Taxi on the way (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechaishida

giphy.gif

The other point worth noting is not only was he baiting me but at the same time that Cap Locks crank was chasing me on every thread including the Regis ones!

I'd be flattered really. No really, I would.

There's no way you're so brash, provocative and entertaining in real life; let's face it, you'd be at A & E a lot, pal.

Jolly good retorting thus far, please carry on, it's a superb read.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The other point worth noting is not only was he baiting me but at the same time that Cap Locks crank was chasing me on every thread including the Regis ones!
We're playing the victim now are we Grendel ! Because you don't do any baiting do you !

Grendel

We're playing the victim now are we Grendel ! Because you don't do any baiting do you !

At least you agree Caps Lock Crank is a suitable description for you

covcity4life

to get things slightly on track and i do mean SLIGHTLY

i had a dream last night, no actually a nightmare that robins left us again saying sisu wont back him, then we hired a lithuanian manager who in his press conference said he came out of retirement for us and had turned down scotland previously

i was so relieved when i woke up

Esoterica

to get things slightly on track and i do mean SLIGHTLY

i had a dream last night, no actually a nightmare that robins left us again saying sisu wont back him, then we hired a lithuanian manager who in his press conference said he came out of retirement for us and had turned down scotland previously

i was so relieved when i woke up
and was your pillow gone?

Grendel

I don't mind making you your tea, I have plenty of time on my hands, I could afford to retire at 55.

So could I and in fact I am going to.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don't mind making you your tea, I have plenty of time on my hands, I could afford to retire at 55.
I like your signature Hobo, written correctly too .

ceetee

Haynes and Stevenson key players? Really?
Come on, be fair.
This time last year lots of people were slagging off the club and owners because Stevenson had been sold to Brentford
It must be right. I read it on here

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He’s ranting on the Cyrille Regis threads that I support the IRA and Bobby Sands
I see your misquoting again .

Because you had written your signature incorrectly , it looked like you had made the "statement "

This is what l said, " I see your an IRA sympathiser Grendel " ? Please note the question mark !

Which is asking a question and not a matter of fact !

steve cooper

No my friend, " when you're quoting someone else's words " you end with unquote.
My understanding has always been that "unquote" is a corruption of end quote, used so often in modern language that it has become the norm, but still wrong in pure english. It is called an eggcorn.
Similar ones include on tenderhooks (tenterhooks) one fowl swoop (fell swoop) and could of won (could have won)
I'm happy to be proved wrong, and most websites say either is acceptable but unquote is still a corruption.
unquote - Wiktionary

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

My understanding has always been that "unquote" is a corruption of end quote, used so often in modern language that it has become the norm, but still wrong in pure english. It is called an eggcorn.
Similar ones include on tenderhooks (tenterhooks) one fowl swoop (fell swoop) and could of won (could have won)
I'm happy to be proved wrong, and most websites say either is acceptable but unquote is still a corruption.
Yes you're right either is acceptable, It just depends whether it's spoken or written !

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Yes your right either is acceptable, It just depends whether it's spoken or written !
Yes you're right either is acceptable, It just depends whether it's spoken or written !

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

you thick idiot.

Yeah I'm that thick I actually managed to donate to your Donkey Charity online and without any help.

But you are right about one thing, I'm an idiot for having any conversations with you.

Your just not a very pleasant person and that's being polite !

You do know the meaning of polite, don't you ?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I'm that thick I actually managed to donate to your Donkey Charity online and without any help.

But you are right about one thing, I'm an idiot for having any conversations with you.

Your just not a very pleasant person and that's being polite !

You do know the meaning of polite, don't you ?

Why do you keep going back to old posts to quote?

It is like some sort of messy breakup and you are sat looking through old messages. Telling them you never want to speak to them and then turning up outside their window shouting.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Why do you keep going back to old posts to quote?

It is like some sort of messy breakup and you are sat looking through old messages. Telling them you never want to speak to them and then turning up outside their window shouting.
Why are you even bothered ?

Nonleagueherewecome

unquote - Wiktionary

I think you're correct aside from the part about them being acceptable! I would class them as a faux pas or Malapropism. They're not much better than "a damp squid" (instead of squib) as used by our previous PM and in an ep of The IT Crowd. But not as bad as "to put on a peddle-stool" (instead of pedestal) as used by IT Crowd!

If you enjoy a good Malapropism, I suggest either reading or going to see a production of Sherdian's The Rivals, featuring a character called Mrs Malaprop who gaffed constantly in this manner. It's a play that all of my classmates hated, but I loved just cos of her crappy misunderstandings, which she usually conjured up in a desperate attempt to sound posh. Mrs Miggins in Blackadder III can be similar at times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread