Things that annoy you (6 Viewers)

skybluedan

Family get togethers. One of them has convinced himself Elvis is still alive and has even had a fully blown arguement regarding it. Another two have dropped on hints about them committing suicide and another has sat there farting non stop for two hours. This makes league of gentlemen look normal...

You ain't round my old lady's are ya

Gazolba

Maybe it's because my pay scales are public knowledge, but I've never seen the issue with talking about pay. Always strikes me that people must be embarrassed about what they earn if they get that funny about it.
Where I work you can be sacked for revealing your salary. No one ever gets a raise so new hires are all earning much more (for the exact same work) than that the people who have been there for years. If the new hires revealed what they are earning, there would be massive unrest.

oucho

Where I work you can be sacked for revealing your salary. No one ever gets a raise so new hires are all earning much more (for the exact same work) than that the people who have been there for years. If the new hires revealed what they are earning, there would be massive unrest.
People who care about what other people get paid.

oucho

People with short memories. Remember all those things that were once considered laughable: Heathrow Terminal 5, Justin Beiber, Tablet technology, Gareth Bale. Now people don't shut up about them.

A particular classic is the ever-popular "the best thing about relegation is we'll visit a load of new ground and tear up the league, winning promotion will be great fun...."

Gazolba

Those messages you get with at the bottom "Sent from my iPhone using Blah blah blah"
I have no interest in what sent it or how it was sent!

Paul Anthony

It's not something that annoyed me, but that certainly annoyed a lot of others.

I once decided to record a message for my voicemail in box. Couldn't think of anything witty to say at the time, so I just recorded myself saying "Hello" as if I was actually answering the phone. My Nan used to get very frustrated, because it always caught her out. Anyway, I once got called by a salesman on said phone.. I didn't hear it ring, so it went through to voicemail. The ensuing shenanigans went something like this:

Voicemail: "Hello...."

Salesman: "Hello I'm calling from....."

(Voicemail beeps)

Salesman: "Uh...." (Clicks on automated mesage machine).

I laughed about that for ages and ages.

RocketSkates

Today somebody smashed my car in a motorway services whilst I was having a shit and left no note or contact details, and to top it off the services have no CCTV.

Not going through insurance as they will write-off the car (it's only a 2002 Ford KA),I can't afford to get it done off my own back at present, and cant be without a car for x amount of time anyway.

This bullshit annoys me :p

chiefdave

Same happened to my dad in a Tesco car park. There was CCTV but even then the police / insurance wouldn't do anything as when they contacted the other person he denied it.

Captain Dart

torchomatic

MOTs. Not sure what suspension arms are but I had to have them yesterday. £200. Bastards.

Liquid Gold

Bigots who call other people bigots when they aren't bigots, it's the bigot shouting bigot that's the bigot not the supposed bigot who isn't infact a bigot. Imagine being called a bigot by a bigot. Fucking bigots.

Gazolba

MOTs. Not sure what suspension arms are but I had to have them yesterday. £200. Bastards.
Something that if it's not working could kill you and your passengers. The price is cheap for your/their life. They aren't bastards, they are your guardian angels!

Gazolba

People who write something and then say 'End Of'. (By the way, I didn't say it)

Nick

Administrator
Speaking of cars, bloody gadgets that don't need to be there that give annoying errors lights.

Who needs auto levelling headlights FFS?

olderskyblue

Speaking of cars, bloody gadgets that don't need to be there that give annoying errors lights.

someone who's front tyres strangely deflate then inflate themselves all the time?

shmmeee

Surely this one's been done, but just in case. Drivers who don't give you the little hand wave when you let them through. Twats.

Half the fucking drivers on the way back from Towcester the other night.

Captain Dart

Drivers who have right of way who give way to you when there is no need because they are not part of a stream of traffic they blocks your manoeuvre, all they have to do for you to move on is keep going. Idiots.

Gazolba

Don't know about the UK, but in the USA, it's mandatory for all cars sold after 2018 to have reversing cameras.

shmmeee

Whoever decided to tell idiots their opinion was worth as much as anyone's.

We need to get back to realising there is much we do not know and deferring to knowledge and expertise again. Seems like these days any half baked nonsense is expected to be listened to and respected on a par with people who have spent years studying something and have mountains of data to prove it.

Fucking idiots who don't know the first thing about macro economics spouting shit about free trade. Fucking idiots who don't know their minhashing from their bag of words spouting about how big data will kill us all.

People who clearly haven't the first fucking clue about how British democracy functions blathering on about parliamentary sovereignty.

Grendel talking about Bigi.

Fuck off and let the adults talk, all of you.

oucho

It's not something that annoyed me, but that certainly annoyed a lot of others.

I once decided to record a message for my voicemail in box. Couldn't think of anything witty to say at the time, so I just recorded myself saying "Hello" as if I was actually answering the phone. My Nan used to get very frustrated, because it always caught her out. Anyway, I once got called by a salesman on said phone.. I didn't hear it ring, so it went through to voicemail. The ensuing shenanigans went something like this:

Voicemail: "Hello...."

Salesman: "Hello I'm calling from....."

(Voicemail beeps)

Salesman: "Uh...." (Clicks on automated mesage machine).

I laughed about that for ages and ages.

You need to get out more.
Faffers. People who just faff.

People should just do things rather than piss about.
You'd frickin HATE my mother. Can't leave the house without going back inside 4 times looking for things which she has actually taken with her and put into the car. Need to build in an extra 10 minutes of contingency if she is giving me a lift anywhere, to allow for the faff time. Fucking draining.

When was that conversation, 1975?

People who write something and then say 'End Of'. (By the way, I didn't say it)
That's bullshit. End Of.

ccfc92

MOT's are a grey area. You could bring a car in with a side light out = FAIL

Steel wheels, covered by a wheel trim, hiding that 1 out the of 5 wheel nuts is fitted = PASS

ccfc92

Regarding the suspension arms, if they gave way (depending on your car's suspension) your driver's side front wheel could end under where you're sat driving the vehicle.

Vehicle checks/maintenance is massively underrated.

oakey

Bandwagon joiners.
Currently it is people who trot out any line you know has been in the media endlessly for days.
ATM it is politics ... we need a strong and stable leader, we need to save the NHS, we need to control our borders,
Taxbombshell blah, blah, blah.
Now I don't mind the phrases if the spouter can back up the slogan with a bit of argument or evidence but, you know the rest. The other day there was a focus group I was reading about in which one person said, "I didn't know we were in the EU until the referendum." They come on news programmes and they talk in cliches.
Maybe we get the politicians we deserve.

It's not just politicians. It's, 'Ooh I'm dehydrated or stressed or low blood sugar or needing a sugar rush. I need some me time, quality time, down time."
People talk and clearly believe such bollocks.

covmark

Bandwagon joiners.
Currently it is people who trot out any line you know has been in the media endlessly for days.
ATM it is politics ... we need a strong and stable leader, we need to save the NHS, we need to control our borders,
Taxbombshell blah, blah, blah.
Now I don't mind the phrases if the spouter can back up the slogan with a bit of argument or evidence but, you know the rest. The other day there was a focus group I was reading about in which one person said, "I didn't know we were in the EU until the referendum." They come on news programmes and they talk in cliches.
Maybe we get the politicians we deserve.

It's not just politicians. It's, 'Ooh I'm dehydrated or stressed or low blood sugar or needing a sugar rush. I need some me time, quality time, down time."
People talk and clearly believe such bollocks.
Plenty of bandwagon joiners go and watch wasps every other week.
I'm with you pal. Tossers of the highest order.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread