Swindon (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfc_Tom

Frustrating game, we were poor but should have won - they were the poorest team ive seen all season. Don't know what was going through phillips head for the handball, blatant pen and utter madness

eastwoodsdustman

Couldn't believe the way we sat off them for the last 10 minutes. Football suicide letting them have possession without pressure in the last 10.

SkyblueBazza

Just got back...they really are our bogey team... Still not beaten them in this league..thought the referee was absolutely shocking which seems to happen to us all the time,at least we didn't loose but we definetley should have won
Oh no...not ANOTHER bogey team

...onwards & upwards PUSB

ecky

Left back and right back and centre half needed urgently
Redas out and it showed.
Too defensive in the last 20 mins invited pressure on ourselves

Armstrong doesn't seem the same player lately

stupot07

Left back and right back and centre half needed urgently
Redas out and it showed.
Too defensive in the last 20 mins invited pressure on ourselves

Armstrong doesn't seem the same player lately

Yeah that is a concern, and one that was discussed by Clive and Dave Bennett after the match. Tudguy scored to say but you look around and don't see a suitable replacement for Armstrong to give him a break.

Again on paper his stats look amazing 8 goals in 12 games/ 2 every 3 games. But closer inspection.

5 in his first 3 games
3 in his last 9
Only scored in 2 of the last 9 games
Only scored in 1 of the 6 away games
Not scored in last 5 away games

His record at home is good though 6 in 6, scoring in 4 of the 6 home games he's played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

Astute probably backed the draw just after we went 2 up.

How about not being a dick all the time? I am in Coventry now. Put your money where your mouth is. Couple of hundred quid charity bet? I tried to get money on the draw at 0-2 but my phone was too wet to use. But I had the draw at 0-1 and got 10/1 for the draw when it was 1-2. Also had Gillingham to draw at 6/1.

Macca

How about not being a dick all the time? I am in Coventry now. Put your money where your mouth is. Couple of hundred quid charity bet? I tried to get money on the draw at 0-2 but my phone was too wet to use. But I had the draw at 0-1 and got 10/1 for the draw when it was 1-2. Also had Gillingham to draw at 6/1.

Aha so underneath all the bravado you are as cynical about the Sky Blues as me :)

Astute

The one thing I didn't enjoy was what would normally be the base of our play. Yesterday was not the kind of weather to play around your own area. Mistakes were happening and players were slipping on the surface. And it ended up that two mistakes in the last 5 minutes cost us the win.

Was pissed off at the time with not getting the win. But the weather made it a more level game. If we can keep this unbeaten run going we will be in a good place at the end of the season. The sides that get promoted are normally those with the least defeats and not always those who win the most games.

Astute

Aha so underneath all the bravado you are as cynical about the Sky Blues as me :)

I watch and love my club with my heart. I bet with my head. Take big odds on things that can happen. Yesterday I had 5 inplay bets. 4 came in. Shortest odds 21/5. But I would easily have preferred the 3 points.

Macca

I watch and love my club with my heart. I bet with my head. Take big odds on things that can happen. Yesterday I had 5 inplay bets. 4 came in. Shortest odds 21/5. But I would easily have preferred the 3 points.

A win would have surprised me yesterday so I was really gutted that we threw it away

Astute

Only need to win the next 2 games and all this will be forgotten and looked back on without a care.

And the good thing is that all the teams around us are dropping points unexpectedly so although we are not winning lots we are still up there with the draws.

percy

Only need to win the next 2 games and all this will be forgotten and looked back on without a care.

you're right, we started the season with an air of confidence about our play but over the last couple of weeks the confidence seems to be sliding away. We need to get back on it and fast and try to ensure that this is just a minor thing. i know thare are a few areas of the pitch where we could strenthen but for me it would be a striker at the mo. There is a growing weight and pressure on young armstrongs shoulders to score, We need to get him back playing with the freedom he had a month or so ago.

covcity4life

Aaron Phililps has given quite a few penalties away ! Normally a sign of panic

I agree. Looked like he wernt expecting ball to bounce. Didn't set himself right

From watching highlights looks like draw fair result. We did some good stuff a d looked like jon played well

4 pts from.next 2 homes games and we will be right in auto mix at start of November.

stupot07

Martin also got massively done for the first goal buying the dummy, poor from him.

As did Ricketts. Martin dived one way, Ricketts the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

As good as Martin has been we need to remmeber he's 2nd choice to ricketts and reda.

Give him a chance to continue improving sure but I'm sure mogga will be looking at cbs availability on market too. Either as replacement or his partner.

Grendel

As good as Martin has been we need to remmeber he's 2nd choice to ricketts and reda.

Give him a chance to continue improving sure but I'm sure mogga will be looking at cbs availability on market too. Either as replacement or his partner.

Well no because he moved Ricketts to right back and Martin as centre half - and since his introduction goals against have significantly decreased.

Users who are viewing this thread