chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Hypothetically speaking, If (and it's a huge if) we do go down, what would people want to see happen?

Realistically what can be done? On the basis that the club has to be sustainable, and that we will always struggle given our situation on that front, the club needs to maximise the revenue streams we do have. Get the shop sorted, get the sponsors back etc. Go on a marketing drive. Again difficult as you can't throw money at it as we don't have the money to do that and you'd end up spending more than it would generate.

If we can get a half decent ST renewal rate we should be able to have a top end budget for the division and therefore should be looking at play offs as a minimum. Saying that Pompey have had one of the biggest budgets, if not the biggest, the last couple of seasons and have gone nowhere.

We need to get out the division, at the right end, very very quickly. One season in L2 would be a disaster, more than one is unthinkable.

Johhny Blue

Feb 1, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I agree Mowbray hasn't had a proper crack of the whip and many of our fans had stupid optimism levels when he arrived.

Better home performances would have seen him home and dry and some early planning scope. Whether we win or lose against Crawley I am not convinced he will get across the line with our owners.

But I sincerely hope we are in league 1 this time next Saturday...I would like to see Mowbray given the chance.

I guarantee we'll still be in League 1 next Saturday. Sunday however could be a different story

Moff

Apr 2, 2011
Deepest Warwickshire
To make matters worse there are strong suggestions wasps are going to significantly hike match day costs next season regardless of the league we are in.

Its amazing that Saint Ann is keeping such a low profile at the moment isnt it. Its as if her assurances about wasps were all bullshit, and she is being shown to be the the two faced lying turd that she really is.

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
How much of that is due to new manager bounce is difficult to say, however.

Personally I think its all down to new manager bounce. Now that's worn off the squad looks as bad as it did under SP. By no mean's do I think that's a reflection of TM, just a reflection of how bad our squad of players are as a team.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Personally I think its all down to new manager bounce. Now that's worn off the squad looks as bad as it did under SP. By no mean's do I think that's a reflection of TM, just a reflection of how bad our squad of players are as a team.

Their away record since Mowbray joined is the best in the league.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
SP was a poor manager, who on the whole, brought in poor players.

To judge Mowbray on Pressley's squad is unfair.

MalcSB

Mar 10, 2012
The Daily Mail (I know, I know) reported that TM has told friends he will be back in the North East on Monday

Tonylinc

Mar 19, 2011
Scunthorpe
The Daily Mail (I know, I know) reported that TM has told friends he will be back in the North East on Monday
Thought that this information had been put to bed already. He lives in the North East and will obviously be returning "home", after the season ends. However, I believe that he will not be with us next season.

Skyblueweeman

Dec 7, 2011
Portsmouth
Disappointed with TMs comments today that Sunday isn't a game we necessarily have to win. Whilst technically correct, it's a little pessimistic from the manager of a football club. Even if that's the case, I want the manager of my club saying something like 'even though we only need a point, we'll be gearing up to get all 3 points'.

His words could give the players an excuse to sit back (as if they weren't going to anyway but you get what I mean).

WM

Tonylinc

Mar 19, 2011
Scunthorpe
Disappointed with TMs comments today that Sunday isn't a game we necessarily have to win. Whilst technically correct, it's a little pessimistic from the manager of a football club. Even if that's the case, I want the manager of my club saying something like 'even though we only need a point, we'll be gearing up to get all 3 points'.

His words could give the players an excuse to sit back (as if they weren't going to anyway but you get what I mean).

WM
I have not seen that quote (was it in the Telegraph?) but I fully agree with you. Lets just hope that he deos not set up the team to draw as that would be a recipe for disaster.

phildownunder

Mar 4, 2015
I don`t think we should get too hung up on what Mowbray or any other manager for that matter, says before a game.

Anyone with any nous isn`t going to broadcast his game plan to the world beforehand esp with an important match like this.

What he is saying is a plain fact. If we don`t lose on Sunday, we stay up.

Sky Blue Dal

Mar 21, 2013
Actually the real problem is the Ricoh. We cannot win games here.

That's because we stupidly left the place for a season and when we came back during this season we had turfed a lovely new pitch at sixfields and then returned to an unsettled half baked pitch which was rushed and only half completed at the Ricoh. Even the 2nd pitch they laid was mashed up by the rugby team.

So obviously the playing surface was not fully laid out to our advantage. I do feel that if we survive, we will improve on our home performance next season on the better 4g pitch being put in place.

Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread