Transfer Rumours (1 Viewer)

larry_david

I guess things will take shape in a week when pre season training returns

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I guess things will take shape in a week when pre season training returns

It’s always the case you get players thinking/hoping for more money etc but it then turns once pre season returns and they don’t have a club so up to now the players hold all the cards and after pre season the clubs have more control!

Cavan O'Doherty

Anyone heard any other rumours? Would think we would be looking at James Hanson now he’s surplus to requirement at Sheffield United.

Magwitch

Pardon my ignorance but how good is Obogo campared to Kelly or Doyle or Andrue for that matter as I was told over a week ago there was another from Shrewsbury on their way here once back from there hols. Thought it was a winger though.

Cavan O'Doherty

Pardon my ignorance but how good is Obogo campared to Kelly or Doyle or Andrue for that matter as I was told over a week ago there was another from Shrewsbury on their way here once back from there hols. Thought it was a winger though.
I would think he would be Doyle’s long term replacement as there’s no way he’ll be able to play 40 games in league one.

better days

It's going to be different from previous years now that the window closes as the first game takes place
Be interesting to see what happens
Players out of contract can still sign after the window as in the past I guess
Edit I just checked and unregistered and loan players can still be signed up to 31st August

junglej13

I haven't heard anything about Ogogo
Not sure about funds for transfers but I suspect Robins would prefer a bigger budget for wages and bonuses
That's what's needed to get the best experienced players at L1 level to give the team the steel to support the talented youngsters
Very good possibility with Chelsea
They had Lewis Baker and Kasey Palmer on loan at Championship clubs last year
It was a wasted season as they hardly played
Robins and Viveash have trusted young players so this will be a big selling point for us

Cheers Better Days. What else do you and Deity know? Any other offers on the table?

Also - Are the team back for pre-season tomorrow ?

Mucca Mad Boys

He was struggling towards the end of last season and was heavily strapped up. We need another cm to cover for Doyle.

We don’t need cover specifically for Doyle, he’s one of those players who is an exceptional professional who looks after himself very well, hence 40+ appearances every season since he left us, in 2011. He’ll probably end up with 30+ (at least) appearances this season too. The last time someone bet against that premise, it didn’t end well...

To compete at the top end of L1, we need to improve the quality we have at centre midfield. Robins appears to have identified this because we were in for that Lincoln CM (signed by P’borough) and according to a poster, we’re in for Ogogo too. Kelly and Doyle were fantastic in L2, but it’s unlikely that partnership will be good enough for the playoffs.

better days

Cheers Better Days. What else do you and Deity know? Any other offers on the table?

Also - Are the team back for pre-season tomorrow ?
Only players doing rehab are back at the moment
Not sure of any other targets so far
That's probably a good thing as others have said Robins likes to stay under the radar till a deal id done

better days

I’m not one of these to make stuff up and I have never been in the know until this deal but the Ogogo one I back 100% from what I’ve been told we have offered him a deal but unfortunately we are one of many, I’m sure others will offer more per week but our selling point of the deal is a decent signing on fee.
I suspect you're right
This is where the money from Madders comes in
Far better to use it on top level experienced L1 players who are out of contract with lots of options than spending on transfer fees

larry_david

So with agogo set to sign, bouwe bousa or whatever he's called signed for u23s, Kelly and Doyle, bayliss, Shipley would you say that's midfield sorted? I feel we need a 'proven' striker now

Esoterica

Bayliss is the obvious one.
For me there's no way Doyle would be regularly in the starting XI of a team looking for promotion from League 1, especially if we are bringing in other leaders into the squad. He's an exemplary professional, a stand out leader, and has kept himself in great condition but he was a very limited footballer even last year - I really feel he should be more involved behind the scenes this year than on the pitch, a player-coach doing the barking from the dugout complimenting Robins quieter approach and only playing when we need to see games out in the last 30 minutes.

larry_david

It's a tricky one. You don't want to lose /disrupt the squad that won us promotion. But at the same time we need to strike while the iron is hot. So far I'd say we've made two signings that are gaurenteed starters. Brown and agogo (when it's confirmed) bousa, allisani, westbrooke are all devleopement/future players. I don't want us to sign 7-8 players. But I'll happily take gambles on the young lads to fill u23s and work up from there

higgs

Do we need a right back a right winger and a centre forward still?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

higgs

If bayliss plays down the middle who have we got to play right and left wing as our starters?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BUSA

Possibly Alex Rodman who is out of contract at Shrewsbury

Mucca Mad Boys

So with agogo set to sign, bouwe bousa or whatever he's called signed for u23s, Kelly and Doyle, bayliss, Shipley would you say that's midfield sorted? I feel we need a 'proven' striker now

Bosma and Westbrook were signed for the U23s, so our options in the middle are Bayliss, Ogogo, Kelly and Doyle. Shipley will most likely be considered a left-sided midfielder. We're set for central midfield field but we could do with a right midfielder because we don't have a right-footed option which was a problem when Jones got injured until Cheltenham away. I'm happy with how the midfield is shaping up.

Tractorstealer

Apparently we are looking at Eisa and with our manager and cheltenhams being father and son it could be a goer.

Rumour we have heard all though probably complete waffle is us being linked with Jordan Willis again. Any whispers your end about this?

Users who are viewing this thread