The official NFL Thread (12 Viewers)

OffenhamSkyBlue

SF should have made that TD opportunity count in OT which ended in the field goal. But that extra point charge down for their TD in the 3rd really decided it. I thought overall that Purdy had a more solid game than Mahomes, besides a couple of incomplete passes into the end zone, but he doesn't have the rushing side to his game. Purdy, McCaffrey and Jennings are a great unit and i love watching them.

wingy

SF should have made that TD opportunity count in OT which ended in the field goal. But that extra point charge down for their TD in the 3rd really decided it. I thought overall that Purdy had a more solid game than Mahomes, besides a couple of incomplete passes into the end zone, but he doesn't have the rushing side to his game. Purdy, McCaffrey and Jennings are a great unit and i love watching them.
Why the need to spell out FG in full? 🤔😅

CCFCSteve

Yup, same.

What I have tended to do is to record games and then just fast forward through all the nonsense.

Makes it so much more enjoyable.

Either that, or pause the game and then you can be about 45 mins behind and fast forward through all the ads and showbiz stuff and just watch the game.

I love the sport. Can't be doing with the razzamataz.

That’s exactly what I do. Avoid the score and watch ‘live’ fast forwarding through the breaks, brings it down to a 1.5 hour watch

Fair play to Mahomes and chiefs. Great defensive game all round and then a very exciting 4th quarter onwards. You do wonder if that extra point miss cost 49ers but Mahomes is magic so probably would’ve done what was needed either way.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
N
NFL already posted a Swift Superbowl highlights video. Seemed like even before they panned to the coaches winning reaction they'd gone to hers within seconds of the TD being scored. It's ridiculous.
Its brand marketing to an even bigger global audience - she is platinum to the NFL right now coupled to her global tour this year, they will be sponsoring and paying for the wedding at this rate.

Mahomes proved why they broke the bank for him when it mattered, the others can do a job but he delivers the big moves when needed

OffenhamSkyBlue

That’s exactly what I do. Avoid the score and watch ‘live’ fast forwarding through the breaks, brings it down to a 1.5 hour watch

Fair play to Mahomes and chiefs. Great defensive game all round and then a very exciting 4th quarter onwards. You do wonder if that extra point miss cost 49ers but Mahomes is magic so probably would’ve done what was needed either way.
Do you not agree he was poor in the first half? Does he just keep something in his back pocket for the final drive?? They would have lost that game if their last FG attempt hadn't been good.

CCFCSteve

Do you not agree he was poor in the first half? Does he just keep something in his back pocket for the final drive?? They would have lost that game if their last FG attempt hadn't been good.

Didn’t have a great half and awful interception but 49ers defence was very good. Came alive in second half. Couple of great runs and shifted momentum. Just felt never in doubt when he had the ball late on. He’s a genius

CCFCSteve

A great quarterback was the difference. In the end Purdy wasn't that guy. I don't think he ever will be.

To be fair to Purdy I thought he did pretty well. As the commentators said I’m surprised 49ers didn’t run as much as expected start of second half, when they went back to it they started causing problems. Chiefs defence has been immense all season* so got to be taken into consideration when looking at Purdys performance

*kept Ravens and Jackson to 10 points at home in the championship game !!

tisza

To be fair to Purdy I thought he did pretty well. As the commentators said I’m surprised 49ers didn’t run as much as expected start of second half, when they went back to it they started causing problems. Chiefs defence has been immense all season* so got to be taken into consideration when looking at Purdys performance

*kept Ravens and Jackson to 10 points at home in the championship game !!
thought Chris Jones and Bolton were exceptional - particularly against the run. Probably MCCaffrey's lowest yards per carry of the season except maybe against the Cowboys defense. Thought the corners - McDuffie, Sneed & Conner did an exceptional job in coverage especially on Samuel. Purdy's protection was also really good and to hold coverage that long on the wide receivers was a great job.

tisza

That 49ers defense is really good. Kelce was nullified for 3 quarters having to act as a blocker (rather than receiver) against the strong pass rush. Plus Rice aside Chiefs really didn't have good receivers this season for Mahomes to work with - his passing TDs to wide receivers well down this season. They'll surely use a high pick on a speedster in the draft.
Mahomes was also making crucial 3rd downs - passing and scrambling - that kept Chiefs drives going to even stay in touch going into the latter stages.

SBT

N
NFL already posted a Swift Superbowl highlights video. Seemed like even before they panned to the coaches winning reaction they'd gone to hers within seconds of the TD being scored. It's ridiculous.
She was the sole reason a lot of people were watching the game tbh

OffenhamSkyBlue

112 million last year, estimated 115m this. Part Swift, part 49ers having a much bigger fanbase than the Eagles.
"No-one likes us, no-one likes us,
no-one likes us. We don't care!
We are Eagles, Super Eagles,
We are Eagles from the Linc"

OK, it doesn't quite rhyme, but you get the gist!
Philly is more than twice the size of SF - suspect there are a lot of glory-hunters from the Montana era out there, if your assertion about the fanbase is correct!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

KC were always favourites for me just because they have more experience in the SB.

