Tommy Robinson (6 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Any comment on the high representation of this demographic for the crime in question?

I don't think people doubt there is an issue in certain communities. What they are doubting is the way he goes about it.

Like I mentioned earlier, somebody who was really trying to fix it was the social worker in the Rochdale case who fought hard for it to be heard and to get justice for the girls because she had a genuine care for them and others like them.

Robinson is just shouting things about offenders already arrested and charged and made a couple of million from it in the process and has bought a decent house from it after making shit up when in prison to get donations.

Can you see the difference between the 2?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think people doubt there is an issue in certain communities. What they are doubting is the way he goes about it.

Like I mentioned earlier, somebody who was really trying to fix it was the social worker in the Rochdale case who fought hard for it to be heard and to get justice for the girls because she had a genuine care for them and others like them.

Robinson is just shouting things about offenders already arrested and charged and made a couple of million from it in the process and has bought a decent house from it after making shit up when in prison to get donations.

Can you see the difference between the 2?

Yes, and I have said many times that I don't agree with a lot of the things he does.

My annoyance is of the people that slam him but duck out of any conversation regarding the perpetrators. How can we help the victims or any future victims if this is subject is such a challenge to talk about?

No one would be listening to him if there were open and honest conversations about these things. You get that right?

Nick

Administrator
Yes.

One person has the gravitas and media/social coverage to spread the word.

The other is a Social Worker who was ignored for years.

One actually fought to bring them to justice and get them sent down and justice. The other just shouts about some that have already been charged and are being sent down anyway but makes a fair bit from it in the meantime.

If Robinson wants to start finding sex gangs that haven't been brought to justice then fair play to him, like I said earlier if he wants to start investigating like a proper investigative journalist that actually uncovers things then it would be a start.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, and I have said many times that I don't agree with a lot of the things he does.

My annoyance is of the people that slam him but duck out of any conversation regarding the perpetrators. How can we help the victims or any future victims if this is subject is such a challenge to talk about?

No one would be listening to him if there were open and honest conversations about these things. You get that right?

How is Robinson helping victims or future victims though? It's not much different to an MP who just moves from one topic to the next.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

One actually fought to bring them to justice and get them sent down and justice. The other just shouts about some that have already been charged and are being sent down anyway but makes a fair bit from it in the meantime.

If Robinson wants to start finding sex gangs that haven't been brought to justice then fair play to him, like I said earlier if he wants to start investigating like a proper investigative journalist that actually uncovers things then it would be a start.

I don't disagree. But he's at the stage of his 'career' now where he doesn't need to do the grunt work - he can get others to do it for him.

Like him or not (I don't - he's inherently a racist), he is spreading the word and coverage regarding sex / grooming gangs which just so happen to have the same typologies and traits (i.e. Islam). The more that this is shouted/screamed about, the better. It's a national disgrace.

Nick

Administrator
I don't disagree. But he's at the stage of his 'career' now where he doesn't need to do the grunt work - he can get others to do it for him.

Like him or not (I don't - he's inherently a racist), he is spreading the word and coverage regarding sex / grooming gangs which just so happen to have the same typologies and traits (i.e. Islam). The more that this is shouted/screamed about, the better. It's a national disgrace.

So maybe he can link up with an official charity or organisation against sex crimes in those communities and send donations that way?

I have no doubt there is loads going on we never hear about, uncover some of that. Provide support for the victims so they can come out and give evidence.

That's what I mean by the "approach" he takes being the issue. He is just shouting "muslims are nonces" and then wanting donations so he can shout it some more.

Ive got no issue with it being pointed out that it's rife, I dont think it is racist to point it out.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How is Robinson helping victims or future victims though? It's not much different to an MP who just moves from one topic to the next.

He's constantly stuck on the same topic though. Making as much noise about this isn't a bad move given that so many people want to keep it quiet.

He might not have gone about it the right way, but he shouldn't have to be doing anything anyway. Exposure can lead to education and prevention. Or we could just keep it quiet, deny it, or call people racists that don't care about the victims...

Nick

Administrator
He's constantly stuck on the same topic though. Making as much noise about this isn't a bad move given that so many people want to keep it quiet.

He might not have gone about it the right way, but he shouldn't have to be doing anything anyway. Exposure can lead to education and prevention. Or we could just keep it quiet, deny it, or call people racists that don't care about the victims...

I'm doing none of those. However after seeing his stunt when he got sent down and kept putting out things he had made up to help with donations (which have since go towards a new house apparently) it somehow doesn't look great does it?

So many people were misled and bought his "tortured" crap so donated to him.

Is his exposure going to lead to education and prevention though? What is he actually uncovering? The bloke is somebody who latches on to what will give him a payout, no different to MPs.

clint van damme

absolute nonsense to say so many people want it kept quiet. Agree the authorities have tried to cover it up and that's disgraceful but so many media outlets give it huge coverage.
Just put grooming gangs into the search engine of any newspaper or news website, it hasn't been covered up there's shit loads of stuff out there. .
Robinson tries to paint news black outs of on going trials as keeping it quiet, which is of course nonsense. It's an essential part of the legal process.
You didn't answer my question about him defending Richard Price. Because you know as well as I do that the reason is he doesn't care about the victims he only cares about the back ground of the perpetrators. His faux outrage is sickening.

He's made a shit load from donations, why doesn't he make a healthy donation from that money to a rape charity?

Captain Dart

Naz Shah wanted to keep it quiet.
MP shares tweet saying abuse victims should 'shut their mouths for good of diversity' | Metro News
Sarah Champion was threatened for speaking out.
Labour MP given added police security after death threats

WhaleOilBeefHooked

I'm doing none of those. However after seeing his stunt when he got sent down and kept putting out things he had made up to help with donations (which have since go towards a new house apparently) it somehow doesn't look great does it?

I think 2+2=5 is being done here.

He got donations, and at the same time purchased a house. The house was £950k and his donations were nowhere near that figure.

Either way, it's rank hypocrisy with him championing himself as a man of the working class but living life like a millionaire. Just like Arthur Scargill when he was rocking up to the picket lines with those on the breadline in his top of the range Jag.

clint van damme

Nick

Administrator
I think 2+2=5 is being done here.

He got donations, and at the same time purchased a house. The house was £950k and his donations were nowhere near that figure.

Either way, it's rank hypocrisy with him championing himself as a man of the working class but living life like a millionaire. Just like Arthur Scargill when he was rocking up to the picket lines with those on the breadline in his top of the range Jag.

Which is exactly why I compared him to an MP and pointed out the difference between him and the woman in the Rochdale case.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Which is exactly why I compared him to an MP and pointed out the difference between him and the woman in the Rochdale case.

I think you're just so used to arguing with me and treating me with contempt that you don't realise we're arguing for the same thing.

clint van damme

I think you're just so used to arguing with me and treating me with contempt that you don't realise we're arguing for the same thing.

that should be the forum motto - just because you agree with someone, doesn't mean you shouldn't argue with them!
Can anyone translate it to Latin?

CovInEssex

I mean he was already minted when he first came into the public eye but let's ignore that.

His lawyers have submitted proceedings to sue HMP Onley for his treatment there - you can call him a liar all you want but do you think they'd even submit it if they didn't think he had a bulletproof case?

The courts are also being sued for wrongful imprisonment, assuming the whole case is thrown out, which will easily be 6-7 figures and I hope he buys a big house with the money tbh.

Nick

Administrator
I mean he was already minted when he first came into the public eye but let's ignore that.

His lawyers have submitted proceedings to sue HMP Onley for his treatment there - you can call him a liar all you want but do you think they'd even submit it if they didn't think he had a bulletproof case?

The courts are also being sued for wrongful imprisonment, assuming the whole case is thrown out, which will easily be 6-7 figures and I hope he buys a big house with the money tbh.

I know for a fact a lot of what he put out was made up and incorrect. His lawyers submitting proceedings don't really change that. The best one was him going on about not being allowed a TV and then saying how love island helped with his time inside, closely followed by him being next to the Mosque.

If he was already minted, he will be donating his donations then if he doesn't need or want the money? Bit random somebody minted begging for donations.

Like I said, I'd do a couple of months inside for that amount of money. Nice and easy.

CovInEssex

Great judicial system we've got isn't it.

Corrupt if it goes against you.

Heroic triumph where they see the light, and it's not at all a corrupt result but righteous justice if it goes for you.

He was jailed fairly then? Oh no, wait. That's why the case has been referred to the Attn. Gen.

Nick

Administrator
Unfair treatment it reads, which could be anything really?
I have pointed out and disproved things, as has Tony. You have said it must be right because his lawyers are doing something and it can be for anything.

Exactly how he got people to donate.

skybluetony176

Unfair treatment it reads, which could be anything really?

So a load of nonsense then basically. Didn’t he write a letter claiming he should have had enhanced status? Something you have to be inside for 3 months to obtain? I’m going to ignore all the bollocks about only having a mattress and being next to mosque that doesn’t exist. I think the only actual complaint was about something he would never have been entitled to anyway given how long he was in.

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
So a load of nonsense then basically. Didn’t he write a letter claiming he should have had enhanced status? Something you have to be inside for 3 months to obtain? I’m going to ignore all the bollocks about only having a mattress and being next to mosque that doesn’t exist. I think the only actual complaint was about something he would never have been entitled to anyway given how long he was in.
Don't forget the nasty prisoners saying things to him.

No TV as well

Users who are viewing this thread