The morning after the night that wasnt to be. (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Waking up with a sore head and the feeling like I need to drink a whole reservoir of water. I'm still gutted and think Hamer going off completely changes the face of the game. I'm pretty confident he stays on the pitch we'd have nicked it at the end when everyone was tiring. Anyway, wasn't to be. I do think we will now lose Vik and Hamer and having to rebuild that spine worries me a lot. I have been chilled out going in to most seasons as it feels our spine was more static. Recruitment is so bloody important for us, we just can't afford any duds. Maybe it's the booze anxiety but struggling to shift it. Suppose we will have to see what the summer brings!

slowpoke

Waking up with a sore head and the feeling like I need to drink a whole reservoir of water. I'm still gutted and think Hamer going off completely changes the face of the game. I'm pretty confident he stays on the pitch we'd have nicked it at the end when everyone was tiring. Anyway, wasn't to be. I do think we will now lose Vik and Hamer and having to rebuild that spine worries me a lot. I have been chilled out going in to most seasons as it feels our spine was more static. Recruitment is so bloody important for us, we just can't afford any duds. Maybe it's the booze anxiety but struggling to shift it. Suppose we will have to see what the summer brings!
I’m sure MR will have his targets but as you say it’s a mammoth task and can’t afford many if any for want of a better word duds.

stay_up_skyblues

Trying to find the positives and focus on the success stories after playoff heartbreak like Villa and Luton, as opposed to the other way with Barnsley and Huddersfield. As devastated as I am that Vik and Gus will almost certainly be off, we’re keeping the two biggest assets in MR and Adi.

Im torn between wanting the club to start announcing transfers and the rebuild versus switching off from football all together for six or seven weeks.

skyblu3sk

It's whether we can use some of the Vik money to tie down Hamer and or/O'Hare, then find another 'Vik' for £1m. Easy peasy!
I keep forgetting we have O'hare to come back that cheers me up a bit and if Palmer can stay fit with his trickery. Will really miss the way vik plays the channels I think towards the end of the season him and Hamer were building a real partnership.

Flying Fokker

Trying to find the positives and focus on the success stories after playoff heartbreak like Villa and Luton, as opposed to the other way with Barnsley and Huddersfield. As devastated as I am that Vik and Gus will almost certainly be off, we’re keeping the two biggest assets in MR and Adi.

Im torn between wanting the club to start announcing transfers and the rebuild versus switching off from football all together for six or seven weeks.
We need news about incoming player so that we can draw a line under this season. Show the fans we mean business.

Saddlebrains

I'm going on a social media block for a bit now. I have never felt such agony and numbness from football. My daughter cried her eyes out on the way out of Wembley and that hurt just as much.

We all deserved this. We've been through 22 years of shit. And that could have been our only chance, only time will tell.

Love you all on here but im going to swerve anything CCFC for a little while now, it just hurts too much 💙

bigfatronssba

Still hurts this morning.

Agree the club need to get busy in the transfer market as soon as the window opens.

Cash in on Vik, I’d like to keep Hamer but if he has to go then so be it. Every penny needs to be put back in the squad.

Try and sign McNally. Try and get Doyle on loan again next season.

Trust Robins to find another decent goalscorer, just like he’s always done.

Happy_Martian

I really don't want Vik to leave but I'm accepting more and more that he will have his head turned. But I'm not so sure about Hamer moving. He would most probably be wanted by other teams but he's got a 3 yr old kid and a property in Leamington. He may not want to move his young family.

cooperskyblue

Gutted. So so raw.

But when the dust settles what we have achieved this season with injuries and all the well documented nonsense off the pitch, has been nothing short of miraculous.

We have known for months as a club that Vik would be going and that was when we looked like we wouldn't make playoffs at all.
I'm sure Doug and Robins have a plan to put in place.

With so much deadwood out of contract we must see this as a great opportunity to address the depth issues and go again stronger.

Sky Blue Harry H

It'll be exciting to see a group of new players through the door. Just hoping that the team spirit that has been built up is maintained, if the 'gang' is initially split up. Have to remember that it's not long ago we thought we would implode when McNulty was leaving :rolleyes:

bigfatronssba

It'll be exciting to see a group of new players through the door. Just hoping that the team spirit that has been built up is maintained, if the 'gang' is initially split up. Have to remember that it's not long ago we thought we would implode when McNulty was leaving :rolleyes:

Yep. Vik leaving will be no different to McNulty leaving. Robins will find a replacement

You'll Never Beat McPake

It's almost June and the seasons over. How often have we said its January and the seasons over? We are the team comes back from the brink, that defies expectations. Disappointed that we never quite mafe it yesterday, but do we really think we were ready for Premiership football? I strongly believe we need another couple of seasons to build similar to Brentford and Brighton so that if we do get to the promised land we at least have a fighting chance.
So next season we can look forward to playing two of Leicester, Leeds and Everton, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Sunderland, Ipswich, Norwich, Watford, Swansea, Stoke. All teams that have been in the Premier League in recent times. I for one will enjoy a couple of months of no football, recharge batteries and go again on 12th August knowing we have stable ownership, Robins and Viveash, a decent pitch, improved training facilities and no off field shenanigans. The future is bright, the future is Sky Blue.

Perryccfc

I feel worse this morning than I did last night. I’m devastated.

Vik is gone and I’ve accepted that. Hamer I would love the club to say just give us one more year, bung his wages up to whatever he needs and if we don’t do it next year then he goes with our blessing. He is the difference in us getting to where we got, and finishing mid table imo.

CCFCSteve

Yep. Vik leaving will be no different to McNulty leaving. Robins will find a replacement

Viks integral to our current style of play though, a target man, who runs the channels, scored 20+ goals and 10+ assists. McNulty was just a goalscorer

We might well change our style again rather than replace

Ps I’d love hamer to stay but it’s not just about the money/paying him what he wants. He’s 25, in his prime and deserves to give it a crack at top level if a massive bid comes in. Same with Vik

Hertsccfc

We need to just pay Hamer whatever he wants to stay.
The only way to keep him would have been to win yesterday. Why would he sign even if we offered him more? He is ready for the Premier League. Going to be very hard to replace.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Viks integral to our current style of play though, a target man, who runs the channels, scored 20+ goals and 10+ assists. McNulty was just a goalscorer

We might well change our style again rather than replace

Ps I’d love hamer to stay but it’s not just about the money/paying him what he wants. He’s 25, in his prime and deserves to give it a crack at top level if a massive bid comes in. Same with Vik
I think we'll probably look more next year at playing through the midfield if COH signs a new contract. You need a strong CF if you play one up top and we'll struggle to find someone as good as Gyok, but at the same time if we can find someone how maybe is a better link up player, rather than head down and run as Gyok can be a times it could work, along with a second option who is more of a goalscorer.

I've accepted Gyok will be off, but I'd really love it if we could convince Hamer to re-sign. Him, Sheaf, COH and Palmer backed up by Eccles and Allen would be a very exciting midfield and allow us to concentrate on signing some CB's. But I think it's very unlikely.

SkyBlueSoul

I feel at peace with it atm. Not sure I'll ever be able to watch the highlights but it's all been so surreal for the last 2 weeks that I'm just kind of drawing an emotional blank. I'll probably watch the PL games later then have a break from football for a while while I process it. Can't think about next season yet.

I also slept like a baby last night like I thought I would. Solid 10 hours now I don't have the nerves/tension/anxiety of the build up.

coop

Gutted more than yesterday going out for a few this afternoon where I know a Leeds fan who was born in Coventry will try and wind me(need to keep my head as can't get barred from my local) but hopefully they go down.

the rumpo kid

Just watched the highlights again , doesn't get better, we really didn't get going and Luton were better than us yesterday for the most part. City forever. PUSB.

Flying Fokker

I feel at peace with it atm. Not sure I'll ever be able to watch the highlights but it's all been so surreal for the last 2 weeks that I'm just kind of drawing an emotional blank. I'll probably watch the PL games later then have a break from football for a while while I process it. Can't think about next season yet.

I also slept like a baby last night like I thought I would. Solid 10 hours now I don't have the nerves/tension/anxiety of the build up.
Absolutely im the same. Except I’m looking forward to it.

Garlana86

I'm similar, I want to avoid any highlights and not talk too much about it. I'm exhausted with football now.

It would be nice just once though to support a team where we come out on top for penalties. England +Coventry fan makes penalties a nightmare scenario. I had to ask Luton fans yesterday how it felt to win a shoot out, must have been surreal.

Users who are viewing this thread