The World Cup Thread (14 Viewers)

Gazolba

Waistcoat sales are already dropping. Some people are even returning the ones they bought.

Otis

Agree. A lot of average and below average performances. Lack of nous versus streetwise players. First 25mins great. Then Croatia bossed us. Defence comes away with some credit and the likes of Foden to come!
We gave up on the cavalier play we have shown at times and went back to the old conservative England.

The game was there for the taking and we blew it.

fernandopartridge

How many billions go into the PL every year compared with the Croat top flight? How can we be so technically inferior? I thought all these foreign imports had improved us greatly?

Ian1779

How many billions go into the PL every year compared with the Croat top flight? How can we be so technically inferior? I thought all these foreign imports had improved us greatly?

We missed a technically gifted midfielder - Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain,
Lallana.

In terms of tonight - Rashford for Sterling was a poor substitution.

Paul Anthony

Too many times we were in good positions only to then take the ball all the way backwards and pass back to Pickford.

It was like a throwback to 2 years ago at some points with the going backwards. Earlier games we didn't seem to do it so much, but it just wasted some good positions tonight. Frustrating.

Otis

Yes, the best since 1990...
But without pissing on any chips, we only came up against one half decent side, who a lot of pundits and ex England players were saying we not that good a side.

We were beaten embarrassingly easy in the end tonight.

Otis

Anyone else not going to bother watching the final on Sunday now?

Don't think I could stand all the diving and feigning injury and time wasting etc.

It's not sour grapes, I just don't think I could stomach it.

Gazolba

England vs Belgium for 3rd Place. I wonder if Southgate will try to win it, or just throw in the players who haven't played yet.
A pretty meaningless game really, who remembers who came third at the World Cup?

no_loyalty

Might as well send the kids over to play in Saturday's meaningless friendly

Otis

England vs Belgium for 3rd Place. I wonder if Southgate will try to win it, or just throw in the players who haven't played yet.
A pretty meaningless game really, who remembers who came third at the World Cup?
Be reserves. Almost certainly.

Pointless game.

Sky Blue Harry H

Italy beat us in1990 !! Suspect he'll have to utilise squad, as they'll be shattered. Laughably it'll be Belgium 2nd team v England 2nd team, round 2. Think we all know what'll happen!!

Grendel

But without pissing on any chips, we only came up against one half decent side, who a lot of pundits and ex England players were saying we not that good a side.

We were beaten embarrassingly easy in the end tonight.

We only came up against one decent side in 1990

Gazolba

Can't help but thinking the English players who look so good in the PL only look good because of all the top foreign players around them.
When they are surrounded by other English players, their weaknesses are exposed.

Sky_Blue_Daz

For sale one return flight to Russia , they were there for the beating in the first half.
If Kane had squared it to sterling in the first half ..

Sky Blue Harry H

Domestic violence up tonight and a busy a&e, although would have been worse had we lost on Sunday!

Grendel

Don't ask me to think that far back. I really can't remember who we played past Cameroon, Belgium and Germany.

It’s an idiotic thing to say anyway.

Which great teams did Spain and Germany play. We did better than them, Brazil, Argentina and Portugal. Italy and Netherlands didn’t even get there.

Captain Dart

Bollocks!

Users who are viewing this thread