The game has gone (3 Viewers)

SBT

Ellis Simms is a Man City fan who came through their academy. Are you seriously trying to argue that if you as a CCFC fan were in charge of VAR for that decision there wouldn’t be a conflict of interest?
If it was my livelihood then I’d be pretty fucking stupid to blatantly fix games in some team’s favour because it might make my friends/family happy for a weekend

It’s the kind of irrelevant thing that fans love to fume about while huge systemic fuck-ups like VAR render the whole game pointless

Brighton Sky Blue

If it was my livelihood then I’d be pretty fucking stupid to blatantly fix games in some team’s favour because it might make my friends/family happy for a weekend

It’s the kind of irrelevant thing that fans love to fume about while huge systemic fuck-ups like VAR render the whole game pointless
I think you’re just playing the contrarian at this point. I’m pretty sure not even Ten Haag thinks it’s offside.

SBT

I think you’re just playing the contrarian at this point. I’m pretty sure not even Ten Haag thinks it’s offside.
No human being in the moment would call it offside

A guy watching on a monitor whose job it is to slow down every play and analyse it in case someone moans about refereeing consistency may well come to a different conclusion - that’s what it comes down to.

It’s not about individual bias, it’s a systemic problem.

SkyBlue_Bear83

A guy watching on a monitor whose job it is to slow down every play and analyse it in case someone moans about refereeing consistency may well come to a different conclusion - that’s what it comes down to.

Lines were drawn incorrectly, human error at least.

Brighton Sky Blue

The guy on the monitor has drawn the lines incorrectly. The 4th official who can also see the replays didn’t see a problem.

In my view that should be enough. It’s meant to be ‘assistant’, after all.

pusbccfc

If you look hard enough, it was offside - end of story

If the most important thing isn’t the flow of the game, or the drama of human error/success, but instead it’s making sure refs are consistent and never make a mistake, it’s totally understandable to want to slow the game down to the point where even the most incredible moments are ruled out for tiny infractions

VAR is the result of a generation of pussies who bitch and moan every week about how refs are shit and biased against them. This is the level of oversight that football has come up with - hope you’re happy lads.

Where are you actually looking?

You are teaching players to play along the line of defenders at age 10+ and VAR changes all that - at this level if you stand 1/2 yard back the opportunity is gone . Haji does no wrong he can’t tell if his toe is offside 🤷🏼‍♂️the greatest comeback in FA Cup history is denied thanks to the ineptitude of the FA soiling their own product with VAR. That aside it’s a day to be proud and privileged to be a Sky Blue 🩵

Paxman II

Are we saying the referee, linesman and 4th official never called offside? Then why are we looking at VAR? Surely it should only be used if there is dispute among the officials? The VAR technician is not in charge of the game. He should be used only for a dispute.
It's like a jury finds you incent but the judge then decides to over rule everyone.

Brighton Sky Blue

Blame today’s VAR operator all you like, it won’t make the situation better in the future.

VAR itself is the problem - that’s where my anger is focused.
It is still needed to overrule clear and obvious errors, but even in those cases it should always be to invite the referee to look at replays and see if he still agrees with the decision.

That said O’Hare getting a boot to the face was deemed fine by everyone and wasn’t even retrospectively punished.

shmmeee

If you look hard enough, it was offside - end of story

If the most important thing isn’t the flow of the game, or the drama of human error/success, but instead it’s making sure refs are consistent and never make a mistake, it’s totally understandable to want to slow the game down to the point where even the most incredible moments are ruled out for tiny infractions

VAR is the result of a generation of pussies who bitch and moan every week about how refs are shit and biased against them. This is the level of oversight that football has come up with - hope you’re happy lads.

“If you look hard enough”??

It’s not offside. The line is in the wrong place and if it wasn’t it would be level.

Not sure how VAR is there cos people complain about refs when we are complaining about VAR, what next VAVAR?

Until VAR takes influence from other sports ( Rugby League , Cricket ) it will dominate the game to the point of exaustion. Top level football is fast facing its own “Gerald Ratner “ day of reckoning . Is anyone clear on who is the overriding official in charge ? Why is it always referred ? In cricket for example on marginal decisions the on field umpires decision is standing unless reviewed and if so then marginal decisions remain with on field umpire .Also mic the onfield official up if he does review it to VAR for greater transparency . Let the football be the topic of discussion not shitty faceless VAR. despite this it still doesn’t take away from a brilliant effort from everyone in Sky Blue ( fans , players , staff , managers owner) we are as one today I am so proud of this club 🩵

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s not offside. The line is in the wrong place and if it wasn’t it would be level.

Not sure how VAR is there cos people complain about refs when we are complaining about VAR, what next VAVAR?
Just SBT playing the contrarian as per

SBT

If your job is to spot marginal errors, then you’re going to find them. It’s not much more complicated than that.

VAR was supposed to take the pressure off refs who were taking heat for not making the right decision in the heat of the moment 100% of the time. Seems like we forgot that things happening in the heat of the moment was kind of why we enjoyed the game in the first place.

shmmeee

If your job is to spot marginal errors, then you’re going to find them. It’s not much more complicated than that.

VAR was supposed to take the pressure off refs who were taking heat for not making the right decision in the heat of the moment 100% of the time. Seems like we forgot that things happening in the heat of the moment was kind of why we enjoyed the game in the first place.

Ref does seem something then fair enough. No one wanted some twat who can’t use a ruler trying to disallow every goal.

larry_david

The twitter tide has turned completely as well in our favour. Not that it means anything really.

The frustrating thing if that goal is given, I guarantee they don't even talk about that decision post match. They say 'he's level, onside, coventry have just completed the greatest ever fa cup moment'

Brighton Sky Blue

The twitter tide has turned completely as well in our favour. Not that it means anything really.

The frustrating thing if that goal is given, I guarantee they don't even talk about that decision post match. They say 'he's level, onside, coventry have just completed the greatest ever fa cup moment'
Well that is almost literally what people did say until Alex Ferguson took charge in the VAR room

Robinshio

1713734965840.png this is the moment the ball left o hares boot - a split second after the VAR shot, and its all down to frames per minute - by now Haji is onside (not level as he was with the dodgy drawn lines on the previous frame)

larry_david

Someone on twitter has commented saying 'why do we just accept so easily some dodgy lines on a screen'

And the answer is, I don't know. Var has lost what it was supposed to be. Those decisions where the lino misses him someone being a yard offside

Not this bollocks. If you have to draw a fucking line, it's onside and get on with it

messiahrobins

O'Hare hasn't yet made the pass

View attachment 35233
and they drew the line over the top of Wan Bisaka's foot.

View attachment 35232

Literally stolen from us.
There has to be ramifications for that. We should all issue a class action claim for a refund of our tickets. The club should sue as well.
That clearly is not offide and no way can we asa club and fanbase take that lying down. Time to up the ante on FA officials.

chiefdave

View attachment 35242

And that's it right there isn't it. If she is right and the technology and frame rates are not good enough, it simply shouldn't be used for these types of decisions.
This, I've posted this so many times when VAR has been discussed on here and I don't know why the press won't pick up on it. The technology is simply not up to the job of making decisions that tight, the margin of error is significant. Other sports manage to factor this in, umpires call in cricket, conclusive evidence in ice hockey for example, why does football act like its not a thing

The Nomad

It's not offside, no one will convince me that the technology is 100% fact.

If Utd scored they would have found a reason to give it.
Exactly because they will never know the exact millisecond the ball leaves O'Hares foot and where Wright was at that exact time. Its a farce . If the human eye can't tell them it should be advantage to the attacker.

Fck the Premiership because to hell with that carry on every week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread