Time to get behind the team (1 Viewer)

cov soul

We played well today. Lots of passion
How about an amnesty for a few weeks. No negative shit against the owners and support the team
Who knows where it may take us.
PUSB.
No marches, no NOPM, no negativity. Just support MV and the team.
Let's get a couple of 15k gates and see where the positivity takes us.
Sign below if you are up for it. You know it makes sense !!!
no get the owners out

Brylowes

No so sure about that anymore many have turned their backs on the club for good or at least whilst the current owners are here. once they find better things to do with their Saturday's or Tuesday's that's it . finito !
But that's just it, if the team are doing well and the club are striving for success
At what ever level they're at, the supporters are galvanised and always looking
Forward to the next game and creating a genuine atmosphere.
Then there is nothing better too do on a Saturday and Tuesday, sadly we are a
Million miles away from that scenario.

letsallsingtogether

Fans will come when there's a product on the pitch. So it has always been. Instead of whining we aren't getting them now at the arse end of L1 we should take comfort knowing there's a steady supply should we ever find success of any sort.
How do we get people to attend any event I'd they don't want to.
It just like a boycott how do you get them to stay out of that don't want to?

Keep hearing this get them to fill it but how.
You can't give tickets away let alone get them to buy them........
Just ask Wasps they have the same problem.

clint van damme

The club was formed in 1883 mate, was it sisu then?
They are just the current owners/custodians call them what you will they are not the club.
They're not our first owners and hopefully they won't be the last though they are quite probably the worse, (run close by Richardson and co), but they are not the club.
I have supported the club for 40 years, I continue to support them, I don't support sisu.

NorthernWisdom

How do we get people to attend any event I'd they don't want to.
It just like a boycott how do you get them to stay out of that don't want to?

Keep hearing this get them to fill it but how.
You can't give tickets away let alone get them to buy them........
Just ask Wasps they have the same problem.

Probably worth the debate, actually.

If we buy that a high attendance could send a message, it'd be well worth asking how to actually achieve that. Otherwise yes, it'll just look like we had a sunny day/the Corrie Omnibus wasn't all that, so we got an extra thousand on the gate!

Sky Blue Kid

The club was formed in 1883 mate, was it sisu then?
They are just the current owners/custodians call them what you will they are not the club.
They're not our first owners and hopefully they won't be the last though they are quite probably the worse, (run close by Richardson and co), but they are not the club.
I have supported the club for 40 years, I continue to support them, I don't support sisu.

They could also be our Funeral directors too mate :(

Bob Latchford

Exactly .

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

January is key for me.

Recruit well in January and maybe we can have a real stab at it.

Think we'd have to be within 6 or 7 points of top 6 to do that though.
agree

Cb and cm and we agreed good to go? maybe right back backup for sterry
In the nine years that SISU have been here when have they done that in the January transfer window ,
So what's different this time ?
with attendances down from last season I think they will Sell because that's what SISU do .

letsallsingtogether

Probably worth the debate, actually.

If we buy that a high attendance could send a message, it'd be well worth asking how to actually achieve that. Otherwise yes, it'll just look like we had a sunny day/the Corrie Omnibus wasn't all that, so we got an extra thousand on the gate!
We have debated it.
And we will be giving it a go.
Like I said before we have only just started.

covcity4life

In the nine years that SISU have been here when have they done that in the January transfer window ,
with attendances down from last season I think they will Sell because that's what SISU do .

Well last year they kept Armstrong and added benefit Turner who if not injured may have led us to promotion

Although could be argued.maddison wasn't same player on loan

Hopefully no sales this Jan I agree. unless someone offers 400k for willis

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Well last year they kept Armstrong and added benefit Turner who if not injured may have led us to promotion

Sorry but if Ben Turner had not got injured he'd gone back to Cardiff .

letsallsingtogether

Another one who's happy to let out players go on the cheap and then watch us struggle.
Got to keep Willis.

stupot07

Sorry but if Ben Turner had not got injured he'd gone back to Cardiff .
Yep, very true. Was only coming on a short term to get fit. Their centre half got injured in the Friday night game, the night before Turner got injured so he was going to be recalled had he not gotten injured.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tim07

We played well today. Lots of passion
How about an amnesty for a few weeks. No negative shit against the owners and support the team
Who knows where it may take us.
PUSB.
No marches, no NOPM, no negativity. Just support MV and the team.
Let's get a couple of 15k gates and see where the positivity takes us.
Sign below if you are up for it. You know it makes sense !!!
Support the team? Absolutely.

No negative shit.... WOT? And carry on sleepwalking?

Don't let a few hard earned points get between us and the real problem.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON.... #SISUOUT

Fishy Tim ~TYFO

Irish Sky Blue

If we get into the top six it'll die a death anyway.

Don't think it will this time, vast majority of City fans want Sisu out. Support for the team over the past view games has been good but the anti Sisu feeling has not diminished despite better results. I hope results continue to be positive but I also hope that the pressure on our owners continues. The mess our club is in goes way beyond what the team does.

Brylowes

Keeping Willis is very important of course, but Stevenson's performances Must be
catching a lot of eyes, make no mistake if offers are made for one or both of them
And SISU see the offers as OK, they'll be gone.

georgehudson

Coventry City fans will always get behind the team, when people ask you 'which team do you support' CCFC fans will always say Coventry City.
If the squad is reduced/affected in any way in January, all it will do, imho, is harden the current resolve of 99% of CCFC fans, that, in the opinion of that 99% the current custodians are neither fit or capable of running the club, which would mean that they would do whatever they can to rid the club of such persons/companies.
To recruit & encourage ineptitude, with the like of Bosco, Bradley, Clarke, Dulieu, Clouting, Igwe, Labowic, etc., etc., is imho, a recipe for disaster.

Paxman II

The only way I see SISU leaving is by bringing some success on the pitch with a promotion at least. Increased crowds and increased income will make us an asset to an investor. As it is we look less likely to attract said investor. So try fill the stadium as much as we can. The atmosphere should be worth plenty of extra points. Think of it as reverse psychology. ;)

tim07

The only way I see SISU leaving is by bringing some success on the pitch with a promotion at least. Increased crowds and increased income will make us an asset to an investor. As it is we look less likely to attract said investor. So try fill the stadium as much as we can. The atmosphere should be worth plenty of extra points. Think of it as reverse psychology. ;)
SISU 'claim' to have invested £60 (no, I know it's actually nothing like this) to date.

They also claim our turnover is less than £2m pa.

And they have a debenture charge laid on our assets.

By what factor do you suppose our gates would have to increase for them to go away?

Perhaps we can get 30k every home game until our lease expires, encouraging SISU to build a new and bigger stadium.

And they won't charge the football club > £1.4m per season to play there.

Perhaps they'll give the football club a 250 year lease, maybe even the freehold on the land it's built on.

Anyone know who Charlton's flying pig supplier is?

Fishy Tim ~TYFO

ccfchoi87

From January 1st onwards last season we signed 8 players and loaned in 3 (including Maddison). This is not including Jodi Jones who we actually paid money for but was only signed properly right at the end of the season. We also managed to keep Adam Armstrong. I wouldn't complain that January was sisu's fault, more the fault of a manager obsessed with changing a winning team and replacing them with a bunch of OAP's. If we sign another 8 players this year and 3 more loans, as long as 5/6 them are good we should be okay. Unlike last year when probably 2/3 of them were any good.

covhead1

CCFC are Otium Entertainment who are part of sisu you tell me the difference ?

Errrr.......dunno.

But my point is that i can seperate my support for CCFC and my hatered of sisu.
The sooner sisu leave the better but i'll always love City.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

From January 1st onwards last season we signed 8 players and loaned in 3 (including Maddison). This is not including Jodi Jones who we actually paid money for but was only signed properly right at the end of the season. We also managed to keep Adam Armstrong. I wouldn't complain that January was sisu's fault, more the fault of a manager obsessed with changing a winning team and replacing them with a bunch of OAP's. If we sign another 8 players this year and 3 more loans, as long as 5/6 them are good we should be okay. Unlike last year when probably 2/3 of them were any good.
So your saying that it's the Managers fault ? and the Manager was Tony Mowbray !!!

Don't tell Cov City 4 life . ;)

ccfchoi87

So your saying that it's the Managers fault ? and the Manager was Tony Mowbray !!!

Don't tell Cov City 4 life . ;)

Yes completely mowbray's fault, it is also his fault that we hadn't won in 10 games. However sisu can be blamed for not sacking him last season when the feels began to fall off, especially with his track record of bottling it after Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread