The official NFL Thread (7 Viewers)

Otis

here come the ravens our bogie team they will prob smash us on Thursday night football, im glad that smokey joe dick cutler got injured, soon as matt moore came on starts driving play down field long balls and gets us the win! How he will far agaisnt the ravens god knows hoping for a win but they always beat us when we are on a run of winning games, in saying that if the charges beat the pats and we win well be winning the division!
Well you have it your best shot in a closely fought match up.

Bring back Cutler?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
by 20 points even after alosno had that dirty hit on flacco, i was thinking lets turn this around stop their momentum , if their back up qb hits this td for me its over and he did i just gave up then thats our season finished for me anyways, gase needs to go out get a a rookie qb badly look at wentz and geoff, weve got the weapons. also ajyie just isnt hitting his form this season o line arent opening channels for him or his making wrong runs so frustrating

CCFC88

Collins had a nice game for Baltimore, reminded me of Lynch a bit last night, the amount of yards after contact he got!

Liquid Gold

I've just noticed StubHub is really good value for NFL tickets. Vikings browns is currently £30 on there. I was watching for Rams Cards last week and on Saturday they go down to £15. Keep an eye out if any of you are interested in taking in a game.

Otis

Out of interest where do you stand on the Redskins' name issue?
Haven't delved into it too much. I would assume that native Indians have been approached to see if they find it offensive or not.

I remember there being a bit of a fuss about 3 years ago, but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet since.

If it offends too many people then would be all for changing it.

Otis

Just had a quick browse and I see a study was carried out in 2004 in which it was revealed that the majority of native Indians approved of the name. However it is suggested the study was flawed.

Seems that a lot of bodies oppose it. If so, I would change it. There are the Altanta Braves, so something along those lines might be the way to go.

I am quite flexible. Same with the City. I wouldn't be too disheartened with a name change to say the likes of Coventry Godiva. The Coventry bit is the important bit.

Liquid Gold

Haven't delved into it too much. I would assume that native Indians have been approached to see if they find it offensive or not.

I remember there being a bit of a fuss about 3 years ago, but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet since.

If it offends too many people then would be all for changing it.
I think many do find it offensive but it went to court and they ruled it was protected by the first amendment.

Liquid Gold

Just had a quick browse and I see a study was carried out in 2004 in which it was revealed that the majority of native Indians approved of the name. However it is suggested the study was flawed.

Seems that a lot of bodies oppose it. If so, I would change it. There are the Altanta Braves, so something along those lines might be the way to go.

I am quite flexible. Same with the City. I wouldn't be too disheartened with a name change to say the likes of Coventry Godiva. The Coventry bit is the important bit.
Something that has been suggested to me that I wouldn't mind is changing it to whatever actual Indian tribe was based in the region pre-Columbus, then you could keep the logo and general branding pretty similar. I would hate to lose the logo, I think it looks great and, to me, seems really American.

Otis

Okay, so Skins up 13-7 at the moment, but still worried about the amount of yards per carry for Elliot. Got to be around 4.5 to 5.

Liquid Gold

Cowboys seem to be able to cut through the defense whenever they want. Need to be getting TDs not settling for FGs.

Otis

And that was a disastrous turn of events. Should have been 16-7 up, but a blocked field goal and and we are behind 14-13.

Ten point swing. Awful.

Liquid Gold

And that was a disastrous turn of events. Should have been 16-7 up, but a blocked field goal and and we are behind 14-13.

Ten point swing. Awful.
It should have been 20-7 but we have a QB that can't do it when it matters. Yes the play from the kick was awful but we shouldn't have had to punt from there any way.

Otis

It should have been 20-7 but we have a QB that can't do it when it matters. Yes the play from the kick was awful but we shouldn't have had to punt from there any way.
I can smell another defeat in the air. Already a bit beat up, we now have Kerrigan and Reed struggling, two of our top players.

Still stuttering in the redzone, still not got a good running game and still giving up too many yards on the defence.

All points to a half baked season and no play off.

The owner also may start to look at coach Gruden. Still has a losing record as coach.

Liquid Gold

I can smell another defeat in the air. Already a bit beat up, we now have Kerrigan and Reed struggling, two of our top players.

Still stuttering in the redzone, still not got a good running game and still giving up too many yards on the defence.

All points to a half baked season and no play off.

The owner also may start to look at coach Gruden. Still has a losing record as coach.
I think eventually we're going to regret letting McVey go to the Rams

Otis

Poor play by Cousins for that turnover. Get rid of it quick or take the knee.They showed all out blitz all day long there.

Otis

With the yardage Elliot is getting I would be going for 4th and short every time if I was Dallas.

Otis

Somehow I don't think Dallas need a helping hand. Back to back turnovers. Awful. :(

Game over if they get a touchdown here.

Otis

Lucky to avoid 7 points there. Simply cannot have a three and out here. Need points on the board. All the momentum is with the Cowboys.

Liquid Gold

Why run on 2nd and 9. why throw long at 3rd and 7. Its like the plays are being called by somebody who's never seen a game before.

Otis

Why run on 2nd and 9. why throw long at 3rd and 7. Its like the plays are being called by somebody who's never seen a game before.
Yep. We are calling such run plays when we have no running game.

And there goes Elliot again.

Otis

And there you go. Elliot getting 5 yards per carry.

They are going to score here. They are cutting us into ribbons.

Liquid Gold

If we don’t get a touchdown on this drive then we’re definitely done. If we go 3 and out or turn the football over then I’m turning off.

Otis

Only hopes now for the Redskins is a special teams play or a turnover that results in points for us.

We look a broken unit.

Otis

If we don’t get a touchdown on this drive then we’re definitely done. If we go 3 and out or turn the football over then I’m turning off.
Same here.

Very much looking like a 3 and out is on the cards.

When you have no running game the opposition can blitz you all night long.

I would get rid of Kelley, possible Cousins too. We have some good weapons on the offence with Reed and Thompson, but absolutely no running game.

Users who are viewing this thread