The official NFL Thread (9 Viewers)

Otis

Still not sure on our offence, In every game that we have won we have gotten out to a 2 possession advantage and when your have a defence that is performing as well as ours is the second halves become more about game management.

Yes it'd be good to see Smith launching bombs and running up huge scores but you have to understand your strengths and weaknesses, currently our defence and our run game has been our main strength whilst we don't appear to have a true deep threat that Smith/Gruden trust. In my opinion we really miss DeSean Jackson.

When our defence does have an off day we are going to struggle to go toe to toe with the top offences in the league, fortunately our schedule is looking easier by the week, Im feeling more confident about games against the Jags and titans as I think we our defence can hold their offences, Falcons will be an interesting test as they have been in a few shootouts this season so the offencewill have to make some plays to outscore them.
Yeah. Not sure Doctson is that great. Think they had high hopes for him, but he just isn't putting the numbers up.

Our two biggest threats are Reed and Thompson. Says a lot.

Do like Crowder too though.

CCFC88

Yeah. Not sure Doctson is that great. Think they had high hopes for him, but he just isn't putting the numbers up.

Our two biggest threats are Reed and Thompson. Says a lot.

Do like Crowder too though.
I think Richardson can be that deep threat if given the chance (and staying healthy), he did it at Seattle to an extent and has done it on a couple of occasions this season. Reed Thompson and AP are all strong offensive players, but they aren't going to break off many plays over 25 yards between them.

Having said that, the slow methodical drives have been working, we've controlled them games from the outset that we have won, just feel we are one high quality WR moving from a top 16 team to a top 8 team.

Otis

I think Richardson can be that deep threat if given the chance (and staying healthy), he did it at Seattle to an extent and has done it on a couple of occasions this season. Reed Thompson and AP are all strong offensive players, but they aren't going to break off many plays over 25 yards between them.

Having said that, the slow methodical drives have been working, we've controlled them games from the outset that we have won, just feel we are one high quality WR moving from a top 16 team to a top 8 team.
Agree.

Do you think we could swap Maurice Harris for DeAndre Hopkins?

tisza

Our drives being slow helps our defence too as they get time to gas up and come back on the pitch fresh.
certainly something that helped us last year. Even with a limited running game due to injuries Keenum was exceptional at moving the ball down the field slowly - helped by very good receivers.

Liquid Gold

I've had a long day at work and am sleep deprived so this may be nonsense but is there any reason the Jags haven't been in for Derek Carr?

Otis

I've had a long day at work and am sleep deprived so this may be nonsense but is there any reason the Jags haven't been in for Derek Carr?
Because he's a Bible bashing Christian perhaps?

They were saying on Sky the other night that he's all round the locker room all day long, constantly trying to convert people.

Liquid Gold

Because he's a Bible bashing Christian perhaps?

They were saying on Sky the other night that he's all round the locker room all day long, constantly trying to convert people.
They’re all mad Christians though aren’t they. Didn’t Cousins train as a priest.

I just think with fournette our they really need a playmaker, hoe long can the defence carry them, Calais Campbell isn’t going to be around forever.

Otis

They’re all mad Christians though aren’t they. Didn’t Cousins train as a priest.

I just think with fournette our they really need a playmaker, hoe long can the defence carry them, Calais Campbell isn’t going to be around forever.
Not convinced Cousins trained as a priest. Not many Hail Mary's for the Skins were there!

tisza

4 Jags arrested for leaving a London nightclub without paying.

They ran up a £50,000 bill apparently! Wow!

Jacksonville Jaguars: Four players arrested at London nightclub for 'unpaid bar bill' - Jacksonville Jaguars: Four players arrested at London nightclub for 'unpaid bar bill'
not surprised if it's defensive players. Talk is a lot of big egos in the defense who are very disruptive - a few big-time Charlies who think they can do what they want.. Focus on Bortles but defense is way down on what it what was last season.

tisza

yep looks like it was 4 defensive players - all from the secondary. Church, Harrison, Wilson and Hayden.
Seriously what sort of idiots run a bar bill of 50 grand? What sort of idiots are out drinking like that just before a big game?

Probably worth putting a few extra quid on the Eagles!!

Otis

yep looks like it was 4 defensive players - all from the secondary. Church, Harrison, Wilson and Hayden.
Seriously what sort of idiots run a bar bill of 50 grand? What sort of idiots are out drinking like that just before a big game?
American idiots?

ajsccfc

Got Panthers, Bengals, Redskins and Steelers today, all the 5pm games. Going for two in two weeks, don't let me down beefcakes

Liquid Gold

It's too conservative isn't it and not at all explosive.
Defence is insane though. AP looks good for another year and Guice coming back so if we get in some talent on the outside we could have a good year next time round. Feels weird looking at next year when we're 5-2 and topping the division in week 8 though.

Otis

Defence is insane though. AP looks good for another year and Guice coming back so if we get in some talent on the outside we could have a good year next time round. Feels weird looking at next year when we're 5-2 and topping the division in week 8 though.
First time at 5-2 since 2008.

Hoping Guice is going to be a star for us next year.

ccfcrob

not surprised if it's defensive players. Talk is a lot of big egos in the defense who are very disruptive - a few big-time Charlies who think they can do what they want.. Focus on Bortles but defense is way down on what it what was last season.
Dropped too many balls again yesterday, Blake throwing to noone to often. Something is going on behind the scenes there.
They can allcome out and support Bortles and display a united front but something is missing from last year.
Could see us going to get Nick Foles even though he doesnt fit into our system. As i have said before the only true fit would be Kaepernick, but thats just not going to happen.

Otis

You not got an up and coming rookie on your books?

No chance of a trade before the end of the trade deal deadline tomorrow?

ccfcrob

You not got an up and coming rookie on your books?

No chance of a trade before the end of the trade deal deadline tomorrow?
Think we need a name tbh to lead the team rather then a rookie.
I trust Coughlin (Obviously) but we are stuck in no mans land atm. Should have gone for a QB in the off season. Stuck with Bortles and think we will stay with him until the end of the season. We have left it too late.

Otis

Think we need a name tbh to lead the team rather then a rookie.
I trust Coughlin (Obviously) but we are stuck in no mans land atm. Should have gone for a QB in the off season. Stuck with Bortles and think we will stay with him until the end of the season. We have left it too late.
I have never rated Bottles that highly. Even when he was playing well.

Shame, because they should have all the makings of a Superbowl team there.

Liquid Gold

Nobody rates Bortles, an NFL podcast had to create a different category of fail for him because he's so useless. I think they will let his contract run. No idea why they haven't traded though, there are plenty of decent QBs sitting as backups at the moment and they have $10m in cap space

CCFC88

Another solid win for the Redskins, defence is playing lights out at the moment, big big test for the secondary next week vs ATL (coming off a bye) but I feel like this is a bunch who will relish the challenge, almost a free hit next week, win and I think we'll take some catching, lose and it'll still be in our hands but will require a couple of divisional wins.

Quite happy with Smith at the moment, yes he's not exciting but he doesn't make the mistakes that Cousins made, he compliments the run game and looks after the ball. Only 2 interceptions so far this season meaning the defence gets plenty of rest.

City and the Redskins are making life great at the moment! Superbowl & L1 winner double is about 1500/1!

Otis

Another solid win for the Redskins, defence is playing lights out at the moment, big big test for the secondary next week vs ATL (coming off a bye) but I feel like this is a bunch who will relish the challenge, almost a free hit next week, win and I think we'll take some catching, lose and it'll still be in our hands but will require a couple of divisional wins.

Quite happy with Smith at the moment, yes he's not exciting but he doesn't make the mistakes that Cousins made, he compliments the run game and looks after the ball. Only 2 interceptions so far this season meaning the defence gets plenty of rest.

City and the Redskins are making life great at the moment! Superbowl & L1 winner double is about 1500/1!
Yup. Smith is a lot more solid and dependable for sure.

Think he shows more intelligence at times too.

Biggest gripe for me with Cousins was his lack of intelligence when been blitzed. Always hung on to the ball too long or lost a tonne of yardage in taking a sack.

Smith seems a lot more clever on his feet in the pocket.

tisza

Cousins gave the ball up leading to points against the Saints yesterday. He just puts up stats and not wins.
keeps throwing big yards but can't win games.
Keep Brees to 120 yds and the run to about 100yds and give up 30pts is criminal.

Liquid Gold

keeps throwing big yards but can't win games.
Keep Brees to 120 yds and the run to about 100yds and give up 30pts is criminal.
Used to frustrate the hell out of me picking the ball up on the 25, throwing it down to the 5 yard line then having to settle for a FG.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
,my dolphins started great but we all knew what was coming when we lost to the pats all downhill from there, that loss last thrusday to the texans was hard to take watson and hopkins killed us, we need a new coaching staff and qb badly.

Otis

,my dolphins started great but we all knew what was coming when we lost to the pats all downhill from there, that loss last thrusday to the texans was hard to take watson and hopkins killed us, we need a new coaching staff and qb badly.
You might be able to get hold of Blake Bottles shortly.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
You might be able to get hold of Blake Bottles shortly.

jags can keep him lol just as bad as tennahill, had to feel sorry for the bills last night loved their running game and them switching it up but they didnt have a chance against the patriots.

browns finally sacked hue and their offence coach wonder who will take the job their.

Liquid Gold

Washington trade 4th round pick for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Looks a great move to me. We’ve got some scary good defence in DC.

Users who are viewing this thread