Torp or Hamer? (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

What a signing Torp is turning out to be..but is he better than Hamer? I really like his strength, vision and control.. hasn't put a foot wrong yet. When Sheaf is back what a duo that could be..

covcity4life

Hamer in number 10 role ahead of toep and sheaf be good to see if I hare left

Hopefully we get to prem and can buy him for no more than 15m as sheff utd go down lol

SkyBlueMatt

Early signs are looking good but let's not get too carried away.

He seems to have settled well and I'm really looking forward to seeing how him and Sheaf play together.

The future looks bright.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Silly to compare really, what I like about Torp is he gets the ball clean, no fouls, direct and superb distribution short or long. Hamer became the player we all loved towards his latter time here in his early days he was prone to silly fouls.
Would be interesting having both.

skybluegod

Totally different players and too early to compare. Hamer was more dynamic on the ball, and his ball carrying was fantastic. Torp looks classier and strong, less rash as well, but he isn't going to dribble past players.

David O'Day

Totally different players and too early to compare. Hamer was more dynamic on the ball, and his ball carrying was fantastic. Torp looks classier and strong, less rash as well, but he isn't going to dribble past players.
In the video of him playing in Norway he is skinning players easily so they is the potential for that to come.

Otis

Too early to tell and they are different types of player but the early signs are we have have a real player there.
Not too early to tell at all.

Half of us couldn't even pronounce Hamer's name correctly, so it has to be Torp.

shmmeee

Hamer. Torp not shown the range of passing, technique, speed of thought or goal threat Hamer had yet. I’m sure certainly the latter two will come tho

Astute

Hamer. Torp not shown the range of passing, technique, speed of thought or goal threat Hamer had yet. I’m sure certainly the latter two will come tho
But when Hamer first joined us he was a liability.

Or are we comparing a finished article in Hamer with a new signing Torp?

Skybluecol

Hamer by a mile atm

Torp hasn't really been tested against decent opposition yet imo. He looks technically sound... his movement will need to be better against the teams with more quality in the Championship but its going to be great watching his development as there's potentially a very very good player there for us

Ccfcisparks

Not sure how you can say that yet.
In his first 4 games Hamer had 0 goals 1 red card.

in Torps first he has a goal.

ovduk78

But when Hamer first joined us he was a liability.
There were plenty on here saying Hamer was a liability midway through last season after his 2nd red card and they would have happily got rid of him in the January window. He is now being held in such high esteem, including by some of the same fans, based on a fantastic 2nd half of the season.

Astute

There were plenty on here saying Hamer was a liability midway through last season after his 2nd red card and they would have happily got rid of him in the January window. He is now being held in such high esteem, including by some of the same fans, based on a fantastic 2nd half of the season.
Some things are soon forgotten about.

DannyThomas_1981

Torp, when he hits a tricky patch will no doubt be labelled as overrated and useless to some of our fan base.
Exactly Matt. Very difficult to find even one player in our squad who hasn’t been written off gleefully by one of the self appointed experts on here. In the amazing world of ‘SBT expertise’, forwards should never miss chances, players should never be caught out of position covering for team mates, Maradona technical levels are expected across the pitch and shooting is expected from all corners. If a player fails on any of the above - the meltdown is inevitable and the calls go into the Samaritan’s.

Astute

Exactly Matt. Very difficult to find even one player in our squad who hasn’t been written off gleefully by one of the self appointed experts on here. In the amazing world of ‘SBT expertise’, forwards should never miss chances, players should never be caught out of position covering for team mates, Maradona technical levels are expected across the pitch and shooting is expected from all corners. If a player fails on any of the above - the meltdown is inevitable and the calls go into the Samaritan’s.
When you consider where we were when Robins came back it seems strange to me. SISU took the blame for everything (quite rightfully so) and the players got a free pass because they were crap.

Fast forward 7 years. We have the best squad we have had since at least the 90's. We've had players playing above what is seen as their level and still getting ripped apart. We spent over 20m and every one of them has been called crap and a waste of money....other than Torp. And we haven't seen the best of him yet. But I dread to think what will happen when he goes through a bad patch.

Some people need to step back and consider the journey we have been on and continue to be on. 7 seasons of constantly doing better than the season before. Just a penalty shoot out away from the Prem when many thought the Prem was just a pipe dream.

We all need to back the players. They're not as shite as many say.

slowpoke

We should never underestimate footie fans more so nowadays with the echo chamber of the internet & websites. A number on here will feel a bit lonely at the moment but their time will come again.

Flying Fokker

That was the season before last…again.

Marty

Hamer, Torp looks good, he'll be another one we make big money on, but IMO he's not quite upto speed of the championship yet. Which will obviously come. By the time the new seasons rolls around, he'll be flying and I think we'll be challenging for automatics.

rob9872

Torp looks good so far, but would love to add Hamer and Gyokeres to this squad, we'd be challenging autos imo.

lacesoutdom

on current form? Torp.
Hamer doesnt seem to settled (who could get settled in a rock bottom side) at sheffield.
i wonder if he has a relegation clause in his contract?

Users who are viewing this thread