The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (32 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kingokings204

Do people *really* care what colour their passport is?!?

Maybe not you but I care and as you’re would of seen judging by the responses to me I would suggest many other posters really care.

Sick Boy

But that’s the aim of the EU to have it as all as one. Destroy the nation state and live in a United States of Europe. It won’t fool me Schulz and juncker have confirmed as such in the last few months it’s full steam ahead with everything and everyone in the EU.

I’m sorry it’s not for me and many others. Thank goodness we voted to leave.

What authority does Schulz have to impose something across Europe that doesn't even have support?

skybluetony176

Do people *really* care what colour their passport is?!?

Off course. It’s very important that something that sits in a dusty draw most of the year for the majority of the population is the right colour.

What happens if you open the draw to get some new batteries for the remote control, happen to catch a glimpse of your EU red passport and through no fault of your own forget where you’re from?

martcov

You’re never going to get out the denial stage Mart. Many on here have given up debating with you. Have you ever wondered why? It’s becasue you’re in denial and you simply can’t accept the referendum result.

No. I suspect they have run out of answers when called out. I have accepted the result, which why I say " stumbling towards Brexit ".

martcov

But that’s the aim of the EU to have it as all as one. Destroy the nation state and live in a United States of Europe. It won’t fool me Schulz and juncker have confirmed as such in the last few months it’s full steam ahead with everything and everyone in the EU.

I’m sorry it’s not for me and many others. Thank goodness we voted to leave.

Thank goodness people like you are leaving..... pity about the intelligent people who are leaving with you.

mrtrench

I agree with Astute that this thread has become pretty pointless with entrenched opinions not swayed by new information; repetition and some bloody stupid things written (not pointing fingers at any one person).

Just wanted to share that on the way back from the match last night we were listening to Radio 4 in the car. The European correspondent was talking and I must say it sounded more upbeat than it has for a long time. Link here - she starts at around 27:30

US life expectancy drops for second consecutive year, The World Tonight - BBC Radio 4

mrtrench

It's taken you this long to notice?!?

No! :)

I left ages ago and then came back a month or so ago when there was something new. I realised even then it was futile. It's a shame, because I would enjoy an intelligent debate about all sorts of issues but it seems to be impossible online - just lots of people writing their opinions without ever reading or thinking about what anyone else writes.

clint van damme

I agree with Astute that this thread has become pretty pointless with entrenched opinions not swayed by new information; repetition and some bloody stupid things written (not pointing fingers at any one person).

Just wanted to share that on the way back from the match last night we were listening to Radio 4 in the car. The European correspondent was talking and I must say it sounded more upbeat than it has for a long time. Link here - she starts at around 27:30

US life expectancy drops for second consecutive year, The World Tonight - BBC Radio 4

the attitude of the EU that she describes varies significantly from what certain sections of the media would have us believe.
She certainly makes it sound as if they are willing to be more co-operative than we have been led to believe.

mrtrench

the attitude of the EU that she describes varies significantly from what certain sections of the media would have us believe.
She certainly makes it sound as if they are willing to be more co-operative than we have been led to believe.

Yep... sounds more positive doesn't it? Although to be fair, she did say that their initial reaction was to be negative and punish but that has dissipated.

SkyblueBazza

that's a pathetic comment. No one craves what some of us think is coming.
But why pretend everything's rosy if you don't think it is?
Some simply come across with negative reports about what we MIGHT face with nothing less than glee from where I am sitting. Hence I said 'appear'!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

People are already on the streets, but there are.no elections due. To join the EU you have to agree to democratic rule. Poland did and now it’s government is breaking the democratic rules after being democratically elected. As did Hitler for example. Hungary has also defied the rules of democracy by clamping down on press freedom. Orban wants to go further down the road to dictatorship. No wonder he supports Poland.

It is difficult to reverse steps to dictatorship ( e.g. when there is no free press or judiciary ), which is why the EU is designed not to allow those steps.
Yet has not stopped them

SkyblueBazza

You don’t have a clue. Read too many low level right wing newspapers. Despite posting links that explain how the system works, you still believe the snippets of bias distorted information you have seen in rags and heard over a few beers.

Yes, I believe that you voted leave.
Well you're ABSOLUTELY WRONG on ALL counts

Sick Boy

Some simply come across with negative reports about what we MIGHT face with nothing less than glee from where I am sitting. Hence I said 'appear'!

Then you're very much mistaken. It goes along with the tabloids' narrative about remoaners etc though I guess.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Why on earth would you care?!? What difference does it make if it's a yellow polka dot style?!?
It could matter if the receiving country or their border staff decides upon discrimination as a form of awkwardness or fun...delaying people via different channels or harsher checks based on the colour of their 'skin'

SkyblueBazza

Then you're very much mistaken. It goes along with the tabloids' narrative about remoaners etc though I guess.
I am referring to the gleeful gloating 'look at this'...doom doom doom - my stance hasn't changed. We are leaving the EU. We have to thrash out the best deal we can & then just get on with creating, seeking & satisfying whatever opportunities we can wherever we can

clint van damme

I am referring to the gleeful gloating 'look at this'...doom doom doom - my stance hasn't changed. We are leaving the EU. We have to thrash out the best deal we can & then just get on with creating, seeking & satisfying whatever opportunities we can wherever we can

again, pathetic comment.

Evo1883

Time to stop the bickering and get behind YOUR country , enough of the childish nonsense .
We are leaving and it won’t change

Merry Christmas

clint van damme

Time to stop the bickering and get behind YOUR country , enough of the childish nonsense .
We are leaving and it won’t change

Merry Christmas

How are we leaving, hard or soft Brexit? In or our of the single market? In or out of the customs union? With or without the Citys European passport in place?

Plenty of issues to debate, comments like get behind your country are just empty rhetoric.

Evo1883

How are we leaving, hard or soft Brexit? In or our of the single market? In or out of the customs union? With or without the Citys European passport in place?

Plenty of issues to debate, comments like get behind your country are just empty rhetoric.

I agree , but the whining and bickering is absolutely nonsensical .
Let’s be honest it’s all because some still hope to stop it happening completely

clint van damme

I agree , but the whining and bickering is absolutely nonsensical .
Let’s be honest it’s all because some still hope to stop it happening completely

to be honest whatever is said on this board isn't going to have an affect either way!
Yes, there are people who want it stopped, I can't see them succeeding and even though I think it will be bad for the country I think we have to respsect the result.

NorthernWisdom

Yes, there are people who want it stopped, I can't see them succeeding and even though I think it will be bad for the country I think we have to respsect the result.
It's not even about wanting it stopped. As ever, if it turns out to be spectacularly bad for the country, the mood will change.

(Likewise, if it's all sweetness and light, the mood will change more the other way too!)

Evo1883

What the fuck are you talking about... people like me?!?
I’m “fucking “on about your reply , haven’t read the whole 300plus pages so based my reply on your reply , ok a long few years for people who hope to stop brexit.
If that’s not you then I misjudged

Users who are viewing this thread