Swansea Ratings (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Da silva didn't do too much wrong but looks clearly out of his depth at times, seems Robins likes him though, Godden doing an impression of an Iggy Pop song, Sheaf needlessly gives stupid free kicks away at times which ultimately cost us, best Ive seen from Wright although his header near the end was fucking dreadful Simms was one of Goddens backing singers in the same song with Allen as a ball boy, Palmer was really up for it, felt really pissed off giving a free kick/goal in the dying seconds though we could have been up to 9th

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Just to really fuck with everyone:

View attachment 33029

Pretty much how I saw it. For me Dasilva is getting the Eccles treatment by some ie focussing on 2-3 poor bits of play during the game and missing some of the good bits. There’s no doubt he’s targeted with those cross field balls due to height and he dawdled on the ball a couple of times (said before there was a lot of sloppy/casual play in our final third) but he did some nifty bits of defending when it mattered and was brave on the ball - did he clear off the line second half ? Was at other end for me

People have got to remember that left hand side of defence was thrown together at two days notice so not a surprise it was a bit exposed

Having said all that Kitching and Bidwell are obviously No 1 pairing on that side and we looked weaker at the back last night which was unsurprising due to all the changes

Edit - 7+ is bit strong for Dasilva though. 6 fair

Last edited:

coop

Collins - 5 - looked pretty weak the last few now. Can’t concede in that side of the goal from a free kick.

Latibeaudiere - 6 - ok, nowhere near the attacking outlet that MvE is. Looked a little better in centre mid.
Thomas - 7 - far more composed performance tonight. Silly header leading to the free kick.
Binks - 6 - alright, could tell he hadn’t played in a while.
Dasilva - 5 - got exploited a lot first half, not quite as much second half, but largely got away with it. If the back 4 is here to stay then I’d be looking to get rid already as that will become a theme.

Sheaf - 6 - fantastic at times, sloppy at times.
Allen - 4 - probably the poorest game I’ve seen him have in a couple of years. Really lacked composure.
Palmer - 7 - main creative outlet for the first 60 minutes, although he still doesn’t work back and that led to some defensive issues.

Sakamoto - 7 - good as ever, tired towards the end and I’d have subbed him off.
Godden - 4 - marginally better than Boxing Day. Marginally.
Wright - 7 - threatening for most of the game but still prone to a brain fart.

MvE - 7 - gave us far more attacking impetus, although bizarre free kick when he just booted it to the middle of the pitch.
O’Hare - 6 - not as influential tonight.
Simms - 5 - poor performance when he came on to be honest. Extra mark for the goal.
Glad someone else spotted that stupid cushioned header Thomas tried to make instead of just fucking getting rid with 30 seconds to go.Both goals could easily of not happened Allen pissing about with it for the first.

coop

Collins has to do better with the goal, gonna be very hard for the Swansea player to get it up and down from that close so Collins has to make sure his side is covered
Correct only place it was going and sheaf and ohare split and turned there backs.So fucking annoying drawing last kick of the game.

PVA

Correct only place it was going and sheaf and ohare split and turned there backs.So fucking annoying drawing last kick of the game.

They didn't split, it went to the side of the wall. But yes Collins should do better on his side.

stupot07

I don't understand most of the Dasilva comments on here. I thought he was fine indeed better than Bidwell in recent matches. The only ones who underperformed were Allen, Collins and Godden.
He was neat and tidy on the ball, but nearly all their attacks came down his side and his man got past or being him too many times. The first goal came down his side, their winger went past him easily before cutting the ball back. About 5 minutes later, he didn't track his man who again got in behind him to cut back to striker, but Sakamoto managed to do enough to get him to balloon it over the back. Second half their best chance again came down his side, the winger crossing it across our goal and the striker should really have scored.

Then there was that scary moment when he made that awful pass from a corner, which would have left us 3v2 but luckily their player took a heavy touch and it went out for a throw ins.

Attacking wise he didnt do a lot, linked up well but I can only remember 1 cross in 90 mins.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PVA

He was neat and tidy on the ball, but nearly all their attacks came down his side and his man got past or being him too many times.

44% of their attacks came down our left.

Compared to 44% v Sheff Weds, 43% v Southampton and 47% v Plymouth. All when Bidwell was playing. (The exception was Birmingham when most attacks came down our right.)

JimmyHillsbeard

How did Walsh do for them?
Scored a good goal, kicked Allen a lot, broke up play well and had a free kick well saved. Was pleased to see him go off.

Joe Allen was immense again. Not quite as savage as last season when he orchestrated a comeback to draw from 3-0 down in half an hour but he was on the pitch for 10 mins and Swansea had about 5 chances to equalise that he was involved in.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I was at game. Personally I thought Sheaf was our most involved player, so MOTM.
First time I feel I can actually praise Wright and he had a good game.

Palmer skillfully and threatening but needs to release the ball quicker when players are free.

