The official NFL Thread (11 Viewers)

Otis

Yeah, same here. Watched it and was punching the air when they won and I'm not even a fan.

It's like a distant aunt who you have never met, who has been terminally ill for ages is suddenly feeling better.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

I don't even like them. I hate the colour scheme, stupid name, the logo being just a helmet meaning the helmet is boring. Nothing about them is attractive but I've been willing them on to get that win and they've been so close in week 1 and 2. For their sake I hope they can push on because the league as a whole is a lot worse off with teams performing like they have been.

Mayfield looks good though, gun arm. On the highlights you could see him zipping passes into tight coverage.

Taylor traded to the Jaguars before the trade deadline, you heard it here first.

Otis

Yep, he doesn't half put some sting in those passes does that Mayfield.

I was impressed with him.

Can never get my head round the Jags sticking with Bortles. They have a great team and just an okay quarterback.

CCFC88

Backed the Browns to win the division at 11/1, they could easily be 3-0 now, their defence is strong, young and improving, if they stick with Baker they'll have a good chance as long as the Steelers continue to argue amongst themselves

ajsccfc

I fancied the Chiefs to go all the way two or three years ago, but this start they're making, this could be their year.

Liquid Gold

I fancied the Chiefs to go all the way two or three years ago, but this start they're making, this could be their year.
They look frightening. My only worry would be them burning out before the end of the season with it being such a young team.

Liquid Gold

Matthews needs to learn the rule. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter, they're calling it consistently and its his own fault.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Otis

Actually just read the NFL new rule and I take that back, it was not harsh. Clearly states there that you cannot land on the passer and Matthews clearly did.

He needs to learn the new rule sharpish, or he's going to keep getting pulled up on it every single week.

Otis

The silence from a certain someone is deafening
I have no idea who you mean. ;)

I did actually fancy our chances in the end. Can't remember which site it was I was looking at, but there was an excellent pre-game analysis on there and it ended up being stunningly accurate in the end.

It said Washington had a good chance because the previous week the Colts tightly man marked the Redskins receivers and that resulted in no joy for Smith, but that for this game the Packers definitely wouldn't play in the same vein and would be blitzing constantly and that would leave gaps for Smith's arm to exploit.

They also said Peterson would probably get a bit more joy and Washington would have a better run game and then also said the Skins would need 30 points to beat the Pack.

:)

CCFC88

I think it was pretty much a toss up going into it, getting off to such a good start was imperative, had to get the offence rolling early doors as it just didn't start last week and ended up being frustrated. Smith is a high tempo QB that is at his best when the chains are moving which is why our run game is so imperative, it never got going last week and therefore neither did Smith.

Colts defeat doesn't look too bad now either after the performance they just put in v Philly, they are not the soft touch they have been in previous years. Peterson has been a thorn in the Packers side for many a year, good to see he's continuing that form in DC.

Said Id be happy with 2-2 through 4, Colts defeat is frustrating as it could have easily been so much better. Essentially a free hit @ a good Saints side in a couple of weeks, AP will be out to prove a point to his former employers, big test for the defence that I think they will be relishing after keeping Rodgers relatively quiet this week, although they face an arguably tougher task in Brees next up.

Last edited:

Otis

Yeah, the Colts have impressed me so far.

It was a bit of a crazy weekend in some ways though. The Browns winning ,and the Jags losing and not even achieving a TD and the Bills totally destroying Minnesota.

Don't think anyone predicted Miami at 3 and 0 either.

I was worried about the Pats and still am. They just don't look the force they once were. Maybe Gordon will make the difference. Tough start though and as I saw, they just seem to lack the quality this year.

CCFC88

Nice to have the number 1 defence. Allen and Payne really making the difference on the line. Just not giving the space to runners we did last year.
Bodes well for the divisional games, keeping a lid on Barkley and Zeke and forcing Eli and Dak to go to the air is a recipe for success. If we can win 4 of our 6 divisional games we'll be there or thereabouts come December.

Otis

Nice to have the number 1 defence. Allen and Payne really making the difference on the line. Just not giving the space to runners we did last year.
Long may it continue and of course we have to face Barkley and Elliot twice each yet.

The Eagles not quite looking the force they were last season, so maybe the Skins have a chance after all.

We were still very bad last week though.

Liquid Gold

Shame the bye is next week, feels pointless having it so early in the season. Really looking forward to seeing how we do in the super dome compared to last year.

Otis

Shame the bye is next week, feels pointless having it so early in the season. Really looking forward to seeing how we do in the super dome compared to last year.
Brees on fire is pretty much unstoppable and it's just a case of trying to outscore him.

Last edited:

tisza

Vikings fans really not happy with Cousins online.
rightly so. Vikings almost seemed to think they just had to turn up.
Cousins sloppy start combined with some over-confident defence handed 1st quarter and then the match to a way over-achieving Bills side.
don't fancy our chances against the Rams at all.

Users who are viewing this thread