Things that annoy you (10 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Da BBC an da ovver channels who put on people to do da introductions for programmes comin op later who speak laaaak dis.
" An comin op at seven fir'y tonaaaate EastEnders . La'er at naaaaaaayn it's Holby ."

They think it's clever. They think it appeals to everyone and ticks loads of boxes. It doesn't. It's an insult to ethnic groups and it states that if you're black you talk this way.

Sbarcher

Da BBC an da ovver channels who put on people to do da introductions for programmes comin op later who speak laaaak dis.
" An comin op at seven fir'y tonaaaate EastEnders . La'er at naaaaaaayn it's Holby ."

They think it's clever. They think it appeals to everyone and ticks loads of boxes. It doesn't. It's an insult to ethnic groups and it states that if you're black you talk this way.
And now that they feel threatened by Nadine Dorries, the new advert tells us it's now "our BBC". Seems like it's only us oldies who watch BBC and the majority are streamers and watch Youtube. They can see that funding by the licence fee is not sustainable long term so they need to look at other ways to make us all pay.

Terry_dactyl

I remember living in London from 90s - 00s and for a while being confused/irritated by young people talking like that. I now hear young people in wales talking like it.
I guess things like language and accents evolve or just change and are more and more influenced by things outside of immediate family.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I remember living in London from 90s - 00s and for a while being confused/irritated by young people talking like that. I now hear young people in wales talking like it.
I guess things like language and accents evolve or just change and are more and more influenced by things outside of immediate family.
Spot on. I don't mind an accent I know to be a genuine British local dialect announcing what's coming on later, be it Liverpool, Newcastle, South Wales, West country etc, etc. But when someone announces that
" Somefink is kickin off lay'er in EastEnders at seven firtee tonaaaate" it just pisses me right off because it's not even spoken correctly.
That includes that torch-toothed Ryland Clarke telling me everyfink is a cinch. And he's white, don't you know.

SBT

Spot on. I don't mind an accent I know to be a genuine British local dialect announcing what's coming on later, be it Liverpool, Newcastle, South Wales, West country etc, etc. But when someone announces that
" Somefink is kickin off lay'er in EastEnders at seven firtee tonaaaate" it just pisses me right off because it's not even spoken correctly.
That includes that torch-toothed Ryland Clarke telling me everyfink is a cinch. And he's white, don't you know.

“a genuine British local dialect”

Alright granddad

Nick

Administrator
When you listen to the radio and they say things like "You was great there".

Somebody getting paid to talk, who can't actually talk.

covmark

Wankers chatting in the meat aisle at the supermarket. Move out of the way, so I can get my rump steak, you ignorant cunts.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

SIR ERNIE

That bloody advert for the no-box Sky TV with the dumbass kid dressed as a wizard.
Its on every 5 mins, does my head in.

Sbarcher

Never normally have issues with cyclists but really annoyed on my way to the game on Saturday. Two cyclists riding side by side along a busy A road. Hardly any space or time to overtake causing long tailback. Selfish prat’s.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yeah....Damn those cyclists actually riding correctly & obeying the highway Code advice.

Cyclists are part of the traffic with just as much right to be there as any driver. Learn some patience.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ha...to be fair I've noticed drivers give me more room after I've kicked a big cleat shaped dent in their nearside door or punched their wing mirror off....

...also advised in the highway code:D

Nick

Administrator
Ha...to be fair I've noticed drivers give me more room after I've kicked a big cleat shaped dent in their nearside door or punched their wing mirror off....

...also advised in the highway code:D

Yeah, they would be in hospital and their bike wrapped round their head.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Never normally have issues with cyclists but really annoyed on my way to the game on Saturday. Two cyclists riding side by side along a busy A road. Hardly any space or time to overtake causing long tailback. Selfish prat’s.
I'm a keen cyclist but these idiots piss me off . Even worse when they're in a group of half a dozen or more and do the same on country lanes.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yeah....Damn those cyclists actually riding correctly & obeying the highway Code advice.

Cyclists are part of the traffic with just as much right to be there as any driver. Learn some patience.
If I go out cycling with a mate we go out on country lanes which are generally quiet . We usually ride two abreast. However if a car comes up behind us we go single file to allow cars to pass.
If we don't we are needlessly blocking the road.
It's courtesy and common sense.

Sbarcher

I'm a keen cyclist but these idiots piss me off . Even worse when they're in a group of half a dozen or more and do the same on country lanes.
I live in a quiet village North of Oxford. The Sunday morning club riders stretch out for quite a distance and trying to overtake on a twisty country road is dangerous. Of course they are fully entitled to ride this way, but if I wanted to travel at the speed of a bike I would use one. Bloody hard to carry my Tesco shop in the front basket though.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I live in a quiet village North of Oxford. The Sunday morning club riders stretch out for quite a distance and trying to overtake on a twisty country road is dangerous. Of course they are fully entitled to ride this way, but if I wanted to travel at the speed of a bike I would use one. Bloody hard to carry my Tesco shop in the front basket though.
Imagine my Belfast sink strapped to the back.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The BAFTAS. How lovely to see so many well dressed penguins and gorgeous ladies lapping it up at the Albert Hall giving everyone some hugely needed relief from what goes on in eastern Europe.
...seems horribly tasteless to me.

Terry_dactyl

Just reminded me…I saw a cyclist banging the shit out of a passenger window on the way into work today. Think he was pissed off at not being given enough space.
It didn’t annoy me but he was well pissed off.

vow

Decaff Teabags. Wishy washy weak shit.

Never again.

Users who are viewing this thread