Didn't play well for almost 3 quarters but SF didn't take enough of an advantage of it. Felt they need a 14 to 17 point advantage going into the final quarter to see the game out. Purdy had a solid game and didn't seem nervous until the start of the OT drive but just couldn't quite do enough to get the vital scores.

As with OT. Got so close to the TD but couldn't convert from close in and having to settle for the FG I just felt Mahomes would get a TD. Only thing I got wrong was thinking it'd be Kelce getting it and the inevitable Taylor Swift wankathon after.

Otis

KC were always favourites for me just because they have more experience in the SB.

Didn't play well for almost 3 quarters but SF didn't take enough of an advantage of it. Felt they need a 14 to 17 point advantage going into the final quarter to see the game out. Purdy had a solid game and didn't seem nervous until the start of the OT drive but just couldn't quite do enough to get the vital scores.

As with OT. Got so close to the TD but couldn't convert from close in and having to settle for the FG I just felt Mahomes would get a TD. Only thing I got wrong was thinking it'd be Kelce getting it and the inevitable Taylor Swift wankathon after.
I think an awful lot of people would pay good money to see a Taylor Swift wankathon to be honest.

tisza

Once Chiefs got to grips with McCaffrey running game thought 49ers would struggle to put enough points on the board.
Kinda of reminded me of the Pats-Rams Superbowl. Once Pats took away the run Goff wasn't quite good enough to lead the offense. An okay qb (then) in a really strong team not able to get past an elite QB who had limited offensive weapons. Another defense-led Superbowl.

alexccfc99

I never really had much interest in it but I actually really enjoyed watching it the other night

Going to give it a go from the off next season and try to follow it a bit better

Darth Robins

I never really had much interest in it but I actually really enjoyed watching it the other night

Going to give it a go from the off next season and try to follow it a bit better

During the regular season, I highly recommend Redzone on Sky Sports Mix, think Soccer Saturday with no ads, and they can actually show you every game live. I really wish we could get a version of that for football one day.

CCFCSteve

During the regular season, I highly recommend Redzone on Sky Sports Mix, think Soccer Saturday with no ads, and they can actually show you every game live. I really wish we could get a version of that for football one day.

Love it.

Footballs probably too fast moving. Works perfectly in nfl though as it’s pretty stop start so allows them to jump around whenever it looks like there’s a chance of points being scored

alexccfc99

Cheers

No idea which side to follow - I love the Cheifs coach as he is just the most American looking fella ever, but I refuse to jump on the bandwagon of the best side so I might just draw one out of a hat

CCFCSteve

Cheers

No idea which side to follow - I love the Cheifs coach as he is just the most American looking fella ever, but I refuse to jump on the bandwagon of the best side so I might just draw one out of a hat

Might be worth watching some of the hard knocks shows. You might end up liking some of the players, coaches etc of a team. Ive got a soft spot for Lions after watching them even though I follow saints (for my sins)

Otis

Love it.

Footballs probably too fast moving. Works perfectly in nfl though as it’s pretty stop start so allows them to jump around whenever it looks like there’s a chance of points being scored
It's a great show and the host is brilliant for keeping it altogether so well.

warwickskyblue

Amazon tried a similar thing for the PL this year or last I can’t remember which. Either way it didn’t work out very well as football is too fast and unless it’s a set piece it just doesn’t work in the way redzone does. Although I still get very confused by the octobox!

rob9872

Just catching up on this thread. I've watched probably 30 superbowls and supported Miami since the mid 80s, I think some of you are genuinely missing out. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan and I didn't know a single Usher song or who was with him, but embrace it all. From the coin toss, the anthem, everything. In fact I'm jealous of what our now diluted FA Cup Final could have been. Love the whole spectacle, nobody does it like the USA and only wish I could afford to go to one.

tisza

Just catching up on this thread. I've watched probably 30 superbowls and supported Miami since the mid 80s, I think some of you are genuinely missing out. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan and I didn't know a single Usher song or who was with him, but embrace it all. From the coin toss, the anthem, everything. In fact I'm jealous of what our now diluted FA Cup Final could have been. Love the whole spectacle, nobody does it like the USA and only wish I could afford to go to one.
Seen everyone since 1987. They do know how to put on a spectacle. FA cup comparison is a sad one. Clubs have devalued it and TV lost interest. Used to be an all day show on the TV when I was a kid. It was a massive day particularly as there was so little other live football on the telly.

Users who are viewing this thread