This summer - potential signings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Slightly different to transfer rumours, I'd be interested to see who people thought might be worth a punt on.

Only got thinking about this as I was reading the QPR forum (sad git that I am) and was reflecting how Rob Dickie, their cb has gone from a potential multi million transfer to a PL club (when Warburton was there) to a 'should be training with the youngsters' / the worst defender they've had within the space of a season or two. QPR probably paying him too much for us to get/want him, but we need a couple of cbs and whilst obviously McNally would be top of everybody's wish list, I'm curious to see who the SBT 'scouting network' has on their radar. All positions, that is, not just cbs !!!

Deity

A broken record on this but I’d like more pace in attacking areas.

We also lack any creative option to unlock defences when we are dominating possession. I don’t mean a Palmer, Ohare type who can pick a pass but someone who can beat players. Big Vik is probably our only player who can do this currently.

Sick Boy

Slightly different to transfer rumours, I'd be interested to see who people thought might be worth a punt on.

Only got thinking about this as I was reading the QPR forum (sad git that I am) and was reflecting how Rob Dickie, their cb has gone from a potential multi million transfer to a PL club (when Warburton was there) to a 'should be training with the youngsters' / the worst defender they've had within the space of a season or two. QPR probably paying him too much for us to get/want him, but we need a couple of cbs and whilst obviously McNally would be top of everybody's wish list, I'm curious to see who the SBT 'scouting network' has on their radar. All positions, that is, not just cbs !!!
Josh Doig from Hellas if they go down.

fernandopartridge

I like Dickie as a player. I thought Diaby for Preston handed Vik very well too, albeit not as good on the ball as somebody like Dickie.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'll throw in a hand grenade here, but if we were to lose Gus (I'd be focused on him signing a new contract over anybody else), I'd be looking to see how Liam Walsh performs/stays fit between now and the end of the season. Only because I think he is a top player (with sh*te injury record, granted!)

NorthernWisdom

I'll throw in a hand grenade here, but if we were to lose Gus (I'd be focused on him signing a new contract over anybody else), I'd be looking to see how Liam Walsh performs/stays fit between now and the end of the season. Only because I think he is a top player (with sh*te injury record, granted!)
Bring Lee Hurst out of retirement while we're at it.

PVA

McNally is the obvious one, and a realistic one that I think we can do.

A probably unrealistic one is Ryan Manning. Leaving Swansea on a free but will have bigger clubs than us interested, possibly even lower end PL teams. Great player though.

Offhegoes

Rudini from Huddersfield.
Yeah Robins sang his praises after the game at the CBS. Would be an excellent signing. McInally too, and I am wondering if Blaine Rowe may be looked at for understudy to Dabo next season, with Eccles & Burroughs also available to fill in at RWB in a crisis.

Saddlebrains

Yeah Robins sang his praises after the game at the CBS. Would be an excellent signing. McInally too, and I am wondering if Blaine Rowe may be looked at for understudy to Dabo next season, with Eccles & Burroughs also available to fill in at RWB in a crisis.

If were going with Dabo as first choice in that position next year we may aswell give up before weve started

slowpoke

There’s the left back Jay Dasilva from Bristol City we were linked with in January might go back for him but other names might surprise us, the priority for me is a strike partner for Vik, but then theres CBs with the three we have on loan going back and a 36 year old McFadzean there could be three to come in plus possibly a RWB and a goalie.
Then there’s midfield Eccles has been a bonus imo, Howley a bit wait and see so if no one leaves 🍂 I can see at least one major signing there. It’s certainly going to be busy, even busier if we scrape promotion.
Back on the CB positions try and buy McNally and try and get Doyle for another 12 months, he could back up forcleft midfield too.
As to who, not clue.
Big bonus though as Callum O’Hare will be back, fighting fit too.

Last edited:

hill83

Baker and Doyle.
Or Dennis Wise

stupot07

Ffs. Really? He played for us 4 seasons ago in league one aged 21 and has failed through form and injury in the championship, in the 3 subsequent seasons he has made just 16 league appearances and 2 FA Cup appearances. His is now 25 and will turn 26 in September. I don't care how well he did for us in league one, we shouldn't touch him with the proverbial barge pole.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

There’s the left back Jay Dasilva from Bristol City we were linked with in January might go back for him but other names might surprise us, the priority for me is a strike partner for Vik, but then theres CBs with the three we have on loan going back and a 36 year old McFadzean there could be three to come in plus possibly a RWB and a goalie.
Then there’s midfield Eccles has been a bonus imo, Howley a bit wait and see so if no one leaves I can see at least one major signing there. It’s certainly going to be busy, even busier if we scrape promotion.
Back on the CB positions try and buy McNally and try and get Doyle for another 12 months, he could back up forcleft midfield too.
As to who, not clue.
Big bonus though as Callum O’Hare will be back, fighting fit too.

Vik will be gone in the summer.

clint van damme

All dayer yesterday Harry?

Terry Gibson's perm

Nicolls from Huddersfield, Toffolo, O’Brien and Bolwer from Forest. A lot upfront depends on Vik if he goes we need two if he stays just one

stupot07

Not going anywhere, don’t be too disappointed.
it doesn't matter what Doug King says, if Vik doesn't sign a new contract, he will go. We can't let a £15m player go on a free the following summer. We have to assume he is going, and if he stays it a bonus.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't think I've ever seen Toffolo play a ball forwards.

I would be keeping Bidwell but Robins seems to want that Da Silva for some reason. We will still need to be strong at the back next year.

Didn’t Toffolo play one forward into our net from about 25 yards last season?

Terry Gibson's perm

We need to sign some strong characters who are good at the dark arts of the game, we need players that are going to help ref the game and when they is a bit of a scrap get in there.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We need to sign some strong characters who are good at the dark arts of the game, we need players that are going to help ref the game and when they is a bit of a scrap get in there.

What's Terry Yorath doing these days.

March Madness Sport GIF by Basketball Madness

Saddlebrains

We need

GK
RWB
LWB
3x CB
CAM
CAM
ST

Release:
Dacosta
Kelly
Walker
Waghorn
Dabo
Kane
Maguire
Bapaga

Have a feeling hes going to release Rose aswell

Try and get rid of Moore, Cashman

Find a loan in L2/L1 For Rowe, Tavares, Howley

AOM

I know in his last few appearances before injury he's been off form but I wouldn't mind us signing Panzo.
I think he looked really good early on in the season, but he does seem to need an experienced player like McFadzean beside him

shmmeee

Sliding doors innit. If we keep the big players we could get away with a couple of CBs and a wingback or two plus a striker. If we lose Vik and Gus, Then full rebuild time and we should get: GK, CB x 3, RWB, LWB, CM x 2, AM, ST x 3

Terry Gibson's perm

We need

GK
RWB
LWB
3x CB
CAM
CAM
ST

Release:
Dacosta
Kelly
Walker
Waghorn
Dabo
Kane
Maguire
Bapaga

Have a feeling hes going to release Rose aswell

Try and get rid of Moore, Cashman

Find a loan in L2/L1 For Rowe, Tavares, Howley

Cashman will take some shifting he can’t even get in the Altrincham side and I have been told he is to lightweight and doesn’t impose himself on the game.

Users who are viewing this thread