well.

Tommo1993

Just the two points on super 6 too. Today has been a total flop, hope the mrs doesn’t want any or I’ll be in trouble.

mark82

Still think it was the wrong decision regardless of the fact he played ok. He'd been ill and we needed 3 goals, which he isn't the man for. Also seemed ideal game to give Tavares some more minutes. The chance of getting anything was minimal so why not try Tavares rather than a guy who is ill.

Offhegoes

Our defence needs some serious work in the summer. McFadz was poor today and he’s been rusty since coming back into the team. I’d give him another year, but not necessarily as a starter. Really not sure about Rose, for all his attributes, he makes errors and I’m not sure if he is physical enough for a Championship defender. JCS has been great recently but he is casual and today we saw the bad side of his game . Obviously we missed Hyam, but our centre backs mostly lack pace, or enough physical power. As an opposition manager, you would definitely think the Cov defence can be got at.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Disappointing today, season slowly fading into mid table security. Still a fantastic season.

Not sure why robins has abandoned the early season success from two up front and maatsen and dabo as wing backs in favour of kane, bidwell, Allen, playing maatsen out of position

letsallsingtogether

Just another game never mind cant win them all, bring on Tuesday.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

No Tavares, criminal.

Terry_dactyl

Also…I know this will have been mentioned but where were O’hare and Hyam today? I was told they’re injured but how long they out?

slowpoke

Disappointing today, season slowly fading into mid table security. Still a fantastic season.

Not sure why robins has abandoned the early season success from two up front and maatsen and dabo as wing backs in favour of kane, bidwell, Allen, playing maatsen out of position
Dabo is suspended for two games.

Liquid Gold

I would have liked to see him but maybe giving him game time at home is a good option to begin with.
Nah he should have been in there with Jones.

Crowd wise that was the least pressurised atmosphere to get them into a championship game.

Liquid Gold

Moore could have got out quicker for both the 2nd and the 3rd
yeah definitely. He had a half step on both where you could see he wasn't sure.

My point though was that they didn't really do much else. They had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals.

If we had our shooting boots on we could have had equaled their goals and if Moore was on it and their keeper not the score could have been reversed.

Just a really weird game.

stupot07

Moore could have got out quicker for both the 2nd and the 3rd
Agreed, he either has to get to the 3rd or should have not come out that far and just narrowed the angle down. He was in no man's land when the ball went past him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Agreed, he either has to get to the 3rd or should have not come out that far and just narrowed the angle down. He was in no man's land when the ball went past him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I was at a perfect angle for the third and the way he dived gave the striker the only place he could have put it.

He tried to make himself big and left the gap to roll it under him when the guy could barely reach it. If he kept himself low there would have been no chance that went in.

Great keeper but not his best game today.

Macca

If ever there was a game to get Jones and Tavares some championship minutes this was it.

its a fair point but I can see the argument against it. Imagine if they come on and pick up an injury in a lost cause just before a make or break 3 games. Tricky one

Users who are viewing this thread