The all new sparkling positivity thread (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

After our dismal season last year it was definitely another rebuild for us, this season we have played 15 games got a plus 6 goal difference and 24 points, I am sure if this question was asked "would we like to be in this position after 15 games" the answer to most fans would be yes, but now we are all starting to get impatient again and I get that because I want us to win every game 14-0 too but as I have said before its a new team unlike so many other seasons because its almost a completely new team, I too want goals but atm Robins aint doing too bad a job, wasnt many games ago when fans were singing "theres only 1 mark robins" !
Lets see how he addresses this rut we are in and try and remain positive even if we have to bite our tongues for a while

Gazolba

<snip> I want us to win every game 14-0 too <snip>
Lets see how he addresses this rut we are in and try and remain positive even if we have to bite our tongues for a while
I don't think anyone on here wants us to win every game 14-0. Personally, I'd be happy with a 1-0 or 2-1 win.
As for how Robins 'addresses the rut we are in', so far he has chosen to persist with the same players and tactics, re-arranging the deck-chars on the Titanic one might say.
Someone earlier said he didn't think a stingy defence and an effective attack were mutually exclusive; my fear (and Robins probably) is that in our case, they might be.

fernandopartridge

After our dismal season last year it was definitely another rebuild for us, this season we have played 15 games got a plus 6 goal difference and 24 points, I am sure if this question was asked "would we like to be in this position after 15 games" the answer to most fans would be yes, but now we are all starting to get impatient again and I get that because I want us to win every game 14-0 too but as I have said before its a new team unlike so many other seasons because its almost a completely new team, I too want goals but atm Robins aint doing too bad a job, wasnt many games ago when fans were singing "theres only 1 mark robins" !

Spot on.

Nick

Administrator

The worrying thing is the lack of him addressing anything at all in the past few games. He seems to think we have been throwing everything at the opposition, on Saturday he must have made some imaginary changes after they got a player sent off.

ceetee

The defence is great. We won’t get relegated with such a tight defence...we’ll just not get promoted without scoring more goals.
I think you should look at Leicester's defensive record the season that they were relegated from the Chaaampionship

Captain Dart

A few weeks ago Nazon was playing well & scoring, his international duties seem to have messed him up.

stupot07

A few weeks ago Nazon was playing well & scoring, his international duties seem to have messed him up.
Watching him, it looks as though he has started to believe the hype and is trying to do too much on his own and is just shooting from everywhere now instead of playing as team player.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

Reading MR's Interview in the CT he seems to ramble and sounds a bit lost, which is worrying.
Anyone think it may be possible or desirable to promote Bayliss and have a look at him for the AM role?

Otis

Watching him, it looks as though he has started to believe the hype and is trying to do too much on his own and is just shooting from everywhere now instead of playing as team player.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep, totally agree. He now suddenly thinks he can walks straight through a complete back line.

He needs bringing back down to earth and someone should puncture his balloon.

Otis

Reading MR's Interview in the CT he seems to ramble and sounds a bit lost, which is worrying.
Anyone think it may be possible or desirable to promote Bayliss and have a look at him for the AM role?
I was impressed with him in that U23 game. Reminded me a bit of Tony Andreu.

clint van damme

It is, but we only lost on Tuesday to another goalkeeping howler and Biamou should have scored from that cross. Yesterday McNulty should have clearly scored a goal.

Okay so none of those things happened. Had they done so we would all be smiling.

The point is it's such a fine line and for that reason I am not as concerned as others.

another goal keeping blunder, this one should have scored, that one should have scored, it doesn't sound good at all.

Maybe the strikers are so shot of confidence because we're creating so few chances that there is huge pressure on them to convert. Robins has to change our style.

Nick

Administrator
another goal keeping blunder, this one should have scored, that one should have scored, it doesn't sound good at all.

Maybe the strikers are so shot of confidence because we're creating so few chances that there is huge pressure on them to convert. Robins has to change our style.

That's the thing, it seems that the pressure is on to have 1 chance per game to get a goal. In league 2 it isn't going to happen to have a 100% strike rate.

Esoterica

Slowly cycling through the scapegoats this season but I think people are starting to get it. We've had Biamou, Vincenti, Beavon, McNulty, Stokes - just wish Ponticelli would get game time now so we can put that myth to bed too. Maybe after a 4th striker fails to score people will start to reassess their individual criticism.

Otis

That's the thing, it seems that the pressure is on to have 1 chance per game to get a goal. In league 2 it isn't going to happen to have a 100% strike rate.
Agree with both you and Clint.
Like I say, it's not all doom and gloom. It just needs tweaking and changing.

I trust Robins to do that. He's been stubborn so far, but he's far from being an idiot and he must know if this carries on he will lose his job. We can't keep not scoring week in week out. We do that we drop down the table. We drop down the table he loses his job.

I am confident he will start to change things, but I fully expect him to keep it the same this week against a very dangerous Luton side.

Polar

Good shout, think he’ll be wicked for us in due course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark82

Think one is definitely overdue.

Reading the posts on here this past week or so anyone would think we are struggling to avoid relegation.

We are just ONE point outside the playoff positions. We are just FIVE points off an automatic promotion place.

We have let just 8 goals in, in 15 matches. That's just about an average of 1 goal conceded every 2 games.

We have lost 2 matches at home and both have been due to catastrophic goalkeeping mistakes. Had they have not happened we would undoubtedly be actually in the top 7.

Yep, we're not scoring and it's a big problem, but I think most of us believe that just a few tweaks here and there and it is something that IS rectifiable.

We have not been outplayed in any game and are more often than not the dominant team in matches. We have a brilliant defensive unit.

There is no doubt it is frustrating at the moment, the run we're on, but like many others, I don't think the problem is with the strikers, I think it is with the creating of chances and the lack of such.

Simple solutions have been offered. Play just one holding midfielder. Play Haynes wide left so there is balance between the two wings and between Jones and the opposite side.

We are not creating enough clear cut chances for the forwards.

I am not too disheartened at all. If we continue to fail to address it though and this slump continues then of course I will start to get worried.

I didn't think we were awful yesterday, I thought we were just bang average. Defence continued to be very solid though.

Robins is a good manager I feel and I do think he will turn this around. If he IS sacked however, whoever takes over would find himself in a very good position at the right end of the table and just a couple of wins away from being right in the mix for the automatics.

I'm in Florida for the playoff final! Has to be automatic!

Otis

Worth a bump me thinks.

3-0 against Luton.

Not bad for a very poor team with a clueless manager eh!!

We are such a bad team we have beaten the top 3 sides in the division. Not bad that! ! ;)

Otis

Should indeed. There has been so much flak thrown at the team and individual players lately and yet here we are, in the playoff positions and just 4 points from the automatic promotion places. We surely are not a bad side. We can't be and so much for the predicted thrashing. Yet ANOTHER clean sheet!!!

Stan 43

Should indeed. There has been so much flak thrown at the team and individual players lately and yet here we are, in the playoff positions and just 4 points from the automatic promotion places. We surely are not a bad side. We can't be and so much for the predicted thrashing. Yet ANOTHER clean sheet!!!
Great result all round

Londonccfcfan

Watch the games back and tell me. A shot from Nazon with 5 players standing directly in front of him from 40 yards isn't really a "chance".

I said it about 5 games ago but nobody was interested, give it about 3 more games of Robins doing the same and people will see differently.
Disagreed with you numerous times on this.

We create plenty of chances, and very good chances every match.

You obviously know better than Mark Robins and others.

We have missed sitters. But as usual you will never eat humble pie.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
She wasn't talking to you before today.

Our goal difference is only second to the top 3 teams and our points are less than theirs. That's the only thing that matters, I'll take the clean sheets every day of the week, look at how it has made Exeter and Luton crumble against us. There are different ways to win games, no point beating Stevange 7-1 and losing 3-0 to us.

Great win, great thread, keep the faith and keep your wife Otis, its expensive not to

Otis

She wasn't talking to you before today.

Our goal difference is only second to the top 3 teams and our points are less than theirs. That's the only thing that matters, I'll take the clean sheets every day of the week, look at how it has made Exeter and Luton crumble against us. There are different ways to win games, no point beating Stevange 7-1 and losing 3-0 to us.

Great win, great thread, keep the faith and keep your wife Otis, its expensive not to
Though a hitman at £3,000 is a cheaper option.

Adge

And the flak was deserved just as much as the praise for spanking the League leaders today is also deserved.

stevefloyd

Just woke up here still feels great a great great win, it does slightly miff me that we draw or lose to 'lower' teams but hopefully this is the new phase where we kick on as a team and gain a new inner belief, Robins is a god again, well for this week anyway

Otis

And the flak was deserved just as much as the praise for spanking the League leaders today is also deserved.
Well yep, flak is fine, but coming to the conclusion that the players aren't good enough and the team is crap is drawing conclusions just based on one small bad run.

What people should have said is that we are not good enough AT THE MOMENT and are PLAYING crap. We clearly weren't good enough. Big difference though to deciding a player IS crap and that we ARE a poor side who are going to be nowhere near the promotion places.

Just 4 points of the automatic places now and we only 8 goals let in, in 16 games and that clearly shows that we are NOT a bad side.

It was just a bad run of form and we should have addressed it as that rather than conclude McNulty's not good enough and Biamou's not good enough and Beavon's not good enough and Vincenti's not good enough and Robins is a bad manager etc. etc.

Still early days and we have lost too many games, but we are right up there in the mix. If we can now address our goalscorer problems we are going to be absolutely flying.

Otis

I still maintain that McNulty and Beavon are not good enough but I will humbly accept being proved wrong
Yeah, well that's fine. I too have been disappointed with McNulty especially.

My main problem is in people saying that we are a bad side. Our position in the table and our having the best defence in all of the leagues clearly shows that, that is not the case.

It always gets OTT on here. Win two in a row and it's automatic promotion. Lose two in a row and don't score and the team is crap and not good enough to finish anywhere past midtable.

Users who are viewing this thread