Things that annoy you (16 Viewers)

Ranjit Bhurpa

You can park 5 mins from the centre for a fiver for 11 hours if you know where to look. ;)
Good to know SB but not much use after the event :)
Car park was close to where we needed to be so just drove in. It was virtually full so a good revenue generator for someone. Didn't spoil a good day out in a thriving city.

Covstu

Nearly parked at the airport in Brum at the Novatel the other month and it was about £12 for 30 mins!! Needless to say I reversed back down and parked elsewhere!

Otis

McStuff!!!

Not merely satisfied with having McNuggets, McMuffins ,and McChicken sandwiches, McDonald's are now doing something called McDeliveries. Grrrrrr!!

If I ever go in there again I am going to tell them my McTray is dirty and my McNuggets are McCold and I would like to see the McManager before I lose my McFooking McTemper.

McDelivery. Good grief. :(

Nick

Administrator
Something really pissed me off earlier.

My daughter loves books, she would rather than over sweets and toys every day of the week. There is an independent book shop she likes to go to with pocket money to buy a book, they cost more than Amazon but she likes to have a look and pick one rather than look online. She has spent a good £40 of her money on books there.

We had a clearout of her books, she has so many decent books that have been read once and are in mint condition.

She took about £80 of books into the shop earlier to see if she could trade them or he would buy them so she could buy new books from him and he said to an 8 year old who had off her own back took them in to him and asked him "I will give you £2 for them". Obviously weren't expecting him to pay RRP for them all, but what an absolute prick to say that to a child he has seen go in and get her own purse out every week and spend her money there.

She bought a book last week off him for £4 more than Amazon have it for.

Covstu

McStuff!!!

Not merely satisfied with having McNuggets, McMuffins ,and McChicken sandwiches, McDonald's are now doing something called McDeliveries. Grrrrrr!!

If I ever go in there again I am going to tell them my McTray is dirty and my McNuggets are McCold and I would like to see the McManager before I lose my McFooking McTemper.

It’s when you order a chicken sandwich and they look at you gone out and wait for you to say the mc bit. You can mcfuck off!

Covstu

My daughter loves books, she would rather than over sweets and toys every day of the week. There is an independent book shop she likes to go to with pocket money to buy a book, they cost more than Amazon but she likes to have a look and pick one rather than look online. She has spent a good £40 of her money on books there.

We had a clearout of her books, she has so many decent books that have been read once and are in mint condition.

She took about £80 of books into the shop earlier to see if she could trade them or he would buy them so she could buy new books from him and he said to an 8 year old who had off her own back took them in to him and asked him "I will give you £2 for them". Obviously weren't expecting him to pay RRP for them all, but what an absolute prick to say that to a child he has seen go in and get her own purse out every week and spend her money there.

That sucks, we use the library in the main. She gets books brought equally but just good to read and send back

Ranjit Bhurpa

McStuff!!!

And don't forget the vegan burger they are currently trialling....can you guess what it's called?

Nick

Administrator
That sucks, we use the library in the main. She gets books brought equally but just good to read and send back
She does love the library, it's not open as much so we usually use the book farm (it wasn't there that were knobs)

Otis

You going to name and shame?

I remember a florist who was selling 6 red roses for £1.50 (yeah, we are talking about 1872 here). They were 40p each or 6 for £1.50. My friend wanted to buy 7, but instead of doing 6 for £1.50 and then the 1 at 40p, the florist charged £2.80, so all 7 at 40p each.

Ranjit Bhurpa

But only available in McFinland at the moment. Thank McFook for that.
Whilst on the South Coast last week, we spotted a Wimpy and decided to try it out for old times sake. Thought the name disappeared years ago. It was like travelling back in time, even with the Bender in a Bun...and not a McAnything in sight.
Staff were very pleasant, more mature and very attentive. Certainly a pleasant change from other fast food chains if you need a quick bite to eat.

wingy

Whilst on the South Coast last week, we spotted a Wimpy and decided to try it out for old times sake. Thought the name disappeared years ago. It was like travelling back in time, even with the Bender in a Bun...and not a McAnything in sight.
Staff were very pleasant, more mature and very attentive. Certainly a pleasant change from other fast food chains if you need a quick bite to eat.
Yes they're coming back.
Not sure if I read we may get one back in Coventry.

Otis

Yes they're coming back.
Not sure if I read we may get one back in Coventry.
I used to get dead excited if I was told we were going to go Wimpy's as a child. I've always had a thing for dressing up. ;)

Seriously though, it was a big event for us. It was like having tea with the Queen. I loved it, but I think only ever went twice, cos we couldn't afford it. One of the times was for someone's birthday party, so my parents didn't have to pay.

Ranjit Bhurpa

MOTD 2.
What is the point of a Sunday afternoon show analysing the days games with no prospect of showing the action.
To finish with plugging radio coverage.
The words 'analysing' and 'analyst' in themselves create a frothy moment for me Wingy. Fed up to the back teeth with these so-called experts droning on to justify their continued employment, seemingly intent on being the main story themselves rather than the story they are describing.

wingy

McStuff!!!

Haha
Had a little Google /Wiki moment earlier relating to the Wimpy content.
Indeed The Popeye character had some relevance to the Brandname.
It just made my day that there was an episode of family guy that referenced called 'Mcstroke'.B-)

Otis

People who act like kids and ask stupid questions.

An example.

Sitting there eating a sandwich at lunchtime.

"You have a sandwich for lunch then?"

Quite obviously.
My missus does that all the time. It's quite nonsensical.

Otis

Drivers!! In general now. Things are a lot crazier these days out on the roads.

Going over red lights

Not giving way

Not acknowledging when you give way

Speeding.

Overtaking on a normal 30mph city street.

Parking wherever they like.

Only this week I have had someone try to overtake me down Sadler Road. Cars parked both sides and I was going maybe 32mph. Guy behind suddenly indicates, pulls and goes to overtake me at speed, but there's a car coming in the opposite direction and he has to pull back in again behind me.

Down Jubilee Crescent now it seems to be the norm to not parallel park alongside the kerb, but to drive in at something like a 60° angle so your front headlights are pointing right at the shops. Also involves driving up about 3 or 4 feet onto the pavement.

Then was at Tesco Arena on Monday. It was around 6.40pm, so loads of free spaces, but one guy drove up one lane/access path to the bays in the car park and instead of pulling into a parking bay just stopped his car and parked it right in there in the lane. Got out his car and went shopping. He was blocking about 3 or 4 cars who were parked in spaces. I was quite stunned to be honest. There 2 or 3 spaces within 15 foot of where he stopped the car.

Covstu

Drivers!! In general now. Things are a lot crazier these days out on the roads.

Going over red lights

Not giving way

Not acknowledging when you give way

Speeding.

Overtaking on a normal 30mph city street.

Parking wherever they like.

Only this week I have had someone try to overtake me down Sadler Road. Cars parked both sides and I was going maybe 32mph. Guy behind suddenly indicates, pulls and goes to overtake me at speed, but there's a car coming in the opposite direction and he has to pull back in again behind me.

Down Jubilee Crescent now it seems to be the norm to not parallel park alongside the kerb, but to drive in at something like a 60° angle so your front headlights are pointing right at the shops. Also involves driving up about 3 or 4 feet onto the pavement.

Then was at Tesco Arena on Monday. It was around 6.40pm, so loads of free spaces, but one guy drove up one lane/access path to the bays in the car park and instead of pulling into a parking bay just stopped his car and parked it right in there in the lane. Got out his car and went shopping. He was blocking about 3 or 4 cars who were parked in spaces. I was quite stunned to be honest. There 2 or 3 spaces within 15 foot of where he stopped the car.
It’s the knobbers who speed and take over to get one space further! What’s the point!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Nose piercings,Think they look pathetic.
Hamilton and Sturridge have one I see makes them look stupid.
What makes a person wake up and think I'm gonna get my nose pierced today?

Malaka

I used to get dead excited if I was told we were going to go Wimpy's as a child. I've always had a thing for dressing up. ;)

Seriously though, it was a big event for us. It was like having tea with the Queen. I loved it, but I think only ever went twice, cos we couldn't afford it. One of the times was for someone's birthday party, so my parents didn't have to pay.
Yes me too, in the round wimpy. I used to like to go to the restaurant upstairs in Woolies sausage and chips

Otis

It’s the knobbers who speed and take over to get one space further! What’s the point!
Yeah, encounter that a lot, especially on tiny little stretches of two lanes. They race past at the first opportunity and then all the way home I find am right behind them.

Nick

Administrator
Business conferences / expos / "keynote speakers" / business networking.

Just need to cut all the bullshit, all the messing around nicey nicey and just say "buy my stuff" and be done with it.

Add into that the "awards" that don't really mean anything. People need to stop bullshitting and pretend they care about the award for best business beginning with H within a 3 mile radius and just say they are there for the piss up.

Users who are viewing this thread