Match Thread Swansea [A] 05/03/22 3pm (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

junglej13

Things that I don’t understand:

Why no subs earlier than 63 mins?
Why no Tavares?
Why only 1 striker over 5 foot 10 in squad?

He’s great but FFS the above is obvious to anyone with an IQ higher than a ribbon.
The outswinging corner as well infuriates me. I fully expect the Shipley drifted ball out to the back of the penalty area back before long.

stevefloyd

OK, genuine couple of questions here; hope some that watched can comment (I listened!)
We're we as bad as the scoreline/reaction suggests - we seemed to create chances (stats back this up - more than them/keeper made more saves)
Was it a case of a couple of mistakes and again, lack of abilty to finish made the game look worse than it actually was?????
We never really played that well but missed chances yet again have cost us Rose and Fadz looked poor today as did Sheaf and Bidwell done nothing with crosses..If we had taken our chances it could well have been a different story because I think they would have crumbled but sadly wasn't to be

blunted

We're better than they are 11 vs 11. Think they are probably better managed though, and have better depth.
Can't let the better managed than us comment pass. They have more money, a larger squad and way way less injuries. Our squad is paper thin and absolutely down to bare bones with injuries and suspension. We played the only experienced defenders we have and they let the manager down. We had chances and our decision making and execution was poor until Godden who was not match fit came on. The season does not lie, We are above Swansea in the table despite them having major advantages and even if they overtake us, up to now MR and AV are better managers with what they have to deal with. We have had consistent success under our management team and every time we have a poor result the saddos come out of the woodwork blaming our management team. I despair at our fans sometimes.

Jamesimus

Fair play then. I guess the negatives stand out after a defeat. Twice he was easily held off for a goal kick, but at least he's making the effort.

Yeah I know, I feel it too, particularly this game for some reason. He's a sinewy fellow. Should have went over for a free kick at one point too, but decided to stay on his feet to our detriment.

Evo1883

Can't let the better managed than us comment pass. They have more money, a larger squad and way way less injuries. Our squad is paper thin and absolutely down to bare bones with injuries and suspension. We played the only experienced defenders we have and they let the manager down. We had chances and our decision making and execution was poor until Godden who was not match fit came on. The season does not lie, We are above Swansea in the table despite them having major advantages and even if they overtake us, up to now MR and AV are better managers with what they have to deal with. We have had consistent success under our management team and every time we have a poor result the saddos come out of the woodwork blaming our management team. I despair at our fans sometimes.
Correct

stevefloyd

As I have said before whatever happens from now until the last game this season has been fantastic but it could and should have been better with a little more backing from our illustrious owners.

I do have to say that despite my disappointment with Shipley at times he has stood out better at lwb than Bidwell and if Shippers could be consistent I would much rather he play than what Bidwell has shown so far..

Johnnythespider

As angry as I've been with Robins in a long time. Result entirely as a result of this relentlessly impotent formation. What on earth does he think is going to change!? It really is like he tries to get as many non goal scoring players in the team as possible. Swansea are bottom half for a reason. They overplay and are fragile at the back. He has gifted the game with his negativity. We have a small chance of getting on the play offs and he needs to roll the dice in some games and try and win them not set up to be 0-0 after an hour.
This just about sums up my feelings today, we had Fadz talking about the opportunity that is in front of this team, and how we need to win these games as it could be a long time until we are in this position again, then we have the manager saying how he has told the board that he needs a bigger squad next season, mixed messaging going on there.

Finham

So a Waghorn who has puked up in the dressing room gets brought on ahead of Tavares? Madness.

Dirk Turpin

Starting 5 at the back, with fadz playing centrally against a pacey forward like obafemi was a disaster waiting to happen.

There's often a lot of space to cover between the 3 when the wingbacks are pushed on. Didn't help that Rose was poor today either.

The Philosopher

I know I keep going on but loyal old Cyrus Christie seemed determined that we get something out of the game today.

Tavares would have had Him on toast cutting in from his side.

“I know”, says Robins. “Let’s put a nippy trickster on who has a spring in his step from scoring recently. Waggers!”

Ady needs to give him another shove.

larry_david

Too much chopping and changing recently. Maatson has played about 3 positions. Waghorn starts, doesn't make an appearance, sub appearance. Sheaf hamer Allen swapped around. He's started fannying about with mcfadz now as well in and out. That lack of rhythm is telling om the players. Bidwell starts then doesn't feature.

Tiredness change it up yeah, but consistent teams win games

fernandopartridge

I know I keep going on but loyal old Cyrus Christie seemed determined that we get something out of the game today.

“I know”, says Robins. “Let’s put a nippy trickster on who has a spring in his step from scoring recently. Waggers!”

Laughable comment. We have seen just a good goal from Tavares, nothing at all to suggest he could have a player of Christie's be standard "on toast"

pusbccfc

Depressing to see Cyrus, part of our worst ever team, beat us so comfortably. Awful footballer.

Finham

Christ. That makes robins look even more clueless.

What an example to set to a young lad who got robins a point last week.
They've just clarified that Waggers was ill before kick off and after the game in the dressing room!

The Philosopher

Why was it “clueless” for Robins to bring on Waghorn (who played well) instead of Tavares today?
Just odd imo.

Waghorn “sick last night and again in dressing room.” Now he’s either vomited or shat his pants. I’m going to suggest that he’s not at his best.

Tavares - raring to go and needs minutes at this level. Nothing to lose.

Waghorn? Why?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You make it sound like Robins isn’t even doing his job unless he brings on three subs ASAP, the moment we go behind. (Bonus points if one of them is Tavares!)
It's not so much that, it's when we can all clearly see that the momentum of the game is totally against us and it's only a matter of time before they score. So something needs to change. Only it doesn't and lo and behold we concede. If we need a goal he tends to makes changes like the full backs and then gives them 5 minutes to do something. He complains of tiredness in a small squad then doesn't utilise all the subs available to him to give some of those tired legs a rest.

Of course there are times when people (myself included) want us to make a changes when we're drawing to go for the win and I can understand MR holding off in case it disrupts our flow if we're playing reasonably well in that situation but it's when things are not going our way and he just waits for the bad thing to happen. He's never proactive in stopping it before it occurs and sometimes isn't even reactive after it's happened.

SBT

Just odd imo.

Waghorn “sick last night and again in dressing room.” Now he’s either vomited or shat his pants. I’m going to suggest that he’s not at his best.

Tavares - raring to go and needs minutes at this level. Nothing to lose.

Waghorn? Why?

If the golden boy had come on and played like Waghorn did today the board would be on fire demanding he start every week. Unfortunately because he had Waghorn on the back of his shirt instead of Tavares, MR has apparently lost the plot.

This is coming from someone who wants Waghorn out the door btw.

Nick

Administrator
If the golden boy had come on and played like Waghorn did today the board would be on fire demanding he start every week. Unfortunately because he had Waghorn on the back of his shirt instead of Tavares, MR has apparently lost the plot.

From somebody who also seems to dislike tavares, who has the same goals as waghorn and O'Hare.

The Philosopher

Huge leap that. Ifs and conjecture.

Just strange that we played an out of form, slow, striker with shit dribbling into his shin pads or vomit in his grundies rather than some keen 21 year old, against a defender slower than Joe Biden.

That’s all.

Users who are viewing this thread