Things that are wrong with football thread (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

wingy

Read somewhere over the weekend that BT are getting their fingers burned with the veiwing figures and Sky failing too .
Trouble is they reckon Amazon plus one other will be ready to maintain the madness.

Brighton Sky Blue

Read somewhere over the weekend that BT are getting their fingers burned with the veiwing figures and Sky failing too .
Trouble is they reckon Amazon plus one other will be ready to maintain the madness.

When the self proclaimed best league in the world falls flat on its arse there won't be many tears from me. Then hopefully a league that doesn't shit on its fans in the name of £££££ can step up to the plate and show how it's done. Ah yes...

German football league Bundesliga puts fans loyalty to test in latest campaign

Terry Gibson's perm

Bt is too expensive for what you get as they paid too much for the champions league it was better when sky had the money monopoly , the premier league need to be careful if they go to an amazon type many will stop watching and then the product will fall

Covstu

Bt is too expensive for what you get as they paid too much for the champions league it was better when sky had the money monopoly , the premier league need to be careful if they go to an amazon type many will stop watching and then the product will fall
I think for me, I would never pay for CL football. I used to always watch it on ITV because it was on but would never go out of my way to watch it unless the final (or if city got there!!!)

Nick

Administrator
I'd only bother with Premier League football if it was us there or playing one of them. Absolutely no interest in it.

Liquid Gold

I occasionally watch match of the day and watch NFL most sundays but city take up to much of my time to bother with anything else.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think for me, I would never pay for CL football. I used to always watch it on ITV because it was on but would never go out of my way to watch it unless the final (or if city got there!!!)

I have it as it came as part of my virgin package which was massively cheaper than sky at the time but it’s rebewal time so it may be going

Bumberclart

1. Glory fans who support their top 6 team from their sofa, and have an opinion on everything.
  2. Lack of passion from England players
  3. Money
  4. Sky
  5. BT
  6. Diving
  7. Play acting
  8. Journeymen managers who keep landing jobs even though their record is one of abject failure.
  9. Coloured boots
  10. Foreign players
  11. Ticket prices
  12. Modern stadia
  13. Corporate seating
  14. Villa

Brighton Sky Blue

I love that clip, okay clearly staged but the point gets across well!

You can still watch clubs like Dortmund for a tenner or less and clubs must have a majority fan stake holding. When you treat fans well they repay it, it's not rocket science.

Sick Boy

Mine's got to be plastic top 6 fans who think they know more about the game as 'their' team is in the PL.

wingy

1. Glory fans who support their top 6 team from their sofa, and have an opinion on everything.
  2. Lack of passion from England players
  3. Money
  4. Sky
  5. BT
  6. Diving
  7. Play acting
  8. Journeymen managers who keep landing jobs even though their record is one of abject failure.
  9. Coloured boots
  10. Foreign players
  11. Ticket prices
  12. Modern stadia
  13. Corporate seating
  14. Villa
Comprehensive! !

fernandopartridge

You can still watch clubs like Dortmund for a tenner or less and clubs must have a majority fan stake holding. When you treat fans well they repay it, it's not rocket science.
People make the mistake of thinking that the likes of Richard Scudamore care about the betterment of football for domestic players and fans. They don't care. They're interested in extracting the maximum possible by selling this PL brand to China etc. You'd have to be completely new to football to buy into this piss poor league.

Brighton Sky Blue

People make the mistake of thinking that the likes of Richard Scudamore care about the betterment of football for domestic players and fans. They don't care. They're interested in extracting the maximum possible by selling this PL brand to China etc. You'd have to be completely new to football to buy into this piss poor league.

It's no coincidence that the national team has gone off a cliff as the PL has become richer and richer. The FA hasn't been top dog in English football for years.

Cov are fucked, England are shite, what interest have I got left? Not a lot.

Terry Gibson's perm

Players not celebrating goals against ex teams it’s pathetic

Players blocking off the other player to let the ball go out for a goal kick from 18 yards it should be a free kick for obstruction or better still a free kick right up the arse if needs be.

Time wasting I pay for ninety minutes of entertainment not substitutes taking minutes to leave the field as they are kissing everybody in sight.

Agents as others have said they do next to fuck all and get paid millions for it and now we have the term super agent for bellends like Mino Riola.

Paul pogba what a money waster has a haircut daily and spend las 5k a month having his own blood injected into his face to keep him looking young what a twat

ajsccfc

Players looking too young. In the 80s every team had a player who was either balding/receding had a lovely 'tache or ideally the lot. Now it's all hair transplants and waxing and they all look twelve years old. Brian Kilcline at 25 looked older than Ronaldo ever will in his entire life.

fernandopartridge

This concept of deliberate fouls being ok if it means a team doesn't find itself potentially outnumbered in a breakaway situation.
It makes me cringe when divvy pundits say "He's taken one for the team there". I think ill-spirited foul play like that should be a red card offence.

Covstu

This concept of deliberate fouls being ok if it means a team doesn't find itself potentially outnumbered in a breakaway situation.
It makes me cringe when divvy pundits say "He's taken one for the team there". I think ill-spirited foul play like that should be a red card offence.
Deliberate trips annoy me, no attempt to play the ball at all.

Otis

I occasionally watch match of the day and watch NFL most sundays but city take up to much of my time to bother with anything else.
Yep, kind of the same here.

I have Sky Sports predominantly for the NFL, then also for City games and England matches too when they have them.

Will watch the odd Premier game, but usually only because I flick through a channel rather than deliberately seek it out.

Captain Dart

Here is a movement to put some things right.. sign the petition guys. Thank you.

SkyBlueSoul

Articles that talk about keeping young players grounded but include sentences like this: "Liverpool have introduced a wage cap within their Academy, refusing to pay their 17-year-old first year professionals any more than £40,000-a-year."

It's from an article about 18 months ago, so isn't news exactly, but it beggars belief that clubs are being lauded for "limiting" 17 year olds to £40k a year and "not giving youngsters too much too soon"

Liverpool introduce salary cap for Academy players in bid to keep them grounded

Users who are viewing this thread