Torch's Counselling Thread (2 Viewers)

Otis

Would need some sort of capture card or hdmi input on a computer to then record it.
Right. Haven't got that.

So, hook my laptop up to the TV and then with a capture card on my laptop download it to that?

That makes sense.

torchomatic

Did you manage to see any of the game? I don't have Sky else I'd try and put it onto usb stick or something!

There is a hospital TV system run by a third party but thw prices are extortionate. I paid £50 for 4 weeks for 25 freeview channels. I've just had to pay again as i don't know when I'm going home. I did enquire about Sky Sports. £35 for a day!! Luckily Mobdro works on thw hospital wifi so i watched it on my phone.

For the record if any of you come in here that is the thing that works. Netflix, Prime Video and Showbox are blocked.

SkyBlue Player works so I can listen to.matches.

torchomatic

Stupid how they block Netflix and Amazon!

I suppose they have to think of the bandwidth. Mobdro does freeze every now and then but not too bad. I am amazed it works.

torchomatic

Is there any 4G at all or is the building blocking it?

I don't get any signal at all. I can send messages if i stand by the window. But no more than that.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Having a 'shit' time of it at work at the minute, come on here & feel pathetic for even being remotely down. Thoughts & prayers with your Torch, can't imagine what you are going through but you're an inspiration to the rest of us with your positivity & ability to keep coming on here & keeping us up to date. In terms of things to keep you entertained, dont know if you've ever tried listening to podcasts but there's a few good football related ones in the Football Ramble (light hearted & entertaining) & the Guardian Weekly (light hearted & slightly more informative) that might keep you entertained for a few hours per week. Keep strong mate!

shmmeee

Netflix on android let's you download shows to SD card now. £50 Amazon Fire tablet and an SD card probably end up cheaper even if you chuck it in the bin afterwards.

I think it's sick how they push you to their premium services. When I was in for a couple of weeks that and the parking charges battered us financially.

torchomatic

Netflix on android let's you download shows to SD card now. £50 Amazon Fire tablet and an SD card probably end up cheaper even if you chuck it in the bin afterwards.

I think it's sick how they push you to their premium services. When I was in for a couple of weeks that and the parking charges battered us financially.

When i eventually get home i will do that before i come back in. A nurse said TV was free in Heartlands but not here. It's costing my wife loads to park, it is such a rip-off.

Hope you're doing ok, one S, one H, two Ms and three Es.

shmmeee

When i eventually get home i will do that before i come back in. A nurse said TV was free in Heartlands but not here. It's costing my wife loads to park, it is such a rip-off.

Mate I feel like a right twat having you say that to me This thread puts shit in perspective.

Stay strong brother.

Edit: You know what Torch? I realised the other day I've been reading your opinions on City since you were on the old CET site. People like Otis since the days of GMK on Rivals. That's longer than I've known most people.

Otis

Mate I feel like a right twat having you say that to me This thread puts shit in perspective.

Stay strong brother.

Edit: You know what Torch? I realised the other day I've been reading your opinions on City since you were on the old CET site. People like Otis since the days of GMK on Rivals. That's longer than I've known most people.
So true.

Was trying to work out how long along it all was.

How long since Neville was running GMK? It was Neville, then Smiles and then Knowle.

I reckon I must have been on here for nearly a year too. ;)

NorthernWisdom

Not sure I'm as open as some of you have been about here recently ;) but since I first posted on GMK (the year 2000 I guess!) I've changed career three times, gained myself a major qualification (but declined to use it!), lost a couple of women who I thought were the 'one', seen CDs effectively disappear, now on my seventh car in that time (and no longer have a tape player in it!) and, well... all kinds of personal shit that I ain't going to share around these parts!

Last edited:

Otis

Not sure I'm as open as some of you have been about here recently ;) but since I first posted on GMK (the year 2000 I guess!) I've changed career three times, gained myself a major qualification, lost a couple of women who I thought were the 'one', seen CDs effectively disappear, now on my seventh car in that time (and no longer have a tape player in it!) and, well... all kinds of personal shit that I ain't going to share around these parts!
Since 2000 I have had no career, had the same woman and exactly the same car.

Call me a maverick.

torchomatic

Stay strong brother.

Well it's all relative, isn't it. Your situation is terrible for you, mine is for me and although there is always someone worse off, we think mostly of our only situation, human nature. Doesn't mean we have hearts of stone.

Your kids are the most precious in the world as my lad is for me. You want them to be as unaffected by your situation as possible and i want to beat this disease so i can be there for him.

Are other people worse off than us? Of course, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't dismiss the massive affect it has had on our lives. None of us can save the world, but we can treasure our kids and be there for them

Although I'm stuck in this bed I genuinely feel for you and what you're going through. It breaks my heart to be away from my son. I haven't seen him for five weeks as he isn't allowed into my room. Infections and all that.

Look after yourself and don't let it grind you down too much. I'm being positive and it really does help.

Otis

Well it's all relative, isn't it. Your situation is terrible for you, mine is for me and although there is always someone worse off, we think mostly of our only situation, human nature. Doesn't mean we have hearts of stone.

Your kids are the most precious in the world as my lad is for me. You want them to be as unaffected by your situation as possible and i want to beat this disease so i can be there for him.

Are other people worse off than us? Of course, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't dismiss the massive affect it has had on our lives. None of us can save the world, but we can treasure our kids and be there for them

Although I'm stuck in this bed I genuinely feel for you and what you're going through. It breaks my heart to be away from my son. I haven't seen him for five weeks as he isn't allowed into my room. Infections and all that.

Look after yourself and don't let it grind you down too much. I'm being positive and it really does help.
Well said, Torch. :)

Keep on fighting, keep on believing.

Rich

Fuck yeah. Top attitude lad. You've got more support than CCFC mate. If it weren't for risk of infection you'd easily get more visitors than we'd take to Wembley.

It's amazing how strong people can come across in the face of adversity. You're an inspiration to us all.

olderskyblue

It's costing my wife loads to park, it is such a rip-off.

Hey Torch, you're in "Walsgrave" right?

Hospital free parking concession scheme
University Hospital offers free parking to the following patients who have to visit the hospital several times a week or month for ongoing treatment.

Who is eligible?
  • Oncology (cancer) patients having ongoing treatment (Day case chemotherapy and radiotherapy only)
  • Renal dialysis patients
  • Parents staying overnight with sick children (This is for the parent’s own car that has been parked on site overnight)
  • Those collecting paper work relating to a bereavement
How do I apply?
Before you pay for your parking, contact the Ward or Department which is caring for you and ask for the Sister or Ward Manager who will be able to confirm your eligibility and give you a form to take to the Security Office in the main entrance of University Hospital. Security will then give you a pass to exit the car park without paying.

torchomatic

Thanks OSB. Yes im in Walsgrave. Worth knowing.

Moff

Hi Torch, stay strong mate. I feel very humble reading what you are going through, and I like every other on the site are right behind you, and I know you know but if there is anything any of us can do to help, you know we will do it.

Apologies also for not dropping you a message sooner, we go back a long way on forums. I lost my way a bit over the past month as I lost a very close friend suddenly in the New Year, and it left me devastated. He would tell me to focus on what is important in life and that is what I am trying to do, and on that front its important that we let you know we are here and hopefully alleviate a tiny bit of the boredom for you.

torchomatic

Hi Torch, stay strong mate. I feel very humble reading what you are going through, and I like every other on the site are right behind you, and I know you know but if there is anything any of us can do to help, you know we will do it.

Apologies also for not dropping you a message sooner, we go back a long way on forums. I lost my way a bit over the past month as I lost a very close friend suddenly in the New Year, and it left me devastated. He would tell me to focus on what is important in life and that is what I am trying to do, and on that front its important that we let you know we are here and hopefully alleviate a tiny bit of the boredom for you.

Ah, sorry to hear that, Moff. Again it puts everything into perspective, doesn't it? When we think we have it tough there is always someone who has it tougher.

Thinking of you here.

Ashdown

Hope they are looking after you, the best they can ?! My wife and daughter work at UHCW. The parking is a nightmare for all concerned and even the staff. They drive over from Leics and my wife has a parking pass but she has to pay £480 per annum for it, just to go to work !
All the Best anyway, hopefully you will be on the road to recovery by the summer !

Rich

Hope they are looking after you, the best they can ?! My wife and daughter work at UHCW. The parking is a nightmare for all concerned and even the staff. They drive over from Leics and my wife has a parking pass but she has to pay £480 per annum for it, just to go to work !
All the Best anyway, hopefully you will be on the road to recovery by the summer !

Your mums yer dad,
yer dads yer mum
yer interbred
Leicester scum.

eastwoodsdustman

Torch I live about 10 minutes away from the Hospital. There is residents parking but your wife is welcome to borrow a permit from us if she doesn't mind the walk around.

Ashdown

What made you move to Leicester you crazy fool. Do you just like the 69?
We are not in Leicester, we are only just over the border in Burbage, which is a nice place in reality. I never had a choice, my parents who lived in Coundon and Chapelfields decided to go rural a long time ago. We go back to Cov for everything though as a family.

Users who are viewing this thread