Todays Games (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Notice akinfenwa failed to make the Wycombe squad. Manager in talking bollocks shock horror

Otis

I cannot believe that Swindon and Mansfield are even still in contention, they have both been so poor and inconsistent. Neither of them seem able to buy a win.
Swindon aren't. They are done and cannot now reach the top 7.

Covstu

Lincoln’s late winner was a shame but really emphasises the importance of Tuesday nights game. That game is huge now!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Well done Luton. ....nice to see .

Their fans have suffered more than us.....

Disagree with this.

Yes Luton fans had hard time, worse than Coventry? No not true.

We're Luton in top flight for 34 years and playing now in level 4?

Is Luton 9th or so biggest City in England and playing in level 4?

Have Luton been moved to another location for commercial interests by their owners?

Have they lost out on top stadium build for them only to have lost that because if their owners?

Are Luton under an ongoing cloud due to court cases that drag on for years?

Do Luton have a set of owners where success on pitch is far from being a priority?

Do Luton have a set if owners that are ambivalent to league position and level of league?

Yes have hard times, double relegation and admin and played in non league and dreadful stadium.

Have Luton had harder times based on their relative position in football hierarchy than Coventry?

Simple answer is NO.

Incidentally, lived in Luton for 4 montgs in 2007 near to ground. No axe to grind at all against them.

Just pointing out a lot ,lot , lot worse for Coventry City supporters. I challenge anyone to say their club have had it worse.

sylus

Disagree with this.

Have Luton been moved to another location for commercial interests by their owners?

Have they lost out on top stadium build for them only to have lost that because if their owners?

Do Luton have a set of owners where success on pitch is far from being a priority?

Do Luton have a set if owners that are ambivalent to league position and level of league?

Yes have hard times, double relegation and admin and played in non league and dreadful stadium.

Have Luton had harder times based on their relative position in football hierarchy than Coventry?

Simple answer is NO.

Incidentally, lived in Luton for 4 montgs in 2007 near to ground. No axe to bring against them.

Just pointing out a lot lot lot worse for Coventry City supporters.

i see you like luton then..

oucho

Disagree with this.

Simple answer is NO.

Incidentally, lived in Luton for 4 montgs in 2007 near to ground. No axe to grind at all against them.

Just pointing out a lot ,lot , lot worse for Coventry City supporters. I challenge anyone to say their club have had it worse.

Fucking hell that's the most eloquent post I've ever read on this forum. I'll have what you're having!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Disagree with this.

Simple answer is NO.

Good post.....but luton are a comparable club to us historically, and purely in football terms they have fallen further and faster....from cup winning top flight side to non-league.....

Perhaps I should have said they've suffered as much.....

Last edited:

Otis

Just looked again. Would be surprised if that is overturned.

It was quite soft, but he's definitly pulling the attacker back and the player looked like he would have been clean on goal.

Won't he get a longer suspension if they fail in the appeal?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Fucking hell that's the most eloquent post I've ever read on this forum. I'll have what you're having!

Thanks Oucho. Best feedback I've had since an essay in English (never a strong point I have to say) back in school days around 78. I'm very grateful. I'm a bitter man BTW , not just because of SISU!

The Great Eastern

It was quite soft, but he's definitly pulling the attacker back and the player looked like he would have been clean on goal.

I'm guessing it wont get overturned but all depends when his hearing would be. He may well get to play Tuesday then miss other game(s)

Otis

I'm guessing it wont get overturned but all depends when his hearing would be. He may well get to play Tuesday then miss other game(s)
Yes, fair point. Unfair if that's the case, but can understand they probably cannot judge it in time.

If he does play though and the red stands he then obviously shouldn't have been playing in our game.

The Great Eastern

Yes, fair point. Unfair if that's the case, but can understand they probably cannot judge it in time.

If he does play though and the red stands he then obviously shouldn't have been playing in our game.
Otis. I reckon we would do exactly the same given similar circumstances. However, they run the risk of not having Bostwick for at least one of the play off games.

Otis

Otis. I reckon we would do exactly the same given similar circumstances. However, they run the risk of not having Bostwick for at least one of the play off games.
Yeah, I'm sure we would.

They really need to get a system in place though whereby reviews are carried out immediately. In this case, either tomorrow or Tuesday morning.

No player should be able to play the next game after they have been sent off unless a review has occurred.

Mucca Mad Boys

Just a guess, but if he’s an important player for them, their line of thinking will be to get him available for us. From their point of view, I’d say a win against us is more important than Accrington or Yeovil (their remaining fixtures). They win against us and they’re 6pts ahead of Mansfield and playoffs all but secured. The same applies to us, it’s such an important game — both teams would take a draw I feel.

Warwickhunt

I would think that the EFL will look at at this appeal in a view that they are trying to keep Bostwick available for the game against us and would like to think they would rush it through and ban him for 4 games.

Ian1779

Disagree with this.

Simple answer is NO.

Reckon Luton has a more supportive council.

That said Mordor probably has a better council than we do.

Reactions: vow

ps1948

Would loveto go back in time and be amongst the Yevoil fans on their coaches back home after beating us, There must have been loads of talk of how next season they will be chasing promotion and how they are now going to smash everyone who comes their way. They must have thought their team to be world beaters.

Now it is abundantly clear just how poor we were on that day.

Otis, we were poor against Yeovil, of that there is no doubt, but it was also the day when everything that could go wrong did for us, and everything that could go right did for them.
As you and several others have said, the table doesn't lie, and they are currently entrenched in the bottom half.
That game was (hopefully) a one-off nightmare. The Yeovil fans who were here will by now be reflecting that the game against us was the best they have played all season, and they should be doing better, just as we would look at Luton away, or Notts Co at home in a similar way.

smileycov

Facebook User

been overturned, he plays tonight.

SkyblueBri

been overturned, he plays tonight.
Not according to FA web site, unless you know something else?
Participant Description Suspension Type Start End Games Matches Left

Michael Bostwick Goal-Scoring Opp - Law 12 S5 FA First Team 21.04.2018 24.04.2018 1

smileycov

Facebook User
Not according to FA web site, unless you know something else?
Participant Description Suspension Type Start End Games Matches Left

Michael Bostwick Goal-Scoring Opp - Law 12 S5 FA First Team 21.04.2018 24.04.2018 1
Lincoln Club have announced it has won the appeal, will be confirmed later.

Sky Blue Harry H

Have they?

Can only see a fan saying so. Nothing at all on their offal.

Yep - think the club are playing mind games with us. If their club is notified of a successful appeal. or if it is turned down, do they have to announce it, or do the Football League make a formal announcement?

ccfchoi87

Yep - think the club are playing mind games with us. If their club is notified of a successful appeal. or if it is turned down, do they have to announce it, or do the Football League make a formal announcement?

I would imagine there is some sort of FA intranet and city could have access to the result of the appeal. Hopefully Robins isn't bothered either way. We will have prepared as if he was available anyway and his replacement is just as good.

steve82

Imagine too many mind games being played and a fuck up with clearance to play Bostwick tonight and being deducted 3pts giving us a place in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Disagree with this.

We're Luton in top flight for 34 years and playing now in level 4? .

So what?

Is Luton 9th or so biggest City in England and playing in level 4? .

Size of city is meaningless.

Fair comment

...and the local council

I'll grant you that one

That one too

Don't think that's true.

Simple answer is NO.

Grendel

Disagree with this.

Simple answer is NO.

I don’t think you are really equating relevant circumstances.

The owners at the time of Luton’s demise committed serious offences which had huge implications on the football club and the fans suffered immensely.

They have spent around 20 seasons as a top flight team and had an F A Cup appearance.

The actions of prior regimes meant they lost league status and Luton have always been traditionally a club in the top 2 leagues with some heritage.

Losing out on a stadium is a moot point. I know nothing about Luton and it’s county council. If it had Ann Lucas in charge and a 30,000 stadium with Wasps not too far away I’d have been rather worried for them.

The 9th biggest city is just odd. Bradford is far bigger so have they suffered more?

fernandopartridge

Disagree with this.

Simple answer is NO.

What a load of self indulgent shite

Users who are viewing this thread