Trippier 7
Henderson 6
Young 5
Alli 6
Lingard 6
Kane 6
Stirling 4
Subs. Rashford 4.Dier 5 Vardy 1
Apart from the first 15 mins we were shit. . Proud that we made it this far but wrong tactics for this game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Haven’t read any posts from tonight but my views not that they are worth much.

Fair result two shots on target in 120 from my memory.

Modric ran the show (hope he lets Henderson (who’s had a great comp til tonight) out his pocket).

Too naive from England, stood off them too much 2nd half, didn’t game manage kill the game when they had momentum.
Rashford was playing like he was blindfolded.
Alli and Lingard didn’t appear after half time.
Rose should have been on after their goal.
Kane I’m not sure how he missed at 1-0 he makes that 2 momentum all with England it’s game over!

Paul Anthony

Who has advised Ian Wright on his wardrobe? Surely he hasn't paid money for some of the shirts he's worn this world cup.

fernandopartridge

How many billions poured into the PL again next season?
Why are we calling defeat to a nation of 4m people an achievement?
When was the last time we produced a world class player?

Macca

How many billions poured into the PL again next season?
Why are we calling defeat to a nation of 4m people an achievement?
When was the last time we produced a world class player?

Yep cut through the hype and my view is that we have done "ok" in this World Cup, no more. I like the manager, nice bunch of lads but I'm not blown away

Macca

We only came up against one decent side in 1990

Not usual for me to disagree but I would argue Holland, Belgium Cameroon and West Germany trumps Sweden, Columbia Tunisia and Panama.

I don't want to do them down as they seem a good bunch but only circumstances have allowed us to get this far and the first decent team have left us banging on a brick wall. I reckon we'd have beaten Russia had their pen shoot out gone their way

Otis

It’s an idiotic thing to say anyway.

Which great teams did Spain and Germany play. We did better than them, Brazil, Argentina and Portugal. Italy and Netherlands didn’t even get there.
Of course it's not an idiotic thing to say.

So many people were saying how much better a team we are this time round and it has proven not to be the case.

As soon as we met a good team the same old failings were there.

Without the 'easier path' we would probably have been knocked out ages ago and so many would be still saying we simply aren't good enough.

Even if we had won the tournament that doesn't automatically make you a great side.

Should have won tonight and could easily have got lucky against France in the final.

Macca

I ve enjoyed the lengthy involvement for sure though hopefully they continue with their current attitude and don't into the prima donnas of the golden generation.

Otis

It’s an idiotic thing to say anyway.

Which great teams did Spain and Germany play. We did better than them, Brazil, Argentina and Portugal. Italy and Netherlands didn’t even get there.
And the other thing, which makes your idiotic comment look idiotic, is the teams you mention regularly beat the best teams in the world.

We don't.

When is the last time we beat a really good team in a tournament?

Germany in the Euros when Shearer scored with that header?

Otis

Do you think England would have got out of Croatia’s group out of interest?
Who was that again? Croatia, Russia, Egypt and Saudi Arabia was it?

Who is left out of the 4? If it is Croatia, then certainly, if Egypt or the Saudis, not so sure.

Russia rode on a wave of patriotism and luck and a couple of wonder goals.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Who was that again? Croatia, Russia, Egypt and Saudi Arabia was it?

Who is left out of the 4? If it is Croatia, then certainly, if Egypt or the Saudis, not so sure.

Russia rode on a wave of patriotism and luck and a couple of wonder goals.

Nope Argentina, Nigeria and Iceland

Sky_Blue_Daz

The worst thing from my behalf and purely selfish as well, is that me and my daughter have really bonded during this tournament we’ve had a right laugh watching the england games admittedly not tonight so much but we’ve had a really good time together, and bearing in mind she’s 14 and 14 year old kids especially girls have waaaaay to much in life going on, It been enjoyable

Brighton Sky Blue

Royally flapped it by missing so many glorious chances in the 1st half then gifting sitters away later on. Won't get a chance as good as this for a very long time and I'm being harsh, but this will go down as a bigger choke than 1996 or 1990. France will steamroll Croatia while we have to put up with the game nobody wants.

Sterling should hang his head in shame for a poor tournament despite endless opportunities from Southgate to shine. Pickford goes away with his stock significantly elevated and will come away with a lot of confidence from his performances.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Also tonight watching it we couldn’t be the only ones who said “oh god he’s gonna regret that!” When Pickford stood over Mandzucik after that save whilst he was injured and was having a go at him!

Otis

I wouldn't have put money on it
We have to keep things in perspective. Yes, the future is now beginning to look a bit rosier, but we are not as good as some have been making out.

Take out that easy path and we would above been on the plane home much sooner.

We were always in a chance of winning it. France haven't been that great for the most part and Croatia have needed three lots of extras time and two lots of pens to get through.

England definitely could have won it, but to compete right at the top we still have some way to go.

Otis

Yep cut through the hype and my view is that we have done "ok" in this World Cup, no more. I like the manager, nice bunch of lads but I'm not blown away
Yep. Great to get to a semi-final, but we haven't been brilliant by a long chalk.

Kane looked completely shot tonight and so many players looked tired. That needs looking into, because the assumption was that Croatia would be the tiring side, not us, but they just kept going and going and going, while we looked so, so leggy.
Alli was anonymous, Kane wasn't himself, Lingard flitted in and out, Young had a poor game, as did Henderson.

No idea why we just decided to sit off Modric and let him play.

You watch France constantly close him down on Sunday and pressurise him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

We have to keep things in perspective. Yes, the future is now beginning to look a bit rosier, but we are not as good as some have been making out.

We were always in a chance of winning it. France haven't been that great for the most part and Croatia have needed three lots of extras time and two lots of pens to get through.

England definitely could have won it, but to compete right at the top we still have some way to go.

Agree and that is the big thing, hopefully behind the scenes the ‘negatives’ are viewed and reviewed a lot more than the positives, so they come back stronger for the Euros.

Shame as getting that early goal and having a lot of ball in the final 3rd and that Kane chance it probably should have been finished but you play a genuine quality side they’ll make you pay.

Already seeing it on social media about Croatia 4m population argument, NZ in Rugby, Aus in Cricket & Jamaica in athletics all are/have been streets ahead with a few million, give them credit.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep. Great to get to a semi-final, but we haven't been brilliant by a long chalk.

Kane looked completely shot tonight and so many players looked tired. That needs looking into, because the assumption was that Croatia would be the tiring side, not us, but they just kept going and going and going, while we looked so, so leggy.
Alli was anonymous, Kane wasn't himself, Lingard flitted in and out, Young had a poor game, as did Henderson.

No idea why we just decided to sit off Modric and let him play.

You watch France constantly close him down on Sunday and pressurise him.

France would have put away all of the sitters we created tonight.

Macca

They could indeed but I'm with you in that we are a long way still from challenging the very top sides. I like the team but I don't see a new dawn yet

Tunisia scraped past
Panama pub team
Belgium no real opinion from that game
Columbia laboured through
Sweden competent performance, championship level game
Tonight taught a lesson

So again, enjoyed it, the team can only play who they are given, some bright prospects....

But all this media bollocks that somehow the last few weeks proves we are to be a force in future tournaments? Very premature

Otis

Agree and that is the big thing, hopefully behind the scenes the ‘negatives’ are viewed and reviewed a lot more than the positives, so they come back stronger for the Euros.

Shame as getting that early goal and having a lot of ball in the final 3rd and that Kane chance it probably should have been finished but you play a genuine quality side they’ll make you pay.

Already seeing it on social media about Croatia 4m population argument, NZ in Rugby, Aus in Cricket & Jamaica in athletics all are/have been streets ahead with a few million, give them credit.
I'm more concerned about just how easily we were beaten in the end. Hands down Croatia were far the better side from the second half on.

We played like minnows and far too within ourselves. Seemed to be holding on for the most part, even though Croatia didn't really threaten that much.

Ashdown

Well done Mart Germany, you've managed one poxy comment on football as usual, whilst spilling out reams of your standard crap on your own personal pro EU love in thread . You should be banned, you're not Cov !!!!

Grendel

I'm more concerned about just how easily we were beaten in the end. Hands down Croatia were far the better side from the second half on.

We played like minnows and far too within ourselves. Seemed to be holding on for the most part, even though Croatia didn't really threaten that much.

If Kane had converted an easy chance Croatia would have been beaten

We’d then have lost to France and you would then have said that they were the only decent team we’d played.

France who struggled oddly to beat Australia in the early stages and were dire versus Denmark.

Users who are viewing this thread