That is how to look after fans (3 Viewers)

Vigornian

I know quite a lot of people who signed the petition against the move from Wycombe. Funnily enough, many of them are now regular attendees at the Ricoh.

albatross

- loss of identity
- loss of fans
- loss of column inches
- loss of status with the community

Then add in the prospect of us now never owning the Ricoh. Are you sure it's none of our business?

All of that you can pin directly at our owners door.

CCFC are the biggest potential crowd puller in the area. No one but the club and its owners are responsible for their well being.

Give them something to see and they will come
Give them something to see and they will write about it

Identity and community are theirs to instil through what happens on match days and how the engage with the people of coventry.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

There are certainly a few posters on this forum who appear to be part of the non-existent PR machine.

Thenose

CCFC were never owners of the Ricoh and never would be. If SISUs plan of distressing ACL to the point of buying it for £1, do you not think they would have not sold it onto WASPS for £10m and made a nice ring fenced profit...

stupot07

Where have I said I don't like this debate? I'm not sure where you have that idea from.

How many people joined in their protest? Did they have a march? Just looked at that petition, and it has 2971 signatures. Hardly a resounding no.

As for Coventry business, having Wasps here is obviously better than not having them here. I don't see how on any level having a top flight sports team is bad for a city.

As for CCFC, I don't see any short term impact in attendances because of Wasps, in the long term it is the RESPONSIBILITY (remember that word?) of the owners of CCFC to ensure it has a bright future. Wasps are not responsible for anything bad happening at CCFC.

CRFC, well they aren't exactly angels when it comes to franchising are they? Some might say that their actions in the past have now come back to haunt them. Either way, so far Wasps have had no negative impact on Cov, and even the management there have said it could work to their advantage.

Again, with Wycombe, it sounds like their fans were blaming Wasps for their own clubs failings. It was up to Wycombe Wanderers to improve itself all those things, and evidently they failed.

Finally Wasps are not the reason we do not own the Ricoh, I am sure you are not as naive to believe that.

bcd84c095b9c2098ef7c855d8e8e298c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bigfatronssba

bcd84c095b9c2098ef7c855d8e8e298c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Bizarre reply considering you seem to be blaming an "out of town" rugby club for all our woes.

stupot07

Who has ever blamed Wasps for "all our woes"?

No one is, I'm certainly not. It's the stock answer to BFRA and others. Dare to question or take a stance against anyone other than sisu = blaming them for "all out woes"/absolving sisu of all blame/sisu lover.

Funny really, he belittles the petition for only getting 2971 signatures, saying it's hardly a resounding no, but when you consider the average gate at adams park was only c5k (source guardian "The attendance figure will dwarf the 5,000 average gate at Adams Park,"http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/dec/19/wasps-ricoh-arena-rugby-london-irish-27000-crowd), then that's actually c60% that were against the move, I.e the majority viewpoint, which is slightly higher then our 55% turnout (based on 12/13 11k average) for our marches. And then there's eastwoods acknowledgement and acceptance that they will lose 75% of their wycombe fanbase in 3 years. It doesn't matter though the bandwagon city has welcomed them with open arms.

Last edited:

Thenose

the bandwagon city has welcomed them with open arms.

Has it ever occurred to you that Wasps are going to pull in supporters from a much larger geographic area than Coventry City, whereas CCFC are unlikely to be supported by many outside CV1-6

Nick

Administrator
Has it ever occurred to you that Wasps are going to pull in supporters from a much larger geographic area than Coventry City, whereas CCFC are unlikely to be supported by many outside CV1-6

70% CV postcode isn't it or something for Wasps?

What about Cv7 upwards? Considering Cv7 starts next to it.

stupot07

70% CV postcode isn't it or something for Wasps?

What about Cv7 upwards? Considering Cv7 starts next to it.

I believe it was 92%.

J

Jack Griffin

chiefdave

The link you're referring to there is only concerning tickets distributed through schools and local clubs. Many people, myself included, have been offered free tickets from other sources, there's been nothing to indicate that has changed.

italiahorse

It was far worse in times gone by. I mean, we had complete plonkers making up Sisu is saving us banners on here. You couldn't make it up could you?

Most of us supported Sisu when they took over, you included.
Actions can change peoples view of them and Sixfields changed it for me.

Nick

Administrator
I would need copies of your receipts to do that.
I can only offer your posts reacting to people who say Wasps are here so move on.
They can read them themselves.

So you don't have any proof? I suggest you wind your neck in then.

Grendel

Vigornian

Latest offer is buy a Gloucester ticket and get a Saracens one free.

Please keep up.

What a good idea. Buy one get one free. Why hasn't anybody ever thought of that before? Take the first letter of each of those words, and you could have a snappy little word like BOGOF. Sounds like the sort of promotion supermarkets and shops could do.

stupot07

Balsall common is CV postcode BUT birmingham unitary authority
Kilsby is CV postcode but in Nortamptonshire

Balsall common is under Solihull borough council http://www.solihull.gov.uk/Resident/Libraries/Local-family-history/localhistory/balsallcommonhistory it only has a population of c7k.

Kilsby has a population of c1.2k

Not even a splash in the ocean against 320k cov population.

To be honest it's getting boring debating this. We know that Cov is the home of the band wagon.

League game 16k - Chelsea FA Cup 31.5k - league game 13k
Oldham 10k - JPT area final 31k - yeovil 11k
Gillingham 27k - Yeovil 11k

Wasps first game 28k - next league game 15k

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread