The clock is ticking again Robins... (1 Viewer)

Otis

I am worried we might not. That's just 1 point from the last 3 games. We have to get back on track next week at Crawley. That's a must.

BackRoomRummermill

My opinion is that we won’t make the play offs either I just don’t get why you’re acting as if you’re the only one who has that opinion and as if it makes you really intelligent for thinking it

I have been saying this since November and no am not thinking I am some kind of football genius or what ever .

I thought it may change but alas we die in a ditch , Robins is front and centre to blame .

bringbackrattles

Just back from a day at Notts. Great crack with the lads but we were shit on the pitch. I think that's us over with the play offs ? Hope I'm wrong ?

Irish Sky Blue

I’m not going to respond anymore to any of BRR’s posts, and I would respectfully suggest that other supporters of City do the same. It’s not worth getting wound up by someone who only posts (the same message) when we lose.
I agree entirely. Waste of time trying to have a reasoned conversation. He is so over the top it is probably a wind up.

SkyBlueRuffian

We may scrape the play offs but I have no confidence in Robins to galvanise the team to actually winning it. We’re so inconsistent it’s a joke really and this is basically his team on the pitch now, so there’s no excuses. We should have easily made the playoffs this season and probably automatic promotion, as Robins himself said we’re good enough.
Losing Jones was a big turning point as he is by far our best payer, but Robins should have used the January window to loan in a creative match winner to replace him, but instead went for 2 loan players that have been a complete waste of time.
If we make the play offs then fine, but if we do fall short then Robins should walk away imo.

itsabuzzard

Also forgot to mention I have been on this Forum a lot longer than most so have some respect
The trouble with this argument is that you might have spent your entire time on the site talking absolute shite, in which case respect will be in short supply.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

rob9872

We may scrape the play offs but I have no confidence in Robins to galvanise the team to actually winning it. We’re so inconsistent it’s a joke really and this is basically his team on the pitch now, so there’s no excuses. We should have easily made the playoffs this season and probably automatic promotion, as Robins himself said we’re good enough.
Losing Jones was a big turning point as he is by far our best payer, but Robins should have used the January window to loan in a creative match winner to replace him, but instead went for 2 loan players that have been a complete waste of time.
If we make the play offs then fine, but if we do fall short then Robins should walk away imo.
Prick

MatthewWallis

Nothing he has said there isn’t true. We’ve been pretty much in the top 7 all season, so to not make the play offs is a massive failure and he should go if we don’t make it. You cannot say all season we are the best team in the league and then not make the top 7.

ccfcway

Nothing he has said there isn’t true. We’ve been pretty much in the top 7 all season, so to not make the play offs is a massive failure and he should go if we don’t make it. You cannot say all season we are the best team in the league and then not make the top 7.

who do you suggest we replace him with ?

i for one share no excitement to begin yet again with a new manager who wants to bring in his own players and for us to start again.

5 additions to this squad will elevate us to the next level.

Otis

i for one share no excitement to begin yet again with a new manager who wants to bring in his own players and for us to start again.

The Conference?

MatthewWallis

I’m not suggesting anyone at the minute because we are still in the play offs by 2 points.

Covstu

so finish 7th and lose in the play offs and he should stay, but finish 8th and he should go ?
It’s a strange one but a small margin of what is expected I.e. playoffs as a minimum and failure on that front.
I don’t think sacking him is the answer to be honest, he hasn’t lost the dressing room. My worry is that failure will also lead to more key exits which will then impact on next year.

ccfcway

It’s a strange one but a small margin of what is expected I.e. playoffs as a minimum and failure on that front.
I don’t think sacking him is the answer to be honest, he hasn’t lost the dressing room. My worry is that failure will also lead to more key exits which will then impact on next year.

even if we don't make play offs, turnover of players wont be as much as previous years. We need some stability and build

fernandopartridge

We're inconsistent because the players themselves are. That's why they're league 2 players or they're just inexperienced and struggle to maintain performance levels.

letsallsingtogether

Same shit another another day
Welcome to Div2.
FFS GIVE IT A REST.

rob9872

It's not the specifics just his constant negative agenda against Robins. Never hear from him when we win.

SkyblueBri

I just don’t understand Robins, most people learn from their mistakes but he doesn’t. Bayliss on the wing, set up time and again to be defensive, doesn’t seem able to assess opposition tactics and change ours. Look at yesterday rather than ball on the floor we kept it in the air where they were strongest. Also poor loan choices 2 of which seem a waste of a loan. Will he learn for next season whichever league we’re in ?

Hobo

The clock is ticking on us all. But we still have game time to make the play offs.

Otis

Need a result at Crawley. Cannot afford another defeat or things might indeed start looking grim.

MatthewWallis

You said he should go if we don’t make play offs, now it depends on how far off ?. You keep sitting on that fence

Not sitting on a fence, if we finished for example 8th on goal difference then it would be harsh I feel. A couple of points off the play offs then yes of course he should go.

fatso

You said he should go if we don’t make play offs, now it depends on how far off ?. You keep sitting on that fence
If we don’t make the playoffs he goes, simple as that. In fact I think he may well walk away rather than be pushed out.
I said at the time that he should of been sacked after the Morecombe away game, it was obvious then that he can’t motivate his players.

SkyblueBri

If we don’t make the playoffs he goes, simple as that. In fact I think he may well walk away rather than be pushed out.
I said at the time that he should of been sacked after the Morecombe away game, it was obvious then that he can’t motivate his players.
There is something wrong in how he tries to motivate them, look at Notts County, on a bad run but they bullied us all over the pitch. Where's the fight in our team, leaving out Doyle, we are a pushover at times. So even if we make the playoffs something has to change.

JulianDarbyFTW

Losing Jones was a blow. Losing Andreu was another, as he was our marquee signing. I doubt there was much left in the pot to pay for another proven creative player. Robins has tried to eek out the best he can from a squad devoid of flair. Yes, part of that is his fault for not having enough creative back-ups, but how many can you afford to have at this level? Bad luck plays a part as much as bad planning imho.

fatso

Losing Jones was a blow. Losing Andreu was another, as he was our marquee signing. I doubt there was much left in the pot to pay for another proven creative player. Robins has tried to eek out the best he can from a squad devoid of flair. Yes, part of that is his fault for not having enough creative back-ups, but how many can you afford to have at this level? Bad luck plays a part as much as bad planning imho.
Bad luck has undoubtedly played a big part, but Robbins hasn’t helped himself either. He’s failed to sort out the goalkeeping problem that has been an issue for the last 3 seasons at least, he’s not addressed the lack of creativity from central midfield (Bayliss offered a good option but has lately been pushed out wide where he is ineffective) he failed to get the best out of both the DKE twins, and don’t even get me started on the lack of goals and assists from Biamou who he persisted with for far too long.
Robbins has been found wanting in terms of man motivational skills as well as tactics. Even when jones was fit, we were becoming very much one trick ponies!
Only a strong defence has kept our season alive, but then we are playing a flat back 6 in almost every game we play. I’m sorry, but regardless what happens in the next few games, a change is needed, Maybe Doyle can be the man to take over the top job!

oucho

Relax, we'll definitely make the play-offs. In order to build a squad of his own, MR needs a few cycles of transfer windows so that we can keep hold of the gems, replace those players who get hoovered up by the bigger clubs, and replace the inevitable duds - in any season where we sign 10 players for the squad, a fair few will always fail to make the grade e.g. Vincenti. Squad consistency and togetherness will help us over the years to win with MR's tactics, and he'll no doubt iron out problems like the keeper's kicking over time. We need to play the long game - it was never just about promotion or not for this season.

ccfcricoh

IF we don't reach play offs (which last time i checked we're still in!) and get rid of Robins, do we not just start the circle of managers again. Next year the same excuse of "well he needs a season to build his team" that doesn't happen because there's no money, so we stay in league 2 next season as well, and then because we just miss out again, he gets sacked?!

Oh and as so many are keen to get rid asap, who's his replacement exactly?

Or give Robins 1 more year and i think we are only a couple of signings away from being a very strong League 2 side and see how we get on next year.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I do not think there will be any pressure on him to go from the one place that matters.................. the owners.

Change will cost, not only in paying Robins and his staff off but also in bringing new players and manager in. I doubt given the cash flow implication that's going to make change seem a good idea to the owners.

In addition, I do not see an overwhelming ground swell of fans pushing for his removal at the moment, he still seems to command support even if his crown has slipped.

I also think despite his faults fans over estimate the sum of the ability of the squad, we clearly do not have the best squad available in this division. Also think a lot of the fans fail to understand the finances available to Robins that underpins it all. There is no god given rule that owners have to pour money in based on the hope of promotion............ in any case the last couple of seasons additional finance of £1m+ has been provided.

Had Robins not based it all on a solid defence, as most successful teams do, would our misfiring goal scorers have made the difference given the extra goals we would surely have conceded? Reality is in terms of results we have had a better season than many recently, it might not be enough but it is better (statistically)

Only reason he will leave is if he gets a much better offer

I fully expect Robins to be here next season

Last edited:

Covstu

IF we don't reach play offs (which last time i checked we're still in!) and get rid of Robins, do we not just start the circle of managers again. Next year the same excuse of "well he needs a season to build his team" that doesn't happen because there's no money, so we stay in league 2 next season as well, and then because we just miss out again, he gets sacked?!

Oh and as so many are keen to get rid asap, who's his replacement exactly?

Or give Robins 1 more year and i think we are only a couple of signings away from being a very strong League 2 side and see how we get on next year.
Agree totally, my concern is that we lose key players I.e. McNulty, Bayliss and Willis. He is then having to rebuild key roles (albeit we will have jones and Andreu back)

Users who are viewing this thread