The official NFL Thread (5 Viewers)

CCFC88

Drew Brees has never won an MVP amazingly, this looks like it could be his year. The only blemish on their record was a bit of a hammering v Tampa.

I think on their day the Rams and Saints can beat each other and it would make for an incredible NFC Champs game, the gulf between these two and the rest of the conference is huge.

CCFC88

Yeah, but it is still a worry. 25th in points scored and we gave up over 500 yards yesterday. Defence still did brilliantly in key plays though.

The offence has to do better. Really could do with Thompson and Crowder back.

It's great to see we are at 6 and 3, but you can't expect to keep winning games scoring so few points.

This point last year Kirk C had 9 turnovers, Alex Smith only has 4, that goes a long way to why we are 6-3 as opposed to the 4-5 we were last year. Teams have realised that AP is still a threat and are filling the box to stop our run game, this should create more opportunities for Smith but it just doesn't seem to be clicking through the air at the moment.

tisza

Drew Brees has never won an MVP amazingly, this looks like it could be his year. The only blemish on their record was a bit of a hammering v Tampa.

I think on their day the Rams and Saints can beat each other and it would make for an incredible NFC Champs game, the gulf between these two and the rest of the conference is huge.
Going to find out a lot more about the Saints with their run-in - panthers twice and the Steelers.

covcity4life

This point last year Kirk C had 9 turnovers, Alex Smith only has 4, that goes a long way to why we are 6-3 as opposed to the 4-5 we were last year. Teams have realised that AP is still a threat and are filling the box to stop our run game, this should create more opportunities for Smith but it just doesn't seem to be clicking through the air at the moment.
he is safe and steady, did a good job with chiefs but look at them wiithout him now, enjoying great success. so you should accept the positives with smith really, he prob never will click in air like you want him too.

and kirk cousins doing v well too ,riskier mentality is working for him currently

covcity4life

another close gutting loss for packers. so frustratung, better team than last year but worse record!

entering run the table territory now. playoffs look unlikely but hopefully can get close to 10-5-1

if can keep some of key players and change coach i would be optimistic for next year though

Liquid Gold

another close gutting loss for packers. so frustratung, better team than last year but worse record!

entering run the table territory now. playoffs look unlikely but hopefully can get close to 10-5-1

if can keep some of key players and change coach i would be optimistic for next year though
You need a new coach who is prepared to risk Rodgers having a go with the ball and a new front office that will give him some options.

Otis

As I've said before before, I do think he WILL be the GOAT one day, but I don't think he's quite just there just yet.

skybluebeast

But surely to be truly considered the GOAT you need to be the leading figure of the position. To be considered the leading figure of the position you need to be on top of more of the stats than not? Rodgers is probably one of the most talented QB’s to have played however he is made off glass, has a tendency to make a ricket and can’t necessarily win games on his own.

Otis

But surely to be truly considered the GOAT you need to be the leading figure of the position. To be considered the leading figure of the position you need to be on top of more of the stats than not? Rodgers is probably one of the most talented QB’s to have played however he is made off glass, has a tendency to make a ricket and can’t necessarily win games on his own.
I admire his toughness, but there are times where he insists he plays when he clearly isn't fit enough to play.

Otis

I’m already getting worried that we’re running out of NFL. It’s such a long off season.
Yeah, hate that it's just 16 regular season games.

I wonder if they would ever consider a knockout cup competition to go alongside the Super Bowl journey.

I am guessing not.

Liquid Gold

Yeah, hate that it's just 16 regular season games.

I wonder if they would ever consider a knockout cup competition to go alongside the Super Bowl journey.

I am guessing not.
Hopefully they just add an extra division to each conference and they include a London, Canada and Mexico team.

Otis

Never hear about Canadian football. It is still going I take it?

Last time I recall, the rules continued to be slightly different.

tisza

Never hear about Canadian football. It is still going I take it?

Last time I recall, the rules continued to be slightly different.
Not a huge market or nfl would have put a team there already. 10 teams in cfl , average attendance around 25,000.
Main difference is 3 not 4 downs

tisza

You need a new coach who is prepared to risk Rodgers having a go with the ball and a new front office that will give him some options.
A team whose ownership structure has not made the most of the free agency system up until this season. Lost a lot of good players to it and not recruited well through it. Recent championship challengers have usually used free agency to to get them there maybe none better than the Pats until this last closed season.

Otis

Bad interception there for Washington.

101 yards for a Texan TD when it looked like we would at least be tying it up.

Users who are viewing this thread