Tom Bayliss (2 Viewers)

gspotgaz

He’s played about 5 games! He does the look the real deal in fairness but football is nuts nowadays the way it works.

wingy

I just hope he has a better advisor than a few other youngsters which have come and gone. But money talks in football, his beat bet would be to stay and develop, very good prospect but not the finished article and needs games under his belt.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
It will be a few peaks and troughs but all that he's showing now was evident three years ago against his peer group V Arsenal.
He just Seems to
glide around

steve82

Is it right he’s out of contract in the summer ?

Believe so and worse case is he goes for a development fee as he's under 24. Thats a lottery tho as to what you could get and not a patch on what you could sell and deal at if he was tied to a contract

wingy

Is it right he’s out of contract in the summer ?
Apparently.
I was doing a bit of conspiracy theory while breaking my back at work today and I did wonder If MR's comments around ignoring /overiding the view of the other coaches may have really been more from the boardroom.

wingy

he's played 8 games ! We could do with getting him to signing a contract
Well two have come in, most would seem to like one more, but if this and whatever pot comes next through tonights draw, you would think there should be enough to offer a tempting deal possibly half of what he'd get for U23 Prem football or loaned out, including a get out If promotions don't materialise say in 18months.

shmmeee

He’s played about 5 games! He does the look the real deal in fairness but football is nuts nowadays the way it works.

They’ll have been watching him since A u16s probably. These days every 5 year old who can kick a ball has a YouTube vid and an agent.

If I was Bayliss I’d be calling the likes of Madders and Thomas for advice. Personally I’d go for fighting for a place in a championship club over sitting in a Prems U23s, but luckily for him he can sound out both possibilities.

rupert_bear

Weren't Tottenham watching him before he had even played a game?
Scouts continually monitor individuals, kids as young as 10/11 get themselves little reputations then they are kept an eye on, I’d put money on the likes of George Thomas, Stevenson, Maddison, the kid who went Man United probably Baylis too there will be others will have been spotted and monitored for a few years and while we are in the bottom divisions we will lose players to the bigger clubs, unfortunately there are three divisions and 65 clubs above us probably all paying higher wages too. A Derby scout is a regular at the Higgs he’s well known and doesn’t hide away or anything..Nothing can really be done about it to me it just means a lot of time and work is put in for other clubs to snatch starlets cheaply.

NortonSkyBlue

Similar , but Tom Bayliss is not afraid to get stuck in and tackle !!!
Dennis Mortimer was a leading midfielder of his generation, Captain of league champions and European Cup winners. He lacked a little pace, could tackle and forage in the heart of midfield, not a goalscorer by any means but his passing was first rate. Of todays players Michael Doyle is the most similar but without the end product of Mortimer.
Bayliss has shown some promise, looks like he has a trick up his sleeve but I don't see him as a similar player to Mortimer, he is a box to box player with pace. I have high hopes for Tom.

Chipfat

The reference to Bigi is uncanny, as that same path maybe one that he has the option to follow. How he as a player ends up will be determined by the players talent, desire and his ability to find the best financial adviser he can afford.

larry_david

I'm hoping for a bayliss contract extension news bulletin before the end of Jan... We won't get one but I'm hoping for one

Hobo

Weren't Tottenham watching him before he had even played a game?

I doubt they are alone. What have clubs got to lose by watching players? It would be stupid if they didn't.

wingy

I'm probably all over the place here but am curious as to peoples opinion as to who he's similar to be it current or past.
I'll throw in Charlie George!!

Captain Dart

I know it's early days in Tom Bayliss career but I'd say Willie Carr .
Dunno, Willie was never a physical player, he was and remains slight of stature and mainly popped up in the right place at the right time, Here is some of his good moments.
Willie Carr Coventry City
But look at Bayliss next to 5' 8" Mark Robins, he ain't small or slight, he drives from midfield, more like Denis Mortimer IMHO but I'm pretty sure Mortimer wasn't as tall or as broad as Bayliss will be in 5 years or so. Though I don't think he caries the same gaol threat as Mortimer.. maybe he will get there.
47D1415E00000578-0-image-a-29_1515415062908.jpg

BackRoomRummermill

He here, hes there, he is every F*****king where is Andy Blair..........is Andy Blair

I guess some of you never sang it as you are too young !! Those were the days !!

I think this lad could go far , as a few others as well.

NortonSkyBlue

I'm probably all over the place here but am curious as to peoples opinion as to who he's similar to be it current or past.
I'll throw in Charlie George!!
The way he drives at people having received the ball and turned is very reminiscent of Gary Mac, Bobby Charlton used to drive at defenders from midfield with power and elegance.

Captain Dart

So it's a mix between Dennis Mortimer and Willie Carr , wow Tom Bayliss could turn out to be one hell of a player .
Nope, I would say he is different to both of them, originality is good though!

Otis

Nope, I would say he is different to both of them, originality is good though!
Yeah, definitely. I don't see Carr and Mortimer in him as at all really.

I see maybe a tiny bit of McAllister and when he drives at defences I see a touch of Bryan Robson about him, but he is his own player.

Seems to have vision, skill and a bit of tenacity about him too.

superskyblue

I think he's got a bit of Wilshere about him. The way he uses his body to take contact but protect the ball. The driving runs forward. The tackles. I can't recall a youngster coming in and looking so at home, so quickly.

Otis

I think he's got a bit of Wilshere about him. The way he uses his body to take contact but protect the ball. The driving runs forward. The tackles. I can't recall a youngster coming in and looking so at home, so quickly.
Yeah, McAllister, Robson and Wilshire.

McRobshire.

Err.... or Allison Wils.

hinckley cov

Hope he turns out to be a great player for us , but the players he is being compared with played at a much higher level .

Users who are viewing this thread