Tim Fisher rang me last night (1 Viewer)

luwalla

I do not have a wife, I'm 22 thats the last thing I need.

That is what I thought as well with regards to him contacting me, I thought he was going to be ringing others as well

to be fair, you sent dan an email asking him to forward the email to SISU.. dan being the 5 star employee that he is, duly carried out your request.. at which point Tim Fisher had two choices, totally ignore your email , or reply to it.. so he got on the phone to respond

so i guess the question should actually be, did anyone else send an additional follow up email, asking for their email to be forwarded on .. and then not receive a call from Timothy ?

skybluebeduff

I f he gives you a choose to take either the Red pill or Blue pill, take the Blue ;)

I imagine he's contacted quite a few then but still Early in the day for everyone to see this thread.

A question you could ask him from me, "how will the JSB membership work if we move ground" ? Cheers. ;)

NorthernWisdom

to be fair, you sent dan an email asking him to forward the email to SISU.. dan being the 5 star employee that he is, duly carried out your request.. at which point Tim Fisher had two choices, totally ignore your email , or reply to it.. so he got on the phone to respond

so i guess the question should actually be, did anyone else send an additional follow up email, asking for their email to be forwarded on .. and then not receive a call from Timothy ?

And how many will now spam him hoping for the same?

torchomatic

No different from the Hoff getting in touch with Lord, is it?

Danny

I f he gives you a choose to take either the Red pill or Blue pill, take the Blue ;)

I imagine he's contacted quite a few then but still Early in the day for everyone to see this thread.

A question you could ask him from me, "how will the JSB membership work if we move ground" ? Cheers. ;)

Will do mate

dongonzalos

I answered that I would not attend
When they asked why I would not, I said because they are not trying to find an alternative within the city, if you take Coventry City out of the Coventry then it no longer is Coventry (if that makes sense) if you were to do this then I think you are a disgrace but i would also think the football league are an even bigger disgrace for allowing you to move from the city.

In regards to what could change my mind I simply answered with "nothing"

I have been a member on here for a couple of years, whilst I was at uni studying Journalism I used to do blog posts on the city and post them up on here and got some real good feedback, I view the forum every day but just for some reason i do not post so much anymore.

What did you answer Don if you do not mind me asking?

Taking Coventry out of Coventry and Warwickshire makes it no longer Coventry.

Unfortunately you have broken the fans trust on so many occasions that to ask them to back you to move their club possibly 20-40 miles away on the promise that you are building another stadium in a city that doesn't need one beggars belief.

The only way you could win back fans trust would be to go ahead with purchasing half of ACL and proving to the council over several years that bringing success and stability to the football club is part of your long term exit strategy.

Only then could I imagine that the council would begin to regain trust and possibly relinquish their share. Then you could sell the whole package.

You must stop insulting the fans intelligence with the concept of a unviable new stadium option. Unless you pay 15 million up front towards its development. If you were to do that you may as well buy ACL.

( it was words to that effect)

Glad he rang you. Maybe it was as a result of the email as oppose to answering the survey.

Whatever his intentions I respect him phoning people.

I take it he didn't convince you of his plan?

Last edited:

Danny

Taking Coventry out of Coventry and Warwickshire makes it no longer Coventry.

Unfortunately you have broken the fans trust on so many occasions that to ask them to back you to move their club possibly 20-40 miles away on the promise that you are building another stadium in a city that doesn't need one beggars belief.

The only way you could win back fans trust would be to go ahead with purchasing half of ACL and proving to the council over several years that bringing success and stability to the football club is part of your long term exit strategy.

Only then could I imagine that the council would begin to regain trust and possibly relinquish their share. Then you could sell the whole package.

You must stop insulting the fans intelligence with the concept of a unviable new stadium option. Unless you pay 15 million up front towards its development. If you were to do that you may as well buy ACL.

( it was words to that effect)

Glad he rang you. Maybe it was as a result of the email as oppose to answering the survey.

Whatever his intentions I respect him phoning people.

I take it he didn't convince you of his plan?

He has not told me his plan. I had a miss call on my phone rang back and asked who it was and he said its Tim Fisher, I said yeah course mate who is it really, turns out it was him, said he read my email could he meet me, I said yes and if everything goes to plan I should be meeting him for coffee as he suggested a week on saturday. do not know where though yet but said he will answer all my questions and he wants to apologise

dongonzalos

He has not told me his plan. I had a miss call on my phone rang back and asked who it was and he said its Tim Fisher, I said yeah course mate who is it really, turns out it was him, said he read my email could he meet me, I said yes and if everything goes to plan I should be meeting him for coffee as he suggested a week on saturday. do not know where though yet but said he will answer all my questions and he wants to apologise

Fair play, meet him.

Make the most of it and come prepared with a few questions written down so you don't waste the chance.

Make sure he buys the coffee and don't tell us where the meeting is beforehand :)

torchomatic

If he says he'll pay for coffee, ask him what the terms are.

Danny

Fair play, meet him.

Make the most of it and come prepared with a few questions written down so you don't waste the chance.

Make sure he buys the coffee and don't tell us where the meeting is beforehand :)

I have started writing questions up because like you say I do not want to waste the opportunity and that is why I have posted to get more questions

Godiva

You could ask:

- Please explain in detail what in your opinion the owners, past boards and the current board have done wrong the past 5½ years.
- Did you, the board or sisu plan - either alone or jointly with members of the council - to distress ACL?
- Did the club ask ACL for a rent reduction prior to going on rent strike?
- Why don't you sign up on SBT forum and have an ongoing direct dialog with the fans ... like PWKH from ACL?
- Was relegation to League 1 intentional?
- Is Joy Seppala acting hands on as a director at the club?
- You said last summer that a large part of all debts to the sisu funds had been written off - can you confirm it has actually happened?
- Will it be possible to ask questions at the upcoming forum - and if so, will they have to be revealed to you in advance so you can cherry pick between them?

RoboCCFC90

I heard he used his hand ;)

But someone else said he used his head and that it was a gaping goal mouth scramble ;)

I think he was diving in with his head pulled out because he wouldn't of made the desired contcact ;)

Maybe he has the hand of god.. ;) ??

Godiva

You could ask:

- Please explain in detail what in your opinion the owners, past boards and the current board have done wrong the past 5½ years.
- Did you, the board or sisu plan - either alone or jointly with members of the council - to distress ACL?
- Did the club ask ACL for a rent reduction prior to going on rent strike?
- Why don't you sign up on SBT forum and have an ongoing direct dialog with the fans ... like PWKH from ACL?
- Was relegation to League 1 intentional?
- Is Joy Seppala acting hands on as a director at the club?
- You said last summer that a large part of all debts to the sisu funds had been written off - can you confirm it has actually happened?
- Will it be possible to ask questions at the upcoming forum - and if so, will they have to be revealed to you in advance so you can cherry pick between them?

One more:
- Providing Holding is given the Golden Share, how soon do you expect the club can exit administration?

Sky Blue Dal

No point in asking any questions to be honest Danny, you can't believe a word the bloke saysl

Agree ... use your quality time to good use.

Do something more constructive with your misses Danny, like taking your good lady out shopping and let her go wild with your credit card..... At least towards the end of the night you get more than what you bargained for. I can't see that happening with Timmy Fisher.

You know it makes sense.;) Save your energy!!

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Suspect if you want questions asked PM them as any old person can see them on here and give a nudge to TF.

Nonleagueherewecome

Stand him up. If he calls you back complaining that you had an agreement to meet up, enjoy the moment.

More touché than Touché Turtle, a being so named because he was the very embodiment of the word.

ricohroar

Arrange a time and place and let us all know. I'm sure he'd welcome us all turning up for a little chat :pimp:

J

Jack Griffin

Questions about moving ground are not relevant, the fan base does not want to move.. ask him why he is going against the wishes of the ticket buyers who they need to finance the club weekly.. sheer stupidity..

NorthernWisdom

Questions about moving ground are not relevant, the fan base does not want to move.. ask him why he is going against the wishes of the ticket buyers who they need to finance the club weekly.. sheer stupidity..

I'd say it's very relevant if he can point to actual physical plans to move back.

As dogon's questions hinted, it's hard to believe there really are any plans and it isn't just a negotiating tactic.

To own its own stadium in 2 years time I'd actually accept them moving out, but that's not going to happen.

If he'd like to take us on a guided tour to where the steel and bricks are going up as we speak however, I might be persuaded. I think it's safe to say he can't do that though, but it needs to be confirmed.

skyblueref

Arrange a time and place and let us all know. I'm sure he'd welcome us all turning up for a little chat :pimp:
That wouldn't solve any problems would it? If a load of fans turned up to a private meeting then no questions are going to be answered. Truthfully or not :whistle:

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

skybluericoh

I filled out the survey earlier today, but I've not had a call:slap: On the Q that asks if I would be prepared to travel outside the city for home games I said 'no, but my intention is to go to every away game next season provided there is an outlet for tickets' on the Q that asked if there was anything that would change my mind i simply put 'yes'. I'll keep my phone charged and ready for timmy's call. But I won't be hold my breath:welcome::blue:

Skyblueweeman

He graduated from the same accounting school as Ray Ranson, with other famous alumni such as Fred Goodwin and Kerry Katona.

I didn't read the full Telegraph article this afternoon after the news broke about no news, but sure I saw something about Appleton having 6 months to look into the dealings of past and present directors, including Messrs Ranson, Hofman and Elliott.

Should make interesting reading that one. I was (mistakenly) a fan of Ranson so it'll be interesting to see how wrong I was. Not only that, it'll be interesting to see the findings into GH and JE and how that might affect fans perceptions of a Haskell takeover bid....

WM

lordsummerisle

I didn't read the full Telegraph article this afternoon after the news broke about no news, but sure I saw something about Appleton having 6 months to look into the dealings of past and present directors, including Messrs Ranson, Hofman and Elliott.

Should make interesting reading that one. I was (mistakenly) a fan of Ranson so it'll be interesting to see how wrong I was. Not only that, it'll be interesting to see the findings into GH and JE and how that might affect fans perceptions of a Haskell takeover bid....

WM

Be nice if it could all go back about 15 years to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread