Tom Bayliss (3 Viewers)

steve82

Tom Bayliss should be offered a 4 year contract. ASAP.

Either way we will get compo, if we offer him a contract. but its not ideal, I'm sure there should be some loyalty both ways.

This is correct, which is where I say the powers in his and his agents hands now to squeeze a better deal than 6 weeks ago that the budget may well not accommodate him and another new deal or player.

He could gamble and hold out another month or more and see what comes his way, the long term deal give us more security than him in the long run.

Londonccfcfan

This is correct, which is where I say the powers in his and his agents hands now to squeeze a better deal than 6 weeks ago that the budget may well not accommodate him and another new deal or player.

He could gamble and hold out another month or more and see what comes his way, the long term deal give us more security than him in the long run.

God forbid, (dont even want to tempt fate with our luck) he may get get injured later in season. In which case a contract is security for him.

Agreed but if a deal staggered payments etc, is offered and on the table now. Its more bargining indirect power for MR.

What does every 18 year old or any footballer in fact want to do. Play football every day.

Adge

We are producing very good technical players now. From late Prem days to 2006 our recruitment was based on physically strong players. We did well in the leagues during that time but when it came to first team transition we struggled. Had a few make the first team in that time like Thornton, McSheffrey, Kirkland and Davenport however we are producing a different type of player now.

Rioch and Stevens then took over in 2007 and since then the quality has improved with the best yet to come in my opinion.
Not really sure if the quality now is there as you have stated.
Kirkland was the exception to the rule who went on to play regularly at the top level where the likes of Davenport/Mcsheffrey et al had a dabble but were never good enough and didn’t really cut it at that level. Wilson is the only other I can think of off hand.
Now I feel it is easier to make an impact as we are in the bottom tier so the step up from academy to first team the gulf would not be as difficult. Do any of the players that are in our squad now ala Burge,DKE x2, Haynes, Stevenson, Willis, Shipley, Maycock, Ponticelli look like they will ever be above L1 level at best? Not to me.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not really sure if the quality now is there as you have stated.
Kirkland was the exception to the rule who went on to play regularly at the top level where the likes of Davenport/Mcsheffrey et al had a dabble but were never good enough and didn’t really cut it at that level. Wilson is the only other I can think of off hand.
Now I feel it is easier to make an impact as we are in the bottom tier so the step up from academy to first team the gulf would not be as difficult. Do any of the players that are in our squad now ala Burge,DKE x2, Haynes, Stevenson, Willis, Shipley, Maycock, Ponticelli look like they will ever be above L1 level at best? Not to me.

For the about the tenth time now.

If you judge an academy on how many players play in the top flight - mostly every single one will be classed as poor.

As recent research found every club bar the big ones who stockpile loads of players have 1-3 youth products playing in the Premier League.

Our local rivals for instance - Leicester have 1, Aston Villa have 3, Birmingham have 3, Wolves have 2 and Stoke 0.

You can either choose to consider the facts and comparisons or just continue posting as you do

Anyway, enjoy the game tomorrow Adge :)

Last edited:

stupot07

If you judge an academy on how many players play in the top flight - mostly every single one will be classed as poor.

As recent research found every club bar the big ones who stockpile loads of players have 1-3 youth products playing in the Premier League.

Our local rivals for instance - Leicester have 1, Aston Villa have 3, Birmingham have 3, Wolves have 2 and Stoke 0.

You can either choose to consider the facts and comparisons or just continue posting as you do

I reckon either he or is son got binned by the academy and now he's bitter. Rated top academy in the whole of the progression football wasn't in? Top 5 in football league and that was based on the number of players produced that are playing in professional football and that's as a league one/league two club.

Some sobering stats.

"The statistics are really sobering. Out of all the boys who enter an academy at the age of 9, less than half of 1% make it. Or a make a living from the game either.

The most damning statistic of all is only 180 of the 1.5 million players who are playing organised youth football in England at any one time will make it as a Premier League pro.

That's a success rate of 0.012%.

Pretty much the sort of chances of you being hit by a meteorite on your way home." (Children at football academies are more likely to 'get hit by a meteorite' than succeed as professionals – here’s the shocking statistic)

From the nowhere men "around 10,000 boys in the academy system, only 1% will make a living out of the game. Two thirds of those given a professional contract at 18 are out of professional football by the time they are 21.."

Its so hard to just become a professional footballer, to make a living out of the game, and our track record for producing players good enough to have a career in professional football is right up there and should be something we're all proud of.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adge

Wish they were all world beaters mate but how on earth some people think that Finch,Connor Thomas et al are footballers is beyond me.
I judge by what is seen in the pitch by you, me and everyone else.
But yes, hope you enjoy the game too sir!

Nick

Administrator
Wish they were all world beaters mate but how on earth some people think that Finch,Connor Thomas et al are footballers is beyond me.
I judge by what is seen in the pitch by you, me and everyone else.
But yes, hope you enjoy the game too sir!
But you are just naming bad examples. Look at some of the loanees we have had from top academys. Bayliss or Lee Sawyer?

SlowerThanPlatt

I agree Finch wasn’t good enough for the level but I thought Conor Thomas was alright. Under Pressley he was excellent in the Sixfields season. He just didn’t back his ability enough though IMO to really kick on.

Adge

But you are just naming bad examples. Look at some of the loanees we have had from top academys. Bayliss or Lee Sawyer?
Ok-lets name the good examples. From my time they would be Kirkland-McSheffrey (not because I rated him but because we got 4m) Ben Turner and Wilson obviously. Can’t really think of anymore who were top drawer.
Bad examples, well, we haven’t got enough pages to cover them all have we?

SlowerThanPlatt

Ok-lets name the good examples. From my time they would be Kirkland-McSheffrey (not because I rated him but because we got 4m) Ben Turner and Wilson obviously. Can’t really think of anymore who were top drawer.

And you could go through every single team in England and it would be the same with more ‘bad’ examples than ‘good’ as I have said numerous times and as you already well know.

steve82

Kids develop at there own rate, some flourish early and do it here others slip away and still have professional careers in the leagues others filter away out the game completely.

For me a academy should be judged on how many players get a career in the game and a good few have

Nick

Administrator

Hasnt somebody already done the research and it said we had a fair few good examples playing at a high level compared to bigger clubs?

Adge

Aye-so in conclusion for every Kirkland and Wilson we get 30 Finch''s and Bigirimana''s.

PVA

On 5 Live Chris Waddle just said Bayliss is the best player on the pitch and looks a great prospect.

The Great Eastern

The Scousers are about to become cash rich after Coutinho looks like going for 142 mill. Bit too soon but worth a risk at 70 mill for an 18 year old ?!

shmmeee

Doubt we’ll hold onto him much longer. The “could have been team” just gets better and better (I know a team with Turner, Wilson, Christie, Madders and Bayliss would never have happened but a man can dream).

Enjoy him while he lasts I say.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
ya the stoke fans were going on about him as stand out player and to snap him up, he keeps going like this through jan his stock go up wouldnt be surprised if a club came in for him last minute.

Adge

He doesn’t deal in facts or research. He just has the same opinion which he repeats endlessly and I doubt it will ever change
No it won’t ever change-just saying what I see on the pitch, nothing more, nothing less. And just for the record yes Bayliss had a great game as did Willis who was a rock alongside Davies. Haynes when he came on only had 10 minutes but it was his best game by a mile in a Coventry shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread