Top Gear (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I'd also implore a programme supposedly about cars to stop destroying old classics just for a laugh, even Marinas. If you genuinely love cars as I do, and as Clarkson and others on the show claim to, it's just wrong.

While I don'tdisagree with that, they were apparently mostly MOT failures/scrap cars that were tarted up a bit for the program.

So a bit like stock cars... although that hardly stops the debate!

But yes, it's always been an act and, tbh, I thought this was an act and a bit of cheap publicity. As it turns out, it isn't.

Kind of worrying he'll get a pay rise as a consequence, and most worrying of all is that the prime minister sought fit to intervene with an opinion that seemed to justify hitting people in the workplace.

Hope he comes out and praises the BBC for their decision now the investigation is concluded...

Gint11

Couldn't give a flying fuck about the show or Clarkson. I think the guy is a plonker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffer

While I don'tdisagree with that, they were apparently mostly MOT failures/scrap cars that were tarted up a bit for the program.

So a bit like stock cars... although that hardly stops the debate!

But yes, it's always been an act and, tbh, I thought this was an act and a bit of cheap publicity. As it turns out, it isn't.

Kind of worrying he'll get a pay rise as a consequence, and most worrying of all is that the prime minister sought fit to intervene with an opinion that seemed to justify hitting people in the workplace.

Hope he comes out and praises the BBC for their decision now the investigation is concluded...

Yep, I have a feeling that this isn't going to hurt Clarkson too much, though the BBC is probably still the best platform for talent to get their name on though. I don't think he wanted to leave, despite the rants.

Back to the motors, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the cars they've abused would have failed an MOT straight off the production line - doesn't justify wrecking them for fun now though, imho. There are some cars today that are so bilious that they deserve to have pianos dropped on them (Certain things by SsangYong I'm thinking here). In forty years though, when there's only a handful left then I don't think that's quite as acceptable.

Wrecking old cars, even old BL cars, makes me sad. And yes - if you look at stock car racing from the late 70s and 80s, it could make you cry (Mk.2 Jags for God's sake - the most beautiful cars ever built - and from Browns Lane too!). Though at least racing is almost an honourable end, I guess...

Nick

Administrator
Old time bump!

The guy has had a 100k settlement for a split lip and being called a nasty name. Easy money!

ajsccfc

To derail a media career that can be lucrative as well as have months of abuse from snarling morons I'm not sure I would.

Apparently he's been promoted within the BBC while this is going on and as part of the ruling will have to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement. Seems a bit suss.

Last edited:

Astute

To derail a media career that can be lucrative as well as have months of abuse from snarling morons I'm not sure I would.

Apparently he's been promoted within the BBC while this is going on and as part of the ruling will have to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement. Seems a bit suss.

Have an accident at work. Loss of a foot up to 83k. Loss of both feet up to 153k. Loss of your hands same amount.

Called lazy Irish whatever and a split lip. 100k and a promotion.

Astute

Hardly a surprise seeing excuses for racism and assault in the workplace on this forum.

Was that aimed at what I have said?

If so do you say it was worse being called a lazy Irish whatever was said and a split lip than losing limbs to get about the same compensation? Are you accusing me of racism in any way?

lewys33

If so do you say it was worse being called a lazy Irish whatever was said and a split lip than losing limbs to get about the same compensation? Are you accusing me of racism in any way?

I think while he raises valid points (not aimed at you) he just likes to stir the pot.

ajsccfc

Have an accident at work. Loss of a foot up to 83k. Loss of both feet up to 153k. Loss of your hands same amount.

Called lazy Irish whatever and a split lip. 100k and a promotion.

The sweet spot for compensation is to get Jeremy Clarkson to chop a Frenchman's leg off.

Sick Boy

Why are you comparing accidents in the work place to racism and assault? How would you feel if it was your son or daughter who had been subjected to racism and then subjected to an unprovoked attack whilst doing their job?

Sick Boy

I think while he raises valid points (not aimed at you) he just likes to stir the pot.

Funnily enough I don't agree with racism and unprovoked assaults in the workplace.

Still, it's Clarkson, so somehow it is acceptable.

Otis

Tis true, we as a society react differently dependant upon who it is.

For this producer to receive death threats on the basis of 'how can you do this to our poor Jeremy' is ridiculous!

People backed Clarkson the TV host, not Clarkson the man. Get the feeling they don't care if he's a racist, paedophile thug as long as he 'entertains' us all.

Astute

Why are you comparing accidents in the work place to racism and assault? How would you feel if it was your son or daughter who had been subjected to racism and then subjected to an unprovoked attack whilst doing their job?

My eldest daughter does occasionally get racist comments made to her. She is half asian. So yes I do know what I am saying. I even had it once where I went into a pub with a couple of mates where they knew others in there. A couple started making racist comments. I told them to shut the f*ck up as I hate that sort of thing. An hour or so later my daughter walked into the pub. They started making comments again. But this time it was because of how good she looks. I never said anything. She came over and we started talking. One of them tried chatting her up. His face was a picture when I let them know that she is my daughter then told her about the previous racist comments.

