Taxi on the way (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
See you don’t get it.
If you don’t understand how putting Kieffer Moore and Marriott into our team would completely alter our style of play. Then I give up.
Again just to let you know, you have been corrected. I am just giving up at correcting you as you don’t understand it..

No, you don't get it.

Read what people are saying, it doesn't matter who is playing. Our system, style of play and approach is exactly the same. It doesn't matter if it's a big striker or small striker, we are winning or losing, the opposition are pressing or parking the bus. Everything remains the same.

As I keep saying, discuss what's actually happening instead of your made up dream team and what if's. You keep banging on that others know nothing about football yet you can't discuss football it seems unless it is a what if or imaginary scenario like reasons why Jones and Nazon shouldn't / couldn't pass.

I guess when you were going through your Thorn phase it was imaginary too.

baldy

If my Footy Manager's anything to go by,ol Robbo gets sacked after the next game,(which we can't even win in that one either,just a shit 1-1 draw v Cheltenham)
Jason Farndon steps up to become caretaker manager then lolz

Grendel

Are they the current manager?

No they were the managers who followed him - the new manager has had significant extra spend - you can’t judge him by competing him to a manager who followed him 3 years later

dongonzalos

No, you don't get it.

Read what people are saying, it doesn't matter who is playing. Our system, style of play and approach is exactly the same. It doesn't matter if it's a big striker or small striker, we are winning or losing, the opposition are pressing or parking the bus. Everything remains the same.

As I keep saying, discuss what's actually happening instead of your made up dream team and what if's. You keep banging on that others know nothing about football yet you can't discuss football it seems unless it is a what if or imaginary scenario like reasons why Jones and Nazon shouldn't / couldn't pass.

I guess when you were going through your Thorn phase it was imaginary too.

I am reading what you are saying and you said if you put the best strikers from the league above into our team yesterday we still would have lost.
You don’t understand how introducing the skills of two new players changes how a team plays.
Putting Moore and Marriott in our team would have more likely than not produced a totally different game of football to yesterdays.
You are suggesting IF by saying IF you put them in it would have been the same result.
I am dealing with that IF that you have suggested and correcting you (as you put it). That you can look at it as the exact same game in terms of how it was played and the chances as those two players add a completely different dimension. They will cause our style of play and tactics to change. They will create chances because of their constrasting physical abilities and skills.
The fact you don’t understand that says it all really.
For your logic you may as well say you could have had Ronaldo in our team yesterday and he would not have scored as we didn’t create any chances.

Nick

Administrator
I am reading what you are saying and you said if you put the best strikers from the league above into our team yesterday we still would have lost.
You don’t understand how introducing the skills of two new players changes how a team plays.
Putting Moore and Marriott in our team would have more likely than not produced a totally different game of football to yesterdays.
You are suggesting IF by saying IF you put them in it would have been the same result.
I am dealing with that IF that you have suggested and correcting you (as you put it). That you can look at it as the exact same game in terms of how it was played and the chances as those two players add a completely different dimension. They will cause our style of play and tactics to change. They will create chances because of their constrasting physical abilities and skills.
The fact you don’t understand that says it all really.
For your logic you may as well say you could have had Ronaldo in our team yesterday and he would not have scored as we didn’t create any chances.

Yet again you completely fail to notice that it's pointed out our style of play, formation and system remains the same.

It doesn't matter about physical attributes, we play the same whether it is Biamou, Beavon or Nazon up front. Robins doesn't adjust to suit the players as his disposal in the slightest. You are assuming that everybody else in the team and the manager would be using a system to suit the 2 striker's strong points, which is exactly what is being said doesn't happen.

You are trying your best to get away from actually discussing what goes on in our matches and what is and isn't working for us, the same as you do every time.

Read what people say who do go to games, read feedback from people who watch things week in week out. Instead you are giving it the football expert from your armchair like you know everything every week, when in reality you get shown you know fuck all when you try because you bang on about people like Andy Thorn.

The more and more you go on, the more you show you don't have the foggiest what goes on during the games, but then you try to act the expert about it all based on BBC stats. What's the point? Bang on and on about why Nazon doesn't pass and why he shouldn't because he is top scorer, then piped down when he actually decided to pass that game and it completely changed the game. (as people like me had been pointing out for weeks that it would).

skybluetony176

Hello tony - holding onto managers too long in the shape of Strachan and Thorn cost us two relegations. Not sacking Mowbray in February potentially cost us promotion.

So two out of three were SISU failures then is what you are saying.

PS I knew you’d be the first to start a thread like this.

dongonzalos

Yet again you completely fail to notice that it's pointed out our style of play, formation and system remains the same.

It doesn't matter about physical attributes, we play the same whether it is Biamou, Beavon or Nazon up front. Robins doesn't adjust to suit the players as his disposal in the slightest. You are assuming that everybody else in the team and the manager would be using a system to suit the 2 striker's strong points, which is exactly what is being said doesn't happen.

You are trying your best to get away from actually discussing what goes on in our matches and what is and isn't working for us, the same as you do every time.

Read what people say who do go to games, read feedback from people who watch things week in week out. Instead you are giving it the football expert from your armchair like you know everything every week, when in reality you get shown you know fuck all when you try because you bang on about people like Andy Thorn.

The more and more you go on, the more you show you don't have the foggiest what goes on during the games, but then you try to act the expert about it all based on BBC stats. What's the point? Bang on and on about why Nazon doesn't pass and why he shouldn't because he is top scorer, then piped down when he actually decided to pass that game and it completely changed the game. (as people like me had been pointing out for weeks that it would).

I am trying my best at pointing out to you that you were wrong when you said if we added the best players from the league above to this team we still wouldn’t have won.
I am trying my best at pointing out to you that when you add different players to a game with better skills you don’t get the exact same game as you had without them.
So you are wrong when you say they wouldn’t score as there were no chances created.
I am trying my best to point out you that I never correct you, that in fact I do pretty much every time. That you don’t agree with me doesn’t suddenly mean it hasn’t happened.
It just means you don’t agree with me.
So in summary

You are wrong that you never get corrected
You are wrong that if we added the best strikers from the league above we wouldn’t win the game.
You are also wrong that adding better strikers doesn’t lead to a increase in creativity.
You are also wrong that best strikers don’t receive more service than less able strikers.

Nick

Administrator
I am trying my best at pointing out to you that you were wrong when you said if we added the best players from the league above to this team we still wouldn’t have won.
I am trying my best at pointing out to you that when you add different players to a game with better skills you don’t get the exact same game as you had without them.
So you are wrong when you say they wouldn’t score as there were no chances created.
I am trying my best to point out you that I never correct you, that in fact I do pretty much every time. That you don’t agree with me doesn’t suddenly mean it hasn’t happened.
It just means you don’t agree with me.
So in summary

You are wrong that you never get corrected
You are wrong that if we added the best strikers from the league above we wouldn’t win the game.
You are also wrong that adding better strikers doesn’t lead to a increase in creativity.
You are also wrong that best strikers don’t receive more service than less able strikers.

And you also completely ignore the actual facts from our matches about our system / formation / tactics which back it up again to just focus everything on your imaginary dream team.

It's like having a back seat driver without a license and doesn't drive themselves trying to preach to you how to drive.

2 strikers wouldn't have suddenly lifted everything else on the pitch, altered the system, made Grimmer and Haynes able to kick the ball straight, made McDonald win headers against their striker.

Stop trying to ignore what people say about things that actually happened and actually happening week in, week out to go off in your daydreams about your dream team.

Discuss situations in our games, discuss things related to the system on the pitch, discuss what Robins could tweak for the next game to make a difference. All of the stuff you obsess about is imaginary scenarios in your head and you have no idea how to relate it to us.

Nick

Administrator
Fuck sake the best thing to do is write to Mystic Meg to see who which one is right...

Or could just watch the Morecambe match back to see what happened. Frankly though it's probably more enjoyable trying to get up a hill in the snow for an hour.

dongonzalos

So two out of three were SISU failures then is what you are saying.

PS I knew you’d be the first to start a thread like this.

I am shocked that he wants a manager who he believes is a ‘miracle worker’ sacked.
Then again I am not really just shows he did have a clue what he was talking about back then.

Grendel

I am shocked that he wants a manager who he believes is a ‘miracle worker’ sacked.
Then again I am not really just shows he did have a clue what he was talking about back then.

Well you don’t have a clue - most of us on the forum know that.

He was a miracle worker as he managed to rescue a team that was rock bottom, unfit and unorganised having been “managed” by the clueless one - remember him? You know the one that you thought was better than Sam Allardyce?

That’s not and never is the point though. Managers have a downward curve they rarely recover from. They are obstinate and reluctant to change as the spiral goes down. What went before becomes irrelevant as when Mowbray spiralled downwards - the button has to be pressed soon enough to ensure a recovery can be made.

oucho

There seem to be some on here whose default attutude is 'if in doubt, sack the manager'. When has that worked for us?
I would rather see a bloke given three years almost regardless of results; i would allow MR relegation this season or next abd just give him time time time. You don't turn a supertanker like CCFC round in 20 odd games. There will need to be faith shown in MR, or someone, even when results do not merit it. It's as if the owners won't accept a bad run of form isn't a sackable offence. If we obsess over short term results we will never rebuild the club on a solid, long term footing. How we did yesterday or next Saturday isn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things; it's where we are in 3 years that counts. If we keep chasing our tail by sacking every bloke who has a rough 10 games then we'll either be where we are bow, or lower, by that time. If we allow someone enough time, including license to experiment/fail in the early years, we may end up on a much more solid footing with the possibility to recover to something like our previous level; it must at least be worth a try, we've tried the shotgun managerial replacement strategt a dozen times and it has got us literally nowhere. At this point, what have we got to lose by giving MR effectively unlimited rope???

Skyblueweeman

FFS, we’re still 7th in the league despite two serious injuries to our best players, with one of the best defensive records in the league.

Yes, performances haven’t been great recently and yes, we don’t score enough but sacking manager after manager hasn’t worked.

Give him until the end of the season...if no promotion (even via play offs) then start looking but at the moment, hell no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

If you have the righr manager you give him time. This club and the teams that represent it have been on a fifteen year downward curve. I think it will take more than 6 or 7 months and one transfer window to change things. Robins needs to be given the one thing none of his predecessors were- time.This is exactly the same conversation that existed around Mowbray. Eighteen months on we are back here again. Give the man a chance to try and turn around the juggernaut that has been travelling in the wrong direction for so long. A new manager would come in and exactly the same situation would exist in a few months time the line. Try something new, don’t sack him, have patience and have faith.

Nick

Administrator
We don’t need to do that mate.
Nick is never wrong and when he doesn’t agree with afterwards the conversation never even happened.
It’s great in his world.
More things made up in your head. That's the difference, I am talking about things that have actually happened on the pitch, you are on a different planet now going on about things I've never said.

Nick

Administrator
FFS, we’re still 7th in the league despite two serious injuries to our best players, with one of the best defensive records in the league.

Yes, performances haven’t been great recently and yes, we don’t score enough but sacking manager after manager hasn’t worked.

Give him until the end of the season...if no promotion (even via play offs) then start looking but at the moment, hell no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, he needs a chance to at least show he is dealing with it and adapting to no Jones etc.

Adge

re: Mowbray, you skipped over the fact that he spent his second summer chasing unachievable transfer targets and didn't win a game in the first 10 before resigning..

Of course we need new owners, but even within the constraints of working for the basket case that is CCFC you can't tell me that the manager and players shouldn't shoulder responsibility for a shambles like yesterday?
And there you have hit the nail on the head. Players who were/are not bothered or good enough. 4-5 of them still here and people expect results/things to change.

Cov kid 55

Well you don’t have a clue - most of us on the forum know that.

He was a miracle worker as he managed to rescue a team that was rock bottom, unfit and unorganised having been “managed” by the clueless one - remember him? You know the one that you thought was better than Sam Allardyce?

That’s not and never is the point though. Managers have a downward curve they rarely recover from. They are obstinate and reluctant to change as the spiral goes down. What went before becomes irrelevant as when Mowbray spiralled downwards - the button has to be pressed soon enough to ensure a recovery can be made.
I would not be contemplating sacking MR at the moment, I would allow him the transfer window and the rest of the season. I do find myself, amazingly, agreeing with Grendle in that once Managers start on a downward spiral, very often they cannot reverse the trend. They become resistant to change, adopting a siege mentality that seldom works. I stress that I believe that MR needs much more time, but if there is a run of poor results, a decision will need to be made as to whether the current Manager can turn it around. I’d still rather the taxi would call and take Grendel away.

oucho

I’d still rather the taxi would call and take Grendel away.
We can but dream.

What I'd like to know is why the likes of Joy, Tim, Orange Ken, Geoffrey and Joe think they're qualified to hire and fire football managers. They don't have any more football expertise than we do.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

You know the one that you thought was better than Sam Allardyce?

Is the same manager you had a hissy fit with me over when I wouldn’t agree that he was a premier league quality manager as you were trying to sell his appointment as SISU success? Funnily enough you were the one starting threads on here calling for his head that time too. If we’re the most fickle supporters in the country you’re the most fickle of all of us.

oucho

Is the same manager you had a hissy fit with me over when I wouldn’t agree that he was a premier league quality manager as you were trying to sell his appointment as SISU success? Funnily enough you were the one starting threads on here calling for his head that time too. If we’re the most fickle supporters in the country you’re the most fickle of all of us.

In all fairness, Grendel ain't fickle. He just fuckin hates everyone! Always has done, and isn't afraid to say so!

Last edited:

skyblue1991

2 wins in 10 is not good enough.

If we are not in the play off places by the New Year then he has to go. The squad is good enough, its just some of his selections are questionable.

oucho

2 wins in 10 is not good enough.

If we are not in the play off places by the New Year then he has to go. The squad is good enough, its just some of his selections are questionable.

Past your bedtime

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

There is still time to cancel it but unless things improve before the end of December it has to be arriving for Mr Robins soon.
You can not be serious .
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread