Things that annoy you (9 Viewers)

Otis

People do say that all the time to me though when they see me walking arm in arm down the street with my missus.

Terry Gibson's perm

If it wasn't for the visitors I think even more patients would die in their hospital beds.
I've never seen a profession with so many obese women as there seems to be in nursing. Are they stealing the patients' food or are fat girls attracted to a career in nursing?

As the husband of a nurse I have to agree, but things like the following don’t help

Their shifts can be all over the place so eating at weird times and also making gym attendance difficult
Patients and their families taking in presents as a thank you for looking after them
Some comfort eat seeing people dying everyday can’t be much fun
Lack of proper breaks and the canteen serves food that is not ideal to help diet

OffenhamSkyBlue

I think the most infuriating management-speak bollocks is when you're in a meeting and the Director says "can we discuss this off-line?"!!!!

How fucking more "off-line" can you be when talking face-to-face FFS??!!!

Our directorate has a "business update" this afternoon, so doubtless i'll be able to capture a few more gems like this!!

Grrrrrrr!

Sick Boy

Don't really like the poser type gyms. Went to Puregym in town for a bit and it was terrible for it.

Much rather nice quiet ones with not many people there or spit and sawdust types.

I go to a gym called Cheetahs that’s like something from the 1970s, best gym I’ve ever been to though, I also have a Pure Gym membership for one near the office which I use occasionally but it’s full of idiots trying to stare themselves out in the mirror

richnrg

supermarket staff (usually in small 'tesco extras' or 'co-op locals' or whatever they're called) who have finished their shift, are doing their own shopping and are in front of you in the queue. Invariably they will have a nice chat with Pat on the till about their shift patterns for that week as she very slowly loads shopping into their (staff) bag, before producing a handful of various vouchers and staff discount cards when it finally reaches the time to pay. Another small chat about how Barry is still off sick with a broken collarbone before finally arriving at the 'anyway, must go' stage, 20 minutes later. Meanwhile, the other queue (that you avoided joining as it was originally much longer) has now totally disappeared, giving June the chance to pretend she hasn't seen you as she does some tidying of the cigarrette cupboard.

Nick

Administrator
supermarket staff (usually in small 'tesco extras' or 'co-op locals' or whatever they're called) who have finished their shift, are doing their own shopping and are in front of you in the queue. Invariably they will have a nice chat with Pat on the till about their shift patterns for that week as she very slowly loads shopping into their (staff) bag, before producing a handful of various vouchers and staff discount cards when it finally reaches the time to pay. Another small chat about how Barry is still off sick with a broken collarbone before finally arriving at the 'anyway, must go' stage, 20 minutes later. Meanwhile, the other queue (that you avoided joining as it was originally much longer) has now totally disappeared, giving June the chance to pretend she hasn't seen you as she does some tidying of the cigarrette cupboard.

It's even worse when you stand there and there's 1 person serving and about 20 in the queue.

RING THE BELL FOR HELP SO I GET SERVED QUICKLY!

richnrg

Baby Gender Reveals.

Firstly, the ones where it's the dad finding out. Why weren't they there when they found out in the first place?

Secondly, when it is to make an announcement. And what?

All a bit pretentious and chuffed for my liking.

Just after the birth of one of my kids, I popped outside for some fresh air and overheard a new dad on his phone telling his family about the arrival of his new baby. Apparently the baby was fine but 'a bit swollen', and as such it 'the doctors can't tell whether it's a boy or a girl just yet'. Blimey!

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's even worse when you stand there and there's 1 person serving and about 20 in the queue.

RING THE BELL FOR HELP SO I GET SERVED QUICKLY!
Ikea last Sunday morning (about 12.30 or so), there were most of the self-service express checkouts open, but if you had anything more than 15 items or anything sizeable, there were TWO out of the TEN operator tills open. Queues were mahoosive!

Terry Gibson's perm

Baby Gender Reveals.

Firstly, the ones where it's the dad finding out. Why weren't they there when they found out in the first place?

Secondly, when it is to make an announcement. And what?

All a bit pretentious and chuffed for my liking.

I hate them nearly as much as baby showers more Americanised shit

Nick

Administrator
It's all so fake, nobody pissed up says "I'm glad I had a boy, only one cock to worry about. Your gonna have hundreds to worry about"

Just done to be filmed for social media.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Snowflakes and Paloma Faith saying she wont disclose the sex of her baby as its up to the baby to decide it's gender!!!
Give me strength!!!

Otis

Back on the Xmas thing, I saw a bus today with an ad on the side 'Why not start a new tradition this year, Pepsi Cola!' Grr!!

Yeah, must get my Christmas coke to go alongside my Christmas toilet cleaner and my Christmas comb and my Christmas paper clips, while not forgetting of course, my Christmas fly spray and my Christmas vacuum cleaner bags.

fellatio_Martinez

How come Americans in real life sound really annoying yet on film they aren't?

Some American woman was behind me in the shop earlier yapping away and it made my skin crawl as it does anytime I come in contact with a yank.

Nick

Administrator

Some American woman was behind me in the shop earlier yapping away and it made my skin crawl as it does anytime I come in contact with a yank.

Do they just need to touch you and you are spent?

Sick Boy

I made the mistake of seeing one about 10 years ago, I managed 8 days before she did my head in too much, never again.

OffenhamSkyBlue

People who come into work obviously very ill, sit around moaning for a few hours and then fuck off home and within a few days half the office are off ill
Spot on! Reduces the overall output of the office, as well as pissing everyone off when they go down with it.
If you are in a job where people are able to work from home (accessing work systems from a work-provided laptop, or their own home PC), then they would still be able to be productive while at home, but coming to the office might be that bit too much.
I've been having this conversation with my Director this week, and he's close to issuing an edict that if you have a cold WORK AT HOME for the two worst days!
It's not that the people are necessarily being selfish - they are under pressure to come to work when they aren't well enough!

Otis

Annoying isn't it.

Went out for a family meal about 5 weeks ago (18 of us in total) and my niece came over from the other end of the table to tell me she had flu and that her two children had just had flu.

Lo and behold, I caught, my missus caught it, my daughter caught it.

I've now been ill for well over a month.

Grrr!!!!

fellatio_Martinez

I made the mistake of seeing one about 10 years ago, I managed 8 days before she did my head in too much, never again.

I met an American girl at a club a few years ago. Kissed her and swapped numbers etc, thought she was great. Then she called me the next day and I realised what an annoying fucker she was.

European girls are far less high maintenance I've found.

richnrg

Annoying isn't it.

Went out for a family meal about 5 weeks ago (18 of us in total) and my niece came over from the other end of the table to tell me she had flu and that her two children had just had flu.

Lo and behold, I caught, my missus caught it, my daughter caught it.

I've now been ill for well over a month.

Grrr!!!!
thats 2 'Grrrs' in your last 2 posts. Calm down dear. :angelic:

Users who are viewing this thread