Transfer Rumours (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Always whispers about Jordan Willis, but you can only have him if you pay a decent fee AND return my tractor safely.

better days

Apparently we are looking at Eisa and with our manager and cheltenhams being father and son it could be a goer.

Rumour we have heard all though probably complete waffle is us being linked with Jordan Willis again. Any whispers your end about this?
Bristol City makes sense for Eisa
No L1 team could compete if you're in for him
Similar with Willis really
If you're in for him with a serious offer then it could happen
There have been offers in the past which were well below Robins' valuation

better days

Trouble is there are so many enquiries nowadays it wouldnt surprise me if both of our clubs have looked at 40 odd players since close season.
I see on Sky Sports Bristol City have agreed to sell centre half Aden Flint for £7m to Middlesbrough
Could explain Willis rumours

Esoterica

Apparently we're interested in striker Donovan Wilson from Wolves on loan
Makes my blood boil that we have young English strikers like this being farmed in U23 teams. Aged 21, just 9 League appearances to his names and still being loaned out. Short careers made even shorter by nothing but greed.

Magwitch

Should be stopped, but how ? I would imagine by the age of 21 as an example Robbie Keane would have had about 150 league games to his name and that includes a year out of the league in Italy

Nick

Administrator
Should be stopped, but how ? I would imagine by the age of 21 as an example Robbie Keane would have had about 150 league games to his name and that includes a year out of the league in Italy

Just limit the number of players they can have.

Liquid Gold

Yep, maximum squad sizes. 23 man 1st team squad and 23 man under 23s then one team per age ground under 18. Any player not in the squad is released on a free automatically. It's mad that Chelsea have about 60 players out on loan each year.

GaryJones

I doubt Jordan Willis will be moved on before January.
Unless its for a big fee (every player has a price).

SkyBlueCRJ

Makes my blood boil that we have young English strikers like this being farmed in U23 teams. Aged 21, just 9 League appearances to his names and still being loaned out. Short careers made even shorter by nothing but greed.

It's by no means a concrete rumour, it's just something that I've seen a couple of times on a few Twitter accounts. Wouldn't be happy if true though as what does that say to Ponti who's desperate to play games, yet we're bringing in someone who on paper isn't even as good as him.

Esoterica

It's by no means a concrete rumour, it's just something that I've seen a couple of times on a few Twitter accounts. Wouldn't be happy if true though as what does that say to Ponti who's desperate to play games, yet we're bringing in someone who on paper isn't even as good as him.
Was by no means a criticism of the rumour or a judgement on the club if they do end up doing that! Just my own observation on the current trend of stockpiling youth on the offchance one makes it!

SkyBlueCRJ

Was by no means a criticism of the rumour or a judgement on the club if they do end up doing that! Just my own observation on the current trend of stockpiling youth on the offchance one makes it!

It's a shocking system in many respects as it effectively treats youth players like cattle. Unfortunately sometimes blame can't be placed all on the club as some players are just as illogical as the clubs they play for. They're happy to waste a dream that kids would kill for to sit on 4 grand a week in the U23's because they don't have the knowhow to realise that for most, once your football career is over the money tap stops. Surely Donovan Wilson could've forced a move if he really wanted to...

better days

Willis is such a different player to Flint that would be a mad replacement.
I hadn't heard the rumour from Coventry end, was responding to the Bristol City poster
We are strong in that area so perhaps Robins would accept a seven figure offer if he could use the money to try to make another promotion more likely
In many ways last year was a great achievement when you remember that we lost Andreu and Jones for most of the season and Kelly for a good part of it

Sky Blue Harry H

I hadn't heard the rumour from Coventry end, was responding to the Bristol City poster
We are strong in that area so perhaps Robins would accept a seven figure offer if he could use the money to try to make another promotion more likely
In many ways last year was a great achievement when you remember that we lost Andreu and Jones for most of the season and Kelly for a good part of it

No way would Bristol offer us a 7 figure sum, unless you include pence (then we might get an 8 figure sum!)

Mucca Mad Boys

Chelsea is terrible for it. Had 30+ players out on loan either last season or the season before, which makes me question why players like that got to Chelsea? De Brunye, Lukaku, Matic and probably a few others have done better after leaving Chelsea!

I wonder when young players will wise up and realise that first team football is key, not vague promises from agents about first team football in 4-5 years at a prem club. Alli, Maddison, Sessegnon, Abraham have all plyed their trade at lower league standards before becoming the players they are now.

Tha Wolves player? Wasted his most important developmental years languishing for Wolves U23s. He should be demanding first team football anywhere!

better days

Chelsea is terrible for it. Had 30+ players out on loan either last season or the season before, which makes me question why players like that got to Chelsea? De Brunye, Lukaku, Matic and probably a few others have done better after leaving Chelsea!

I wonder when young players will wise up and realise that first team football is key, not vague promises from agents about first team football in 4-5 years at a prem club. Alli, Maddison, Sessegnon, Abraham have all plyed their trade at lower league standards before becoming the players they are now.

Tha Wolves player? Wasted his most important developmental years languishing for Wolves U23s. He should be demanding first team football anywhere!
And Mo Salah................

David O'Day

Abraham? As in Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham?

Liquid Gold

Reckon Dujon Sterling likely to sign
MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

djr8369

Apologies if it’s been mentioned but just noticed Rodman has turned down a new contract with Shrewsbury. Hasn’t his name been mentioned already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread