TM on his way ?? (1 Viewer)

according to the Daily Mail (page 77) TM is on his bike irrespective of outcome on Sunday !!

skybluepm2

according to the Daily Mail (page 77) TM is on his bike irrespective of outcome on Sunday !!

He has been saying all of the right things of late without going as far as setting it in stone that he will be signing a longer deal. However, I really do fear the worst and will be gutted if we don't have him at the helm come August either in League 1 or League 2.

How much detail did the Mail go into Jonnie?

bringbackrattles

Let's be honest if we go down do we give a toss who the manager will be next season as most of us will have lost the will to live by then !

He has been saying all of the right things of late without going as far as setting it in stone that he will be signing a longer deal. However, I really do fear the worst and will be gutted if we don't have him at the helm come August either in League 1 or League 2.

How much detail did the Mail go into Jonnie?

"Coventry still need a point at Crawley on the final day to be certain of survival , but either way it's likely they will be looking for a new manager. Temporary boss Tony Mowbray turned on his team after the 3-1 home defeat by Crewe and the former Middlesbrough boss who is only contracted until the end of Sunday's game, has told friends he'll be back home in the North East next day"

matesx

....has told friends he'll be back home in the North East next day"

utter bollocks

LB87ccfc

....has told friends he'll be back home in the North East next day to have a good old chatter, a cup of tea and order a chinese with them.

utter bollocks

No news story here to be fair, he resides up in the north east and is free to do what he pleases the next day with no training taking place so hes told friends to find that telephone number again for that chinky that does the cracking cantonese style sweet and sour chicken as hes craving it.

AndreasB

Maybe its just his style but there is nothing I have heard or read from him that gives me any confidence he is going to stay after next weekend - regardless of whether we stay up or not.
Again, he might be just a miserable git generally but every interview with him seems like being at Coventry is a chore with no sense he is enjoying it.

Captain Dart

....has told friends he'll be back home in the North East next day"

utter bollocks

I reckon he deserves a holiday and a bit of family time whatever happens.

Chipfat

Would any of us be shocked if he did in fact walk away.. He knows unless major changes happen this summer, surviving Sunday will just be denying the inevitable outcome next season.. If we go down he will be gone anyways,, i really don't think it matters in the long run,, we need stability off the field before looking at on field structure. No matter who is in charge we as a club will struggle with how it's ran..

The managers are just told to get on with what they have and what they are given,, sacked if they fail, used an excuse by SW to why the club is in trouble... I can tell SW one thing you sell 70 goals in Clarke, Wilson, Baker and Moussa and bring in 12 players who between them struggle to score 20 you are going to find it hard to compete in any league no matter if Alex ferguson was at the helm...Lets see what TM does but my feeling after Saturday is even if we stay up he will want a massive clear out and build around certain players...

Last edited:

Monners

I suspect that he will leave regardless of the outcome on Sunday. Unless there is a strategic way forward for the Club and squad with a view to being promoted then he will go. And there is no evidence in the slightest.

Well done on recruiting him, at least it has given us a chance to stay up ... but then what?

LB87ccfc

I suspect that he will leave regardless of the outcome on Sunday. Unless there is a strategic way forward for the Club and squad with a view to being promoted then he will go. And there is no evidence in the slightest.

Well done on recruiting him, at least it has given us a chance to stay up ... but then what?[/QUOTE]

Darren Ferguson wants a job before pre season starts..:facepalm:

Monners

Well done on recruiting him, at least it has given us a chance to stay up ... but then what?[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, that was my point. They got him in the door - and then appear to have no plan to move forward. It's no wonder tha tthe fans are deserting in droves.

Darren Ferguson wants a job before pre season starts..:facepalm:

standupforcity

Maybe its just his style but there is nothing I have heard or read from him that gives me any confidence he is going to stay after next weekend - regardless of whether we stay up or not.
Again, he might be just a miserable git generally but every interview with him seems like being at Coventry is a chore with no sense he is enjoying it.

I don't think you've been listening properly....

Chipfat

I agree plasters are being used to cover the cracks, massive, massive problems,, sooner or later the wall will come down and what is left will be hard to build back up.. Not impossible to do but hard and long process will have to take place,, fan involvement is needed and more than 1 plan to take us forward...No quick fixes build broken relationships, start transparency on ownership and get us back to having a strong structure with a policy of getting on field issues right in a time frame that enables the club to grow...

Massive potential in this club just have the wrong captain in SW and wrong Owners..

duffer

At the SCG, Mr Waggot said that they would open negotiations with him as soon as we were safe.

If you think he's the right man for the job, why wouldn't you negotiate now with contingencies for whether we stay up or go down?

We've had this kind of rubbish before from SW, with players like Murphy who might have stayed had the club been a bit quicker to talk to him. It is, as with most things SISU, piss-poor planning...

Users who are viewing this thread