The Mark Labowitch Thread (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
No, it's not bollocks!

If you check the facts I think you will find that Eastwood, Bell and Glinghan were signed 5 years ago and Baker, 4 years ago?

Try again after you have apologised.

Did he say when it was they were signed?

shmmeee

Because then people would have kicked off they couldn't go, why their question wasn't asked etc. I have said if people do have their own questions, I am more than happy to pass details over to see if they can arrange a meeting of their own to put their own points / opinions and questions across. It isn't me saying everything is top secret and you will only find out if you go and lube up for him, it is me saying I went there straight from work, it was a rush, I didn't go with a notepad to try and catch him out, I didn't write notes.

If people really do have questions, then why not sit one on one or in a small group to ask their question for themselves. Not being snotty or sarcastic, but surely it is a better way to ask than on a microphone while everybody is butting in and jeering?

Bullshit.

You yourself have praised kingsharvest for coming on and doing exactly that for the SCG. Stating it as good practice.

Who the fuck died and made you king of fan communication? I'm sorry but skulking around and handpicking the fans you deem "acceptable" to meet key players in this scenario moves you well and truly from impartial observer to key actor and brings into question your impartiality. You should remember that it is your impartial administration that helped build this site to the size it is.

Off the top of my head I could think of a thousand fairer ways to do it, that don't entangle you in this mess. First people to post in a thread, first to PM, a lottery, based on time with the forum, based on posts, based on a poll. FFS Based on alphabetical order of usernames would've worked. Anything but making it your decision.

The evasiveness in this thread from the chosen few is ridiculous. Seems it's ridiculously easy to buy football fans off with feeling a little bit special, I saw it in spades at the forum meeting, I've seen it at the Trust, and now it's on here. Divided we fall it is, it seems.

Last edited:

Grendel

Bullshit.

You yourself have praised kingsharvest for coming on and doing exactly that for the SCG. Stating it as good practice.

Who the fuck died and made you king of fan communication? I'm sorry but skulking around and handpicking the fans you deem "acceptable" to meet key players in this scenario moves you well and truly from impartial observer to key actor and brings into question your impartiality. You should remember that it is your impartial administration that helped build this site to the size it is.

The evasiveness in this thread from the chosen few is ridiculous. Seems it's ridiculously easy to buy football fans off with feeling a little bit special, I saw it in spades at the forum meeting, I've seen it at the Trust, and now it's on here. Divided we fall it is, it seems.

Shall I pass your details on to Mark? PM me if you wish. I might change my surname if I were you though.

Hobo

"This scenario moves" Nick "well and truly from impartial,observer to key actor".

When was Nick impartial? Must have been before my time on here.

shmmeee

Shall I pass your details on to Mark? PM me if you wish. I might change my surname if I were you though.

You can if you want. He's got my details on file I'd imagine ;)

Though to be honest, if I was going to go I'd make it clear that everything would be posted on here verbatim and I'd solicit questions. Which is my point.

I don't particularly want to meet Labovitch. Like yourself I doubt I'll believe much of what he says, though it would be interesting to see if he makes the accusations you are alluding to to my face (still not actually sure what they are, so that would be good too).

My point is G that the one "group" we can all be "pro" is the fans. As a group we shouldn't allow ourselves to be split into nice bite sized pieces, and at every turn groups have done that (apart from, as far as I can tell, Michael).

To be honest, I've lost all passion for this row in the last couple of weeks. I didn't start supporting a football club to end up having my family attacked by the owners, and not even in public, but by organising a series of secret meetings, and hijacking meetings arranged for other reasons. I joined to watch Gallagher cut in and score, or Ndlovu take a massive run up for every header, or Hucks skin 5 players without looking up from the floor, of Leigh Jenkinson doing a million step overs and getting nowhere.

It's not fun any more mate.

Grendel

"This scenario moves" Nick "well and truly from impartial,observer to key actor".

Sadly the Oxford English Dictionary definition of impartial and the sky blue talk definition differ somewhat.

The SBT definition is someone who crawls up the council backside and worships at the temple of ACL.

Schmeee is impartial (the SBT way).

shmmeee

Sadly the Oxford English Dictionary definition of impartial and the sky blue talk definition differ somewhat.

The SBT definition is someone who crawls up the council backside and worships at the temple of ACL.

Schmeee is impartial (the SBT way).

It's about his role as an admin, not his personal views.

Also (and especially as someone who spits his dummy at the slightest misspelling of his name): How fucking hard is it to copy 7 characters down?

Moff

To be honest, I've lost all passion for this row in the last couple of weeks. I didn't start supporting a football club to end up having my family attacked by the owners, and not even in public, but by organising a series of secret meetings, and hijacking meetings arranged for other reasons. I joined to watch Gallagher cut in and score, or Ndlovu take a massive run up for every header, or Hucks skin 5 players without looking up from the floor, of Leigh Jenkinson doing a million step overs and getting nowhere.

I totally sympathise Shmee. The only thing that keeps the paasion burning is knowing that one day it will change and they will be gone....

Grendel

You can if you want. He's got my details on file I'd imagine ;)

Though to be honest, if I was going to go I'd make it clear that everything would be posted on here verbatim and I'd solicit questions. Which is my point.

I don't particularly want to meet Labovitch. Like yourself I doubt I'll believe much of what he says, though it would be interesting to see if he makes the accusations you are alluding to to my face (still not actually sure what they are, so that would be good too).

My point is G that the one "group" we can all be "pro" is the fans. As a group we shouldn't allow ourselves to be split into nice bite sized pieces, and at every turn groups have done that (apart from, as far as I can tell, Michael).

Oh you are being serious - how dull - that means I now have to respond seriously.

Some things seem to upset posters regarding this. As I understand it nick was asked to invite a cross sections of posters which he did along with other groups.

He is then damned if he does and damned if he didn't. If he didn't ML could blurt out on Cwr that he'd asked fans on the forum to talk and none would. If he does he has to select a small number so some will feel omitted.

The only reason I didnt mention it afterwards is I new the reaction and negative views to Nick - especially as it was me. Also I do not want to disclose things said as I think they'll be libellous if untrue.

shmmeee

I totally sympathise Shmee. The only thing that keeps the paasion burning is knowing that one day it will change and they will be gone....

I hope so mate.

The whole scenario is poisonous to me now, I hope there'll be some movement at the JR, but I doubt it'll be the end of it. And if I've fallen this far in one season, I worry where I'll be after another one. It's all a bag of shit.

Grendel

Moff spell his name correctly. He will send Captain Hook after you.

shmmeee

Oh you are being serious - how dull - that means I now have to respond seriously.

Some things seem to upset posters regarding this. As I understand it nick was asked to invite a cross sections of posters which he did along with other groups.

He is then damned if he does and damned if he didn't. If he didn't ML could blurt out on Cwr that he'd asked fans on the forum to talk and none would. If he does he has to select a small number so some will feel omitted.

The only reason I didnt mention it afterwards is I new the reaction and negative views to Nick - especially as it was me. Also I do not want to disclose things said as I think they'll be libellous if untrue.

I get that. And maybe you have a point (nice to see behind the curtain BTW, I like it) it might just be the last straw for me personally, I've found this whole season poisonous. Like I said mate, it's not what I got into this for. YMMV.

Grendel

I get that. And maybe you have a point (nice to see behind the curtain BTW, I like it) it might just be the last straw for me personally, I've found this whole season poisonous. Like I said mate, it's not what I got into this for. YMMV.

I don't know but I can't personally see the situation lasting very much longer.

Sisu are clearly losing money. Despite ACL also moving on they are unlikely to utilise the space. Despite his protestations I told him the ground will not be built and even if its a charade they need to perpetuate a charade it has to be.

The real problem is all sides loath each other and each party is not worth as much as the whole. The only hope somehow is for someone to buy the lot but everyone and I mean everyone then has to accept losses. I don't see any side accepting that.

Moff

I hope so mate.

The whole scenario is poisonous to me now, I hope there'll be some movement at the JR, but I doubt it'll be the end of it. And if I've fallen this far in one season, I worry where I'll be after another one. It's all a bag of shit.

I have no doubt, something has to give one way or another.

They wont build a stadium and therefore need the Ricoh.
If they dont get it I cant see why they would maintain huge year on year losses, which then poses a question of what then, but to get something back they would have to sell rather than liquidate, and so I would hope they would be off.

If they do get the Stadium unless they invest in the team they will never make the money back they need, and so I could see them looking to sell us on. If not I hope they wouldn't separate the team and the stadium as to recoup losses I can only see that being made tying together a successful team and ground and then selling it on. As we have seen the stadium is only worth so much, and not without its anchor tenant...so to recoup eventually they will have to sell.

The only worry from this would be another bad owner, but surely we cant have as bad again. I hold many people responsible for the mess we are in and there are many who should hold their head in shame.

I know this is simplistic view but hey why not, as every other scenario just gets more and more complicated. I posted it to be optimistic in response to Shmeee, and not for it to be ripped apart by all and sundry.

shmmeee

I don't know but I can't personally see the situation lasting very much longer.

Sisu are clearly losing money. Despite ACL also moving on they are unlikely to utilise the space. Despite his protestations I told him the ground will not be built and even if its a charade they need to perpetuate a charade it has to be.

The real problem is all sides loath each other and each party is not worth as much as the whole. The only hope somehow is for someone to buy the lot but everyone and I mean everyone then has to accept losses. I don't see any side accepting that.

I think you're pretty much spot on there.

Nick

Administrator
Bullshit.

Off the top of my head I could think of a thousand fairer ways to do it, that don't entangle you in this mess. First people to post in a thread, first to PM, a lottery, based on time with the forum, based on posts, based on a poll. FFS Based on alphabetical order of usernames would've worked. Anything but making it your decision.

I'm not king of fan communication am I? Maybe you should speak to the trust and ask them o reveal all the times they have met with key people and not told anybody about it?

I am pretty sure none of the fans I suggested have been bought off, I like to think I picked people who had more sense, unlike the trust with haskell. Nobody has come back singing praises i don't think from being bought off.

I'm happy to arrange for you to meet him if I can?

Nick

Administrator

Yes because everybody I got there were all sisu lovers. The people there were as balanced as I could get I think.

Nick

Administrator
It's about his role as an admin, not his personal views.

Also (and especially as someone who spits his dummy at the slightest misspelling of his name): How fucking hard is it to copy 7 characters down?

I don't think any personal views came into it? This is a fucking website, not a fans group ;)

Users who are viewing this thread