You like to make your comments on here against people without considering what they have said or you like to take out of context what has been said. I replied to someone saying he only got 100k for what had happened to him in the workplace. What I mentioned was damages that would be awarded for loss of limbs against what he got for what happened to him. So either he got too much or people who lose limbs don't get enough. But no. You try to say it was racism by me. You are accusing the wrong person of racism here. But it is nothing unusual for you to accuse someone of saying what they haven't.

Otis

But isn't the £100,000 dependant on what job you have and how much you earn?

That would surely have been relevant in this case, because the producer would surely be on at least £100,000 a year and this will have a concept of defamation of character.

NorthernWisdom

Tis true, we as a society react differently dependant upon who it is.

For this producer to receive death threats on the basis of 'how can you do this to our poor Jeremy' is ridiculous!

People backed Clarkson the TV host, not Clarkson the man. Get the feeling they don't care if he's a racist, paedophile thug as long as he 'entertains' us all.

Yup. As a guilty pleasure I actually find Clarkson... funny, entertaining, informative.

But I can't get my head around why so many people were moved to petition, and why the Prime Minister even was moved to comment on something that is open and shut. He punched a work colleague for no good reason, he was sacked... as he should be!

The only thing wrong in this is that the aggressor then gets a job paying even *more* money straight away. Not against him working again, far from it! But the scramble to sign him that happened immediately was very odd.

What is equally bizarre is that, ultimately, the producer has had a load of negative shite thrust upon him for... no good reason!

Currently (amazingly?:whistle:) I've avoided being punched by my boss at work. I intend to keep it that way ;)

Astute

But isn't the £100,000 dependant on what job you have and how much you earn?

That would surely have been relevant in this case, because the producer would surely be on at least £100,000 a year and this will have a concept of defamation of character.

But he got a promotion and most probably a big pay rise. So no money for loss of earnings.

Sick Boy

My eldest daughter does occasionally get racist comments made to her. She is half asian. So yes I do know what I am saying. I even had it once where I went into a pub with a couple of mates where they knew others in there. A couple started making racist comments. I told them to shut the f*ck up as I hate that sort of thing. An hour or so later my daughter walked into the pub. They started making comments again. But this time it was because of how good she looks. I never said anything. She came over and we started talking. One of them tried chatting her up. His face was a picture when I let them know that she is my daughter then told her about the previous racist comments.

You like to make your comments on here against people without considering what they have said or you like to take out of context what has been said. I replied to someone saying he only got 100k for what had happened to him in the workplace. What I mentioned was damages that would be awarded for loss of limbs against what he got for what happened to him. So either he got too much or people who lose limbs don't get enough. But no. You try to say it was racism by me. You are accusing the wrong person of racism here. But it is nothing unusual for you to accuse someone of saying what they haven't.

Where have I suggested that you are racist? Go on, show me the quote.

Sick Boy

But he got a promotion and most probably a big pay rise. So no money for loss of earnings.

So what? He was a victim of an unprovoked violent assault by a colleague and subjected to racist abuse.

Yet again it is the victim having to be defended on this forum.

Sick Boy

Just had a quick read back and nowhere have I even suggested racism from yourself. I also remember you saying about your daughter, so stop trying to play the victim.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can't stand Clarkson or his show, idiots just showing off and wasting the earths resources.

Astute

Just had a quick read back and nowhere have I even suggested racism from yourself. I also remember you saying about your daughter, so stop trying to play the victim.

Not playing the victim. And you well know it. Have no reason to. It is you and your comments as usual. You asked me why I was comparing accidents at work to racism. I wasn't and you well know it. As I said before I compared compensation to what happened to him and how much someone would get for the loss of a limb because someone said he didn't get enough compensation. What a joke if you think being called a lazy Irish whatever and getting a split lip whilst getting a promotion is worth more than losing two limbs. One is a permanent life changing event. The other is nowhere near as bad. That is not saying it wasn't bad or shouldn't have happened. But you love to concentrate on just one or a few words out of a full post. Well done.

Sick Boy

Not playing the victim. And you well know it. Have no reason to. It is you and your comments as usual. You asked me why I was comparing accidents at work to racism. I wasn't and you well know it. As I said before I compared compensation to what happened to him and how much someone would get for the loss of a limb because someone said he didn't get enough compensation. What a joke if you think being called a lazy Irish whatever and getting a split lip whilst getting a promotion is worth more than losing two limbs. One is a permanent life changing event. The other is nowhere near as bad. That is not saying it wasn't bad or shouldn't have happened. But you love to concentrate on just one or a few words out of a full post. Well done.

You're worse than a child and make it up as you go along.

Users who are viewing this thread