Disappointed to concede late goal as I never felt under any threat by Swansea. Swansea are a neat team but it was a comfortable win for us apart from the obvious being it was a draw. Having seen Leeds games against Sunderland we've had a bit of fortune so sadly that evened out last night.

As for the not good aspects. JDS struggled against a good player and Swansea did target him. Beginning to thing now he is not really a first teamer and just a squad player. He did a good job at Leeds but clearly Bidwell is a better and stronger player.

Allen had a very poor game. He is a good backup as a squad player and has done really well for City. However we have improved a lot as a team and he might not be at our intended level in the medium term.

Godden, thanks but time to move on to a league 1 club. I was surprised how many times he played last season but that may have been down to the lack of other options.
Striker's have to do a lot more than popping up with the odd goal and running around.His contribution in general play is negligible. It's time for Matt to leave. He has been an important player in our rise back to respectability but we need someone else now ie January.

torchomatic

Worst players were Allen and Godden. Allen for his mistake and constant poor passing and Godden for, well, not being in the game from the off. Would drop them both for Boro.

Cally Fedora

To be honest last nights game was pretty much the same as a lot recently. Sakamoto, Wright, Sheaf outstanding. A lot of others very good and then Dasilva and Godden not so good. Not getting at them but it’s really evident. Dasilva defensively is terribly naive and Goddens legs look to have gone. They are still good champ squad players but things will dip when they start.

Adge

Worst players were Allen and Godden. Allen for his mistake and constant poor passing and Godden for, well, not being in the game from the off. Would drop them both for Boro.
Unfortunately their contribution now is minimal due to the level we are now at and aspiring to get to. Their efforts though shouldn’t be forgotten as they have more than played their part in getting us to where we are now and I’ll always remember and appreciate that.

clint van damme

Unfortunately their contribution now is minimal due to the level we are now at and aspiring to get to. Their efforts though shouldn’t be forgotten as they have more than played their part in getting us to where we are now and I’ll always remember and appreciate that.

Don't think that's the case with Allen, the role he's been asked to play has changed and he's struggling with it.
I don't expect to see him starting too often once the Christmas/New year congestion is over.

Adge

Don't think that's the case with Allen, the role he's been asked to play has changed and he's struggling with it.
I don't expect to see him starting too often once the Christmas/New year congestion is over.
Indeed. Or alternatively if somebody comes in during the transfer window (midfield) possibly.

NorthernWisdom

It's not so many games since he came back from illness and the team's performance levels went up significantly with him helping us tick.

People are too quick to write off players after a poor game or two!

clint van damme

It's not so many games since he came back from illness and the team's performance levels went up significantly with him helping us tick.

People are too quick to write off players after a poor game or two!

They did, though the formation change has done him no favours even if its massively helped others

Mucca Mad Boys

They did, though the formation change has done him no favours even if its massively helped others
It is clear we've had to rotate players this Xmas period and we've done well but Allen doesn't look as assured at CM rather than at AM. Now we playing 4-2-3-1 that area of the pitch is still the number 1 priority.

glamour76

Thomas mom for me. Sheaf did a lot of good stuff but cost us with that free kick. Wright constant menace along with Sakamoto. Godden & Simms non existent. Collins is looking shakier every game. Missed Kitching & Bidwell. When ohare came on for Palmer, we started losing a threat

blunted

The important events define outcomes in games. Schoolboy error by Allen for their first goal. What was he thinking? Big boot out required. Wright is brilliant and terrible usually in equal measure throughout any game. Against Swansea, he scored two really good goals although Simms nicked the second which may help his confidence. Then Wright managed to completely miss an easy header across goal for a brilliant chance. Don't know if Collins is completely responsible for the wall but there was a gap the size of the Mersey tunnel on the right hand side. Oggy thinks it was Collins error so who am I to argue. Thought Sheaf did an unnecessary foul for their second goal. Yes I think it was a foul, although I did not at the time. They got lucky with a couple of Saka shots. I will only mention DaSilva who defensively was poor especially against a 17 year old making his debut. Twice they nearly scored when he was beaten on the wing. I am concerned about Godden who seems to have lost his mojo and struggled to make a decent pass let alone have a shot. Couldn't help wondering which Swansea player we will sign next.

fernandopartridge

I don't understand most of the Dasilva comments on here. I thought he was fine indeed better than Bidwell in recent matches. The only ones who underperformed were Allen, Collins and Godden.
Apart from the first goal and several other Stockport attacks all exploiting his weak defensive play

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

blunted

Da silva didn't do too much wrong but looks clearly out of his depth at times, seems Robins likes him though, Godden doing an impression of an Iggy Pop song, Sheaf needlessly gives stupid free kicks away at times which ultimately cost us, best Ive seen from Wright although his header near the end was fucking dreadful Simms was one of Goddens backing singers in the same song with Allen as a ball boy, Palmer was really up for it, felt really pissed off giving a free kick/goal in the dying seconds though we could have been up to 9th
Half the people on here probably don't know who Iggy Pop is let alone the tune in question. Spot on with the hilarious song reference even if it is about a serial killer.

Users who are viewing this thread