Things that annoy you (27 Viewers)

Otis

Business conferences / expos / "keynote speakers" / business networking.

Just need to cut all the bullshit, all the messing around nicey nicey and just say "buy my stuff" and be done with it.

Add into that the "awards" that don't really mean anything. People need to stop bullshitting and pretend they care about the award for best business beginning with H within a 3 mile radius and just say they are there for the piss up.
It's all the job titles that go with the business conferences too. Incoherent business babble. People tell you their job title and you still have no idea what they do.

Nick

Administrator
It's all the job titles that go with the business conferences too. Incoherent business babble. People tell you their job title and you still have no idea what they do.

Most of them just talk bullshit at business conferences.

I've been to a couple, it is literally just people trying to compete to find the best way to disguise they want to sell you something. So much so we would time to see how long it took for the "catch" to come out.

Them "Oh, so you are in IT"
"Yes, we do X, Y and Z"
"thats great, what sort of stuff is that" (you can tell they dont give a shit)
"it's mostly x,y and z, but a more detailed explanation"
"Do you need a cheap supplier of bathroom supplies, toilet roll, handwash etc?"
"No, we don't use much we only have 1 toilet"
"Ok have a good day"

Terry Gibson's perm

My wife saying to me that when she looks at certain men she imagines what they look like naked, but that's not the problem she was surprised I didn't do it for women and know she has it in my head I imagine some awful sights.

Marty

I was in a car park stuck next to a 4x4 and a van, I slowly pull out as I obviously can't see what's coming, some daft old bint going about 30 comes screeching to a halt, before getting a load of abuse. Genuine error on my part as I couldn't see, but there's no need for that sort of abuse for something so minor and if she weren't going so fast it wouldn't have even been an issue, she didn't like it when I told her what a fat ugly c**t she was.

oakey

Surveys that involve writing on a plane, a restaurant, pub or hotel that involve you doing some work for a promise of a prize entry. I want a reward not a possible prize. The least they should offer is a free drink, pen, key ring whatever, but I ain't working for nothing. The worst I can remember was a holiday hotel in Majorca that did an afternoon quiz. I sat there for nearly half an hour, won the quiz, beating a room full of people and was gobsmacked that there was no prize. The tight gits could have given me a cheap pen, drink, voucher and I'd have been fine but nothing. WTF?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Surveys that involve writing on a plane, a restaurant, pub or hotel that involve you doing some work for a promise of a prize entry. I want a reward not a possible prize. The least they should offer is a free drink, pen, key ring whatever, but I ain't working for nothing. The worst I can remember was a holiday hotel in Majorca that did an afternoon quiz. I sat there for nearly half an hour, won the quiz, beating a room full of people and was gobsmacked that there was no prize. The tight gits could have given me a cheap pen, drink, voucher and I'd have been fine but nothing. WTF?

The constant "we need your postcode" for everything, cinema last night asked for it, well I'm giving you my address and you know where I am for the next couple of hours I don't feel comfortable telling somebody I've never met where I live maybe I'm paranoid but I'm not keen on the idea!

Ranjit Bhurpa

My wife saying to me that when she looks at certain men she imagines what they look like naked, but that's not the problem she was surprised I didn't do it for women and know she has it in my head I imagine some awful sights.
No excuse now then if you want to wonder out loud what the pretty blonde checkout cashier looks like naked :emoji_relaxed:

BodicoteSkyBlue

Restaurants that serve your meal with more plate still showing than food coverage.
Oh & middle aged blokes having to go up and shake the chefs hand when they turn up!

Restaurants serving your meal on a roofing tile. Fuck off I want my dinner on a plate. Even had “triple cooked fries” served in a flower pot recently & what is triple cooked anyway?

Captain Dart

The constant "we need your postcode" for everything, cinema last night asked for it, well I'm giving you my address and you know where I am for the next couple of hours I don't feel comfortable telling somebody I've never met where I live maybe I'm paranoid but I'm not keen on the idea!
I always refuse to give personal details, a lot of the staff seem surprised, I'm more surprised most people agree to answer intrusive & unnecessary questions.

Otis

Football 'fans' who give opposition players all kinds of shit and abuse.

Just caught a bit of the Shaw Lane (exactly! Who?) v Mansfield FA Cup tie on BT Sport's. First time Shaw Lane have ever appeared in the first round proper. Shaw Lane score to equalise and it's down the Mansfield end and some fans react with real vitriol in their hearts and give the scorer the finger, mutter obscenities, follow the player from the terraces as he wheels away in order to continue the abuse.

I just don't get it. In the same TV clip you can see a middle aged couple in Mansfield scarves smiling, obviously appreciative of what the goal means to such a small club.

Fair enough if a player is giving stick to the fans and winding them up. I can understand giving some back in that circumstance, but sometimes the player has done nowt more than score and celebrate with his teammates. Does that really deserve the one finger and wanker signs and the spitting of bile and gnashing and wailing of teeth?

Terry Gibson's perm

Restaurants serving your meal on a roofing tile. Fuck off I want my dinner on a plate. Even had “triple cooked fries” served in a flower pot recently & what is triple cooked anyway?

I think it's what we used to call reheated :emoji_kissing:

skybluegod

Football 'fans' who give opposition players all kinds of shit and abuse.

Just caught a bit of the Shaw Lane (exactly! Who?) v Mansfield FA Cup tie on BT Sport's. First time Shaw Lane have ever appeared in the first round proper. Shaw Lane score to equalise and it's down the Mansfield end and some fans react with real vitriol in their hearts and give the scorer the finger, mutter obscenities, follow the player from the terraces as he wheels away in order to continue the abuse.

I just don't get it. In the same TV clip you can see a middle aged couple in Mansfield scarves smiling, obviously appreciative of what the goal means to such a small club.

Fair enough if a player is giving stick to the fans and winding them up. I can understand giving some back in that circumstance, but sometimes the player has done nowt more than score and celebrate with his teammates. Does that really deserve the one finger and wanker signs and the spitting of bile and gnashing and wailing of teeth?

I agree, but then football fans are idiots, also annoys me when fans give it but then can’t take it back. I remember when the cov fans were giving Bradshaw (the ex Walsall striker) a load of stick, a couple years back, he then of course scored in front of us, and gave a bit back, only to then have a glass beer bottle chucked at him.
And then football fans why rugby fans are allowed beer in the stands and football fans aren’t.

Mcbean

WH Smiths for there automatic tills at the airport which 1. don't work and 2. want your boarding card for a vat scam and while i am at it agree with that above the chance to win - like that win a car scam at the airport - you win a chance you dont win aaarggh

Otis

WhatsApp-Image-2017-11-02-at-103140jpeg.jpg
Drivers!! In general now. Things are a lot crazier these days out on the roads.

Going over red lights

Not giving way

Not acknowledging when you give way

Speeding.

Overtaking on a normal 30mph city street.

Parking wherever they like.

Only this week I have had someone try to overtake me down Sadler Road. Cars parked both sides and I was going maybe 32mph. Guy behind suddenly indicates, pulls and goes to overtake me at speed, but there's a car coming in the opposite direction and he has to pull back in again behind me.

Down Jubilee Crescent now it seems to be the norm to not parallel park alongside the kerb, but to drive in at something like a 60° angle so your front headlights are pointing right at the shops. Also involves driving up about 3 or 4 feet onto the pavement.

Then was at Tesco Arena on Monday. It was around 6.40pm, so loads of free spaces, but one guy drove up one lane/access path to the bays in the car park and instead of pulling into a parking bay just stopped his car and parked it right in there in the lane. Got out his car and went shopping. He was blocking about 3 or 4 cars who were parked in spaces. I was quite stunned to be honest. There 2 or 3 spaces within 15 foot of where he stopped the car.

This is how drivers are parking down Jubilee Crescent. Pic above is Charter Avenue and CT is reporting how local residents there are complaining.

At Jubilee Crescent though there is no grass verge bit, it's straight from the road onto the pavement.

dutchman

Not singling out this forum or any poster in particular but don't you just love the person who hasn't posted for years but now he's back suddenly demands everyone's attention and once he's got it never sets foot in the place again?

Otis

Not singling out this forum or any poster in particular but don't you just love the person who hasn't posted for years but now he's back suddenly demands everyone's attention and once he's got it never sets foot in the place again?
Sorry. I just missed you. What more can I say? :(

Astute

Most of them just talk bullshit at business conferences.

I've been to a couple, it is literally just people trying to compete to find the best way to disguise they want to sell you something. So much so we would time to see how long it took for the "catch" to come out.

Them "Oh, so you are in IT"
"Yes, we do X, Y and Z"
"thats great, what sort of stuff is that" (you can tell they dont give a shit)
"it's mostly x,y and z, but a more detailed explanation"
"Do you need a cheap supplier of bathroom supplies, toilet roll, handwash etc?"
"No, we don't use much we only have 1 toilet"
"Ok have a good day"
Here is a quick quiz for you :)

Guess what these ludicrous PC job titles REALLY mean

richnrg

triple cooked fries are those fries that have been cooked before, served to someone else, left on the side of the plate uneaten, and then scraped into a bucket by the waitress who collects the (almost) empty plates. Twice.

Covstu

The obsession with selfies! On Facebook, people trying to prove and outdo each other on where they are. No-one takes a picture of scenery anymore, its a selfie with that landscape behind it. People are too concerned about their own self image (literally) these days and worried about what other people think of them!

richnrg

not sure if we've had this before, but I hate those turds in the crowd that when realising they are on the tele at a football match smile, wave and blow kisses, even though there is only 2 minutes of the game left, and their team is 1-0 down in the FA Cup final.

Nick

Administrator
not sure if we've had this before, but I hate those turds in the crowd that when realising they are on the tele at a football match smile, wave and blow kisses, even though there is only 2 minutes of the game left, and their team is 1-0 down in the FA Cup final.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread