The official NFL Thread (8 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

rightly so. Vikings almost seemed to think they just had to turn up.
Cousins sloppy start combined with some over-confident defence handed 1st quarter and then the match to a way over-achieving Bills side.
don't fancy our chances against the Rams at all.
That’s exactly the sort of game Cousins randomly turns up to and wins though. His problem in Washington was inconsistency. Stinker one week and world beater the next. I’m happy saving the £11m in cap space and having Smith who has a lower upside but much higher downside.

tisza

That’s exactly the sort of game Cousins randomly turns up to and wins though. His problem in Washington was inconsistency. Stinker one week and world beater the next. I’m happy saving the £11m in cap space and having Smith who has a lower upside but much higher downside.
unless the left handside of the O line doesn't improve Cousins is going to find himself in a similar pressure situation against a much defence than the Bills have

Liquid Gold

unless the left handside of the O line doesn't improve Cousins is going to find himself in a similar pressure situation against a much defence than the Bills have
How has it changed so much from last year where you made the championship game with a qb considered worse.

tisza

How has it changed so much from last year where you made the championship game with a qb considered worse.
Difference was Keenum was exceptional at avoiding pressure and moving out of the pocket. He avoided sacks rather than the O line giving him better protection. Also Pat Shurmur looks to be a big loss
Stupid penalties particularly on special teams continually gave Cousins poor field position which didn't help.
Going 17-0 down so quickly never gave him the chance to get the run game going and Bills defence didn't pressure Cousins 2nd half. Sat back and protected lead by sitting deep and only allowing him simple short yardage passes.

Liquid Gold

Difference was Keenum was exceptional at avoiding pressure and moving out of the pocket. He avoided sacks rather than the O line giving him better protection. Also Pat Shurmur looks to be a big loss
Stupid penalties particularly on special teams continually gave Cousins poor field position which didn't help.
Going 17-0 down so quickly never gave him the chance to get the run game going and Bills defence didn't pressure Cousins 2nd half. Sat back and protected lead by sitting deep and only allowing him simple short yardage passes.
You'd think your front office would have seen that Cousins' movement isn't great. He puts up good yardage but doesn't play well under pressure, isn't a clutch player and holds onto the ball for too long.

tisza

You'd think your front office would have seen that Cousins' movement isn't great. He puts up good yardage but doesn't play well under pressure, isn't a clutch player and holds onto the ball for too long.
wasn't a fan of such a big contract. better use of funds in strengthening line and extend Keenum.
Win now mentality going to hurt over next 2 seasons as defence gets broken up with so many big names coming out of contract and not having the cap space to extend them.

skybluebeast

Actually just read the NFL new rule and I take that back, it was not harsh. Clearly states there that you cannot land on the passer and Matthews clearly did.

He needs to learn the new rule sharpish, or he's going to keep getting pulled up on it every single week.
The thing is that the rule is not being enforced across the board. Matthews will be harshly treated throughout the rest of the year because he has been picked up already. Point of fact AJ Kliene sacked and landed on Matt Ryan in the 4th quarter yesterday just the same as Matthews - no flag. In fact I bet you there were a number of exactly the same hits yesterday that weren’t flagged.
For Matthews to learn all he needs to do is go ask his own qb, the reason the rule came in was because Rodgers bitched and moaned about how much he got hurt. Mr ‘GOAT’.... Montana et el never got the protection these qbs get nowadays.

Liquid Gold

1-2-1 for the Vikings. I'd be pissed off if I was a fan. Been following them on the sly hope Cousins performs poorly and it seems like he's doing exactly what he did in Washington (putting up good stats but not winning games). NFC North looks tight this year, GB and Minnesota have regressed while Chicago have improved, Lions I don't rate but they could be 2nd on Sunday.

Otis

Goff was immense last night. Threw 5 TD's.

Cousins played well to be fair to him, though held on to the ball a little too long, fumbled and caused a turnover.

CJ_covblaze

Not NFL but Trevor Lawrence has gone off injured. Been in Cuba for two weeks and he’s all ESPN has been taking about. Would love to see Kelly Bryant’s face atm!

On that subject I can see the redshirt rule changing.

Otis

Shows how much I know about college football.

I had to Google Trevor Lawrence.

Then had to Google Kelly Bryant.

And then had to Google 'redshirt'.

tisza

Shows how much I know about college football.

I had to Google Trevor Lawrence.

Then had to Google Kelly Bryant.

And then had to Google 'redshirt'.
Should watch some. Top college sides are very good indeed. Last years playoffs and championship game were top quality and well worth watching

Otis

Should watch some. Top college sides are very good indeed. Last years playoffs and championship game were top quality and well worth watching
Yeah, I'm sure it is, but feel if I got into it, it would take up far too much of my time.

Already watching 5 NFL games a week.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And they only lost by one score, such a Cousins thing. He is an above average QB but he never drives a team to wins in the way the best do.

I think Cousins is over-rated. Half decent, but nowhere near as good as made out - too many errors and tends to choke under pressure. Remember when he had to spike a ball and kneed it instead and time ran out?

skybluebeast

Well dang there goes my ATL Falcons season. Suppose that’s what happens when you lose 3 all pros off the defence. We need to trade Devonta Freeman to the Seahawks for Earl Thomas to give us a glimmer of hope. Although I can’t see us coming back from 1-4 after we lose to the Steelers next week.
It is such a shame that a team with as much talent as we have (certainly on Offence) never will get back to the big dance to right the wrongs of couple of years ago.

Otis

Yeah, probably the best time to trade Thomas right now. Perfect timing and they may well go for it.

Liquid Gold

All of him or just his leg?
Just saw that, surprised the hawks are 2-2 as it feels they've had a disaster start.

Could do with him helping us out next week v Philly
Will be interesting how the Eagles pick themselves up from a L in Tennessee. We need to start doing our own work though by winning in NO. Just dont know what team is going to turn up yet though. Luckily it seems the rest of the division is just as bad.

ajsccfc

Magic finish over the Cardinals last night with the last second FG.

Thomas was bitter about either not being given the contract he deserves or not being traded so this is the worst way for it all to end.

skybluebeast

Bollocks to the suggestion, or just his bollocks?
Bollocks to the fact a player who was tradeable to fix the Falcons D has suffered a season ending injury without even wearing a dirty bird jersey.... rotten luck this year!

Although you do bring up an interesting juncture - could we use his bollocks to create a clone that could slide straight into a starting position? I will ring Mr. Blank now and float the idea, not like that man hasn’t got the money.

Otis

Great game last night and that Patrick Mahomes is something else.

For anyone who didn't see it, he took a snap, was chased down by the defence and pushed out wide left to the sidelines with seemingly nowhere to go and simply switched the ball from his right hand to his left hand and threw it with his left and got the first down.

Incredible. Very impressive.

skybluebeast

For anyone who didn't see it, he took a snap, was chased down by the defence and pushed out wide left to the sidelines with seemingly nowhere to go and simply switched the ball from his right hand to his left hand and threw it with his left and got the first down.

The kid looks legit. Them Chiefs look a dangerous propersition for any team right now.

Liquid Gold

whitewash for GB. loving defence right now
giphy.gif

ajsccfc

Not that I'm pessimistic of playing the Rams later, but I hear the Clink staff are loading up on police tape for what may resemble a crime scene.

Users who are viewing this thread