Swear filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie Machin

I find ill informed quasi-racist rants more offensive that swearing, tbh.

Coventry La La La

Just report offensive posts or add people who consistently use words that you find offensive to you're ignore list.

I find ill informed quasi-racist rants more offensive that swearing, tbh.

Agreed Ernie, racism is allot worst and will not be tolerated on this forum.

egastap

I started this post a few days ago and have read with interest the views of other posters. I will be the first to protect anyone's right to speak their mind freely as long as it does not offend others freedoms, rights and privileges (race, religion, ethnicity etc.) Having said that, I had anticipated there would be a large number of individuals, mostly younger, who would say that swearing is {paraphrasing} 'not a bad thing', 'it teaches kids when such language is inappropriate', 'they would hear all this at school' or 'at the game'. Obviously it hasn't taught many posters 'when' it's appropriate has it? Most of the bad language on this forum is gratuitous, which means that it is almost could be said just as well without the swearing, as pointed out by other posters. At the same time, I wasn't sure of the number of people who, like me, was tiring of such bad and unrequired language. Moderators, perhaps we can close this thread as it looks as tough it has exhausted itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread