Tony Mowbray (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

Mowbray is doomed. Let's be honest it's just not going our way and he is unable to affect any outcomes. We can't see what he does in the week but we can certainly see there is nothing worth seeing on a Saturday. I don't give a toss if Barnsley we bottom at Christmas, it's irrelevant, I am not interested that we haven't got the players he tried to buy or borrow. All I know is that we were toothless in front of goal, lucky that Oldham didn't bury their chances and it is clear Mowbray is unable to change anything happening out on the pitch
The game was dreadful and the league table doesn't lie. He must go, he is damaged goods and is not the future.

The Reverend Skyblue

After yet another gutless cowardly performance he has to walk before he's sacked.
The team hasn't a clue what's going on, he doesn't play the same team or tactics two games running. He plays people in the most astonishing out of position, like Tudgay today and Armstrong last year.
Why oh why hasn't he given Agyei a chance after getting him from Burnley. The games he did well in when he first got here he looked good but every 60 minute mark he was dragged off which must of hit his confidence.
His signings on the whole have been more miss them hit.
I really want him to do well but the above shows he really has lost the plot.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

What's big Ron doing these days?
He's in a home for racist ex managers.

* Disclaimer, that is a joke.. sort of :asshat:

Captain Dart

Rodders1

Get a fookin grip everyone! We've lost 3 games!

We cannot get rid of Mowbray.

Short termism is what got us here in the first place.

Hold your fookin nerve everyone.

Ffs It's why we're here in the first place!

Keep the faith PUSB

It went in off Ferguson's beard....
I'll hold my nerve.
I'll continue to support the team during games.
I'll never boo the players in sky blue.

But on here I can say.... This is fucking unacceptable.

Until Cov fans all believe we're better than this shite league - and we are. Then the better.

This is a club based in the 9th biggest city in the country. A one club city.

I'm fuming and completely irate at the predicament we're in. I'm allowed like many others to be pissed off. I've paid thousands to see this team approach its third relegation.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

At the end of last season when we failed to get in the playoffs, a lot of fans were calling for his head. It was kind of given to him that the only reason he should keep his job was because he said it was a two year plan and the second year would ultimately be the one he's be judged on, having built from the first.

Since that time, he has let nearly all the best and good players go from last season, and from what I've seen today, replaced them with completely inadequate substitutes.

The team resembles the one he inherited from Pressley, if not worse. We're only going in one direction, and the eternal optimists that were giving me a hard time in preseason for questioning transfer activity are now the ones looking like they need a sanity check.

SISU don't help things, but the lack of quality and fight we saw today are down to pretty much one man, and one man only - TM. I can't see it getting any better and struggle to see on what merit he should keep his job. However, get someone else in and it's 'give him a year to replace the dross that Mowbray signed'.

I need a drink.

ccfc92

At the end of last season when we failed to get in the playoffs, a lot of fans were calling for his head. It was kind of given to him that the only reason he should keep his job was because he said it was a two year plan and the second year would ultimately be the one he's be judged on, having built from the first.

Since that time, he has let nearly all the best and good players go from last season, and from what I've seen today, replaced them with completely inadequate substitutes.

The team resembles the one he inherited from Pressley, if not worse. We're only going in one direction, and the eternal optimists that were giving me a hard time in preseason for questioning transfer activity are now the ones looking like they need a sanity check.

SISU don't help things, but the lack of quality and fight we saw today are down to pretty much one man, and one man only - TM. I can't see it getting any better and struggle to see on what merit he should keep his job. However, get someone else in and it's 'give him a year to replace the dross that Mowbray signed'.

I need a drink.

That's down to him is it?

Fergusons_Beard

I'll hold my nerve.
I'll continue to support the team during games.
I'll never boo the players in sky blue.

But on here I can say.... This is fucking unacceptable.

Until Cov fans all believe we're better than this shite league - and we are. Then the better.

This is a club based in the 9th biggest city in the country. A one club city.

I'm fuming and completely irate at the predicament we're in. I'm allowed like many others to be pissed off. I've paid thousands to see this team approach its third relegation.

Jesus-this is EXACTLY the kind of overreaction that we don't need.

What short memories we have. I mean haven't we spent longer out of the top division than actually in it?

Also what divine right do we have to be successful just because we are the 9th biggest City in the uk.... (Just imagine if a tiny fraction of that population actually went to a game-jeez!)

Don't get me wrong-I'm angry as well. I'm angry of our continued under achievement and angry at our lack of success.

But you only have to look at the revolving door of managers,that have done fook all since we left the premiership,to realise that we need to stick with a manager a little longer and give them a little slack.

If in December we're still bottom of the league then ok, it may be time but after only 3 defeats in 8 games-don't be fookin stupid.

Rodders1

I need a drink.
Is not as easy to blame the manager. I wish it was that simple.

It's also not down to purely the money / budget we've got.

Until we have a stable ownership and future nothing will change.

We as fans need to smell the coffee that we need a transformational change. If it's from the current owners then brilliant otherwise things need to change and fast.

Anyone on here who think the last 8 years is not down to SISU need to wake up.

At what point will everyone not accept this? Non league?

Gazolba

After yet another gutless cowardly performance, he has to walk before he's sacked.
<snip>.
Why on earth would he walk when he has a contract? He'd have to be even more stupid than we think he is.

Rodders1

Jesus-this is EXACTLY the kind of overreaction that we don't need.

What short memories we have. I mean haven't we spent longer out of the top division than actually in it?

Also what divine right do we have to be successful just because we are the 9th biggest City in the uk.... (Just imagine if a tiny fraction of that population actually went to a game-jeez!)

Don't get me wrong-I'm angry as well. I'm angry of our continued under achievement and angry at our lack of success.

But you only have to look at the revolving door of managers,that have done fook all since we left the premiership,to realise that we need to stick with a manager a little longer and give them a little slack.

If in December we're still bottom of the league then ok, it may be time but after only 3 defeats in 8 games-don't be fookin stupid.

Try plotting a trend of our league positions over the last 8 years.

You don't need to be a mathematician to understand what's going on.

You and I are both wanting the same thing.

Are you going to agree with me when we're non league?

Note - I'm not blaming Mowbray here. But there are many clubs who are up in arms over nothing compared to us.

Am I overreacting here? This could potentially be our third religation in circa a decade. Are you happy with that?

Last edited:

Gazolba

It's too early to panic. We may be bottom, but we are not completely adrift.
We are unbeaten at home and only have a -5 goal difference. No-one has thrashed us (in the league).
Two or three wins would completely turn things around.
We had 17 shots today. That is normally more than enough to get a couple of goals.

Fergusons_Beard

Try plotting a tread of our league positions over the last 8 years.

You don't need to be a mathematician to understand what's going on.

You and I are both wanting the same thing.

Are you going to agree with me when we're non league?

Note - I'm not blaming Monday here. But there are many clubs who are up in arms over nothing compared to us.

Im or overreacting here. This could potentially be our third religation in circa a decade. Are you happy with that?

It could also potentially be our first promotion in ages.

Too early to tell for promotion but one I know for certain-we far too good to go down in this division.

When and if we start getting out played comprehensively by teams then I'll start to press the panic button.

But nah-not at the moment pal.

Far Too Early....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Is not as easy to blame the manager. I wish it was that simple.

It's also not down to purely the money / budget we've got.

Until we have a stable ownership and future nothing will change.

We as fans need to smell the coffee that we need a transformational change. If it's from the current owners then brilliant otherwise things need to change and fast.

Anyone on here who think the last 8 years is not down to SISU need to wake up.

At what point will everyone not accept this? Non league?

Everyone knows sisu are cunts.

Seemingly not many know/will accept Mowbray has drastically underperformed.

Captain Dart

Try plotting a tread of our league positions over the last 8 years.
Last 20 years, league position relative to bottom league two.
upload_2016-9-18_9-34-43.png

Im or overreacting here. This could potentially be our third religation in circa a decade. Are you happy with that?
Ermmm.. 16 years since the Prem..

MPL CCFC

I know modern day football is all about the squad but has Mowbray ever picked the same starting 11 two games running?

Again we are toothless and Agyei who looks a handful didnt even get off the bench, partly because of the cock up substitution that left us with a light weight midfield

Nick

Administrator
I know modern day football is all about the squad but has Mowbray ever picked the same starting 11 two games running?

Again we are toothless and Agyei who looks a handful didnt even get off the bench, partly because of the cock up substitution that left us with a light weight midfield
I'm not sure, he fiddled about last season as well

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Get a fookin grip everyone! We've lost 3 games!

We cannot get rid of Mowbray.

Short termism is what got us here in the first place.

Hold your fookin nerve everyone.

Ffs It's why we're here in the first place!

Keep the faith PUSB

We're Doomed, Dooooooooooooomed I say.

But ill NEVER give up supporting the SKY BLUES witch ever league there in. I'M a Cov Kid and PROUD . ;)

oucho

Thing is that a new manager could well come in and improve things, get us off the bottom, but in 12 months' time nothing will really have changed and we'll be back where we started. The graph is very revealing; the club is failing and has been for many years; this is reflected in the general trajectory of decline, not entirely untempered by good spurts e.g. under Robins, but these bucked the trend. The prevailing headwinds are pushing us in one direction only; simply changing the manager and hoping for the best is not going to address that in the long term.

stevefloyd

The problems are he has failed to identify a decent striker and a solid midfield player, we all have differing opinions but surely a manager of his experience should be able to see this, I am not sure if its down to budget constraints or what but thats what we need, we were lucky last year with Armstrong so he has had a year to source one but failed...

chiefdave

The problems are he has failed to identify a decent striker and a solid midfield player, we all have differing opinions but surely a manager of his experience should be able to see this, I am not sure if its down to budget constraints or what but thats what we need, we were lucky last year with Armstrong so he has had a year to source one but failed...
My feeling is the biggest issue is the failure in the loan market. Sure there's arguments to be made over some of the players he let go without bringing anyone in but even so put Kent, Armstrong and Murphy in the current side and things would be a lot different.

olderskyblue

I heard a story on Saturday that supposedly came from someone who lives close to, drinks and gambles with Venus. After a drinking session, he talked about having to work with 1/2 the budget of last year. Had lots of players lined up who would have joined, except the money offered is so poor.

I cannot vouch for any of this, so may be complete bollocks.

Although, when the break even crowd figure was increased out of the blue last season, and given this seasons crowds, who knows, may have some truth to it.

Nick

Administrator
So if the money we were offering was so poor, why was he targeting players who are now all playing in the Championship rather than decent Conference / League 2 and League 1 players? Doesn't make sense.

olderskyblue

So if the money we were offering was so poor, why was he targeting players who are now all playing in the Championship rather than decent Conference / League 2 and League 1 players? Doesn't make sense.

I have no idea. Maybe he thought he could attract them to city anyway.... "big" club etc. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread