This summer - potential signings (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

I know we have a fascination with former players on this hoard, but I'd go for Sam McCallum, not been the same since he left and probably not too expensive now and he'd fit well into this side.

Probably time to let Julian Gray go too.

Meant to mention Sam McC - I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Yank

Decent amount of free transfers to be had out there, though sure a lot of other clubs will be able to offer better wages than we can. In general though, I think we need to look for a replacement for Vic or at least a more viable alternative to him to come on, and some help defensively.

Always say don't count your eggs before they hatch lol, but hypothetically say we do finish the season strong and go up through the playoffs, that is another squad discussion all together.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ffs. Really? He played for us 4 seasons ago in league one aged 21 and has failed through form and injury in the championship, in the 3 subsequent seasons he has made just 16 league appearances and 2 FA Cup appearances. His is now 25 and will turn 26 in September. I don't care how well he did for us in league one, we shouldn't touch him with the proverbial barge pole.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Swansea away coming up ..... we'll se how he copes against Hamer and co.

mmttww

If he has a few good games before the end of the season and stays fit, I'd keep Dabo and try to find someone better for him to back up or rotate with.

McNally, loan or perm, would be top of my list. Two other CBs whether Rose sticks around or not. Need numbers there as the back 3 is here to stay.

Assuming O'Hare and Hamer stay, I don't think we need much in midfield. I'd want Burroughs, Eccles and Howley as backups at CDM or CAM.

I don't watch enough football away from CCFC to know who we'd go for at RWB, LWB or up front. I just want to see perm signings in those positions.

Yank

Just looking at the top Championship free agents this Summer according to Championship - End of contract 2023

Any of interest?

I particular think both Ogbene and Ryan Manning would fit in nicely here, but maybe want too much money?

Winny the Bish

Just looking at the top Championship free agents this Summer according to Championship - End of contract 2023

Any of interest?

I particular think both Ogbene and Ryan Manning would fit in nicely here, but maybe want too much money?
Ogbene would be a good one. Could play RWB, behind the striker or up front.

Always thought Kieran Dowell was a good player. Another option to beef up attacking midfield.

Yank

Ogbene would be a good one. Could play RWB, behind the striker or up front.
That was my thinking also. See no way that Rotherham will be able to keep him(Would have resigned him by now imo) but if we don't get promoted, could see one or two of the teams that do taking a go at him. Would be a fantastic pickup though.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Tiehi and Keane looked good for Wigan the other night, but some other players that have caught my eyes over the season are :
Joseph Hungbo
Cohen Bramall
Wes Harding
Chiedozie Ogbene *
Cedric Kipre *
Ilias Chair
Ryan Manning *
Joel Piroe
Yakou Meite *
Jean Michael Seri
Andreas Weimann
Anthony Patterson
Bambou Diaby
Alan Browne
Jeremy Ngakia *
Ken Sema
Thomas Kaminski
Bradley Dack
Elijah Adebayo *
Max Lowe
Luke McNally *
Callum Doyle

of those who I would sign that I think is within reach of the club I put an asterisk (*) next to it

no_loyalty

I’d go for Lucas João who is out of contract in June, not had the best of seasons but has good Championship pedigree.

mmttww

Do people think Wilson's good enough for a run at the playoffs next season?

Does anyone know if any of the U21s are rated highly and could be backup?

shmmeee

Dream window:

GK: Moore out, new GK in. Maybe someone like the Rotherham keeper or that Etienne Green SaddleBrains is always linking to us.

CB: Keep Rose for another year or two, sign McNally permanently, Doyle on another season long loan, and a younger CB to provide cover and bring through under Fadz.

RWB: Let Dabo and Kane go. Have Eccles and Burroughs backup to a new RWB who gives us something going forwards.

LWB: Bidwell and a new LWB.

CM: Sheaf, Eccles, Howley, and two new CMs who can play the Hamer role.

AM: O’Hare, Palmer, Allen and probably one on loan

ST: Godden, then two new strikers, one probably on loan.

That’s assuming Vik and Gus go, if not then swap out a CM and ST for them.

That’s 6/8 signings, three loans, squad of 23 who can compete. 10/12 out plus the five loans (Moore, Reid, Tavares and the out of contracts off the books). Seems doable if a bit of investment or a good fee is there.

napolimp

Not sure about all this moving Dabo on. I'd think ideally you would want your starting 11, and then a back-up in each position who can do a job. Wouldn't Dabo be that ideal candidate at RWB? Clearly happy to be a squad player, knows the system and the club, well-liked in the camp, most importantly already on the books.

slowpoke

My betting is Robins has two lists in his top drawer one championship, one premier some wannabees might be on both.
Depends on if Derby get promoted but they have two or three good young players
Eiren Cashin is one possibly played with McNally for Eire and Louie Sibley left sided who can play LWB or midfield.
All going to depend on how much wonga we have to invest.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Really hoping we would go for Michael Cooper the Plymouth Goalkeeper but he's recently ruptured his cruciate ligament so that's a non starter now.

McNally has to be one of the main targets in central defence. Ronnie Edwards CB at Peterborough attracted a lot of interest in Jan, England youth international would plug a fairly wide gap being left in our defence come the end of the season.

Always like the look of Danny McNamara RWB at Millwall, if we have any money to spend from Vik leaving and Adebayo from Luton would be a handy replacement for Vik if/when he does go.

Going to be a hell of a summer transfer window that's for sure just hope we come out of it with a lot stronger, deeper group of players.

Users who are viewing this thread