The official NFL Thread (14 Viewers)

tisza

Sometimes you pick up a free agency signing that just changes a team. Zadarius Smith what a player

ccfcrob

Who is your team?
Jax, Been waiting since Byron Leftwich was QB for something to happen..... Still waiting. I really though that nearly moment the other year against the Pats in the conference final game was the start of something. But noooooooooooo

tisza

Jax, Been waiting since Byron Leftwich was QB for something to happen..... Still waiting. I really though that nearly moment the other year against the Pats in the conference final game was the start of something. But noooooooooooo
Really think they are close to turning it round. Improve Lawrence's protection and get a proper WR for him

ccfcrob

Really think they are close to turning it round. Improve Lawrence's protection and get a proper WR for him

Pretty much been on the wrong end of 1 score games all season so I would tend to agree with you. Etienne has basically carried us all season.
Reminds me of the old MJD days at RB

tisza

Time for a reality check.
There really are only 2 or 3 good teams atm and Jets just beat one of them.
Not sure I've seen so much bad football and coordinating for a long time.
Could be the season that actually breaks the qb gravy train as teams wake up and realize they need to spread the money. Someone's going to get their expensive qb hurt soon too because they've stripped their o lines.
And as ever the officiating is woefully inconsistent and often just really poor.

Last edited:

tisza

Seahawks on 6 wins. That's what I thought we might do over the course of the season.
Was going to post here last night Pete Carroll has to be early runner for coach of the year.

Maybe it was Wilson making Seahawks look bad ????

Skybluefaz

Was going to post here last night Pete Carroll has to be early runner for coach of the year.

Maybe it was Wilson making Seahawks look bad ????
He had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long looking for the deep ball too often. Cardinals have a similar issue with Murray I think now, although I think he's looking for big running plays rather than deep throws. The height of those 2 might come into play.
Pete does deserve all the credit for backing Geno. The rookies are all contributing too though. Including Cross and Lucas on the offensive line. Nwosu is providing a genuine pass rush threat for the first time in years too.

Last edited:

Darth Robins

I've got a sudden urge to bet the house on the Hawks. In my next life I hope I come back as someone who plays for Pete Carroll.

tisza

I've got a sudden urge to bet the house on the Hawks. In my next life I hope I come back as someone who plays for Pete Carroll.

I've got a feeling it could be one of those years where a 11-6, 12-5 "outsider" hits form in the playoffs and wins it all. Why not the Seahawks?

CCFCSteve

It was outrageous, especially keeping the ball from touching ground. Amazing end to the game. I’m no expert but still not sure why Buffalo tried the sneak as they could afford the safety at worst and Vikings wouldn’t have had the time to do much else

Skybluefaz

It was outrageous, especially keeping the ball from touching ground. Amazing end to the game. I’m no expert but still not sure why Buffalo tried the sneak as they could afford the safety at worst and Vikings wouldn’t have had the time to do much else
It's a new situation on me. I've just seen teams run it to make space for the punter from there. Although I guess with the time on the clock and the situation they must have thought the safest thing in terms of ball security must be to sneak it. Then it all went wrong.

CCFCSteve

It's a new situation on me. I've just seen teams run it to make space for the punter from there. Although I guess with the time on the clock and the situation they must have thought the safest thing in terms of ball security must be to sneak it. Then it all went wrong.

Yeah, always easier to say with hindsight but I was wondering what they were doing live. Analytics probably told them safest option just looked risky to me. Maybe that punter kicking it into his mates arse the other week put them off. Sure I saw Rams (I think) accept a safety a few weeks back in same position though to kill the game

Got to say again, Jefferson was unbelievable !

Otis

Wow! What a win for Washington. Almost perfect game, bar a couple of errors. Ran the game really well and managed the clock. Defence kept Hurts in check too.

Lovely stuff.

Liquid Gold

Turner finally switching up his game to match the opposition.

Needed to keep the ball out of Hurtz's hands as much as possible so kept ponding it, kept converting on 3rds and put those long drives together.

Then the key takeaways on defence.

Officials awful for both sides though, so many things questionable and when it's close I think you let them play.

Washington close to having a decent team, just a few key spots (linebacker, CBs, OL) need sorting. I guess that's why they're .500. I do hate how slow out of the blocks they are season wise with Rivera though.

CCFCSteve

Turner finally switching up his game to match the opposition.

Needed to keep the ball out of Hurtz's hands as much as possible so kept ponding it, kept converting on 3rds and put those long drives together.

Then the key takeaways on defence.

Officials awful for both sides though, so many things questionable and when it's close I think you let them play.

Washington close to having a decent team, just a few key spots (linebacker, CBs, OL) need sorting. I guess that's why they're .500. I do hate how slow out of the blocks they are season wise with Rivera though.

Is Wentz done there ?

CCFCSteve

Wow! What a win for Washington. Almost perfect game, bar a couple of errors. Ran the game really well and managed the clock. Defence kept Hurts in check too.

Lovely stuff.

Crazy season with most teams able to beat each other on their day. It’s like the championship !

Liquid Gold

Is Wentz done there ?
Hard to tell, I think Rivera wants to see what he has still.

I don't really know how much more Heinicke can do to claim the spot though.

Personally I think Wentz is better physically but no longer has 'it' whereas Taylor is 'it' all over with lots of physical limitations. It's a hard sell when Wentz's cap hit is $28m and Heinicke's $3m.

Otis

I would be glad to see the back of Wendz. Far too erratic and you don't know what you are going to get from one day to the next.

Liquid Gold

I would be glad to see the back of Wendz. Far too erratic and you don't know what you are going to get from one day to the next.
If it was me I'd keep Heinicke as the starter for a couple of years. Absolutely stock out the roster in every position then move up for a QB in the draft when everything is in place. Like the Chiefs eventually did with Mahomes.

Lots of good QBs are drafted by bad teams and don't succeed. I really think you need to make it as easy as possible for them to make a success of it.

Otis

If it was me I'd keep Heinicke as the starter for a couple of years. Absolutely stock out the roster in every position then move up for a QB in the draft when everything is in place. Like the Chiefs eventually did with Mahomes.

Lots of good QBs are drafted by bad teams and don't succeed. I really think you need to make it as easy as possible for them to make a success of it.
Is the your rookie QB supposed to be any good? Howell. I know nothing about him. One for the future maybe?

Liquid Gold

Oh, just found this. This is Rivera on Howell.

Key point in that is "Barring a major upset, Heinicke will be 2-2 in those four starts"

Heinicke was part of a major upset and now 3-1 with Wentz 2-4. Heinicke should be given the chance to face Houston and Atlanta imo and see if he can make himself 5-1 and the team 7-5.

Howell is a development piece, would be good to see him when we're out of the playoff picture but I wouldn't put any pressure on a 5th round rookie.

tisza

Probably most ridiculous Vikings game I've ever seen. Everything that could go wrong did in the first half. Keep winning in spite of the defence. How Donatell is still there I have no idea !! Officials garbage yet again

Users who are viewing this thread