Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

Grendel

Because he's going to come out and say he's got money to spend isn't he.

Its very unlikely he has and it’s unlikely any hard cash has been used to buy the club

ProfessorbyGrace

He basically said that we had to get Waghorn and Kane off the books as despite the take over there is no more funds, although the overall financial picture or the club has improved.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
No more funds…this saga just gets better and better.

Sky Blue Harry H

No more funds…this saga just gets better and better.

Just for balance..... we could previously have been operating losing £50k a week (the figure is illustrative). King could have come in, and with us not having to rack up SISU 'charges', interest etc, we may now be operating at break even (illustrative). That may not have left him with buckets to spend, but the club would be operating in a healthier position. Freeing up the Waghorn, Kane et al will give MR funds to manage with more flexibly than previous. As someone else said, if we have money to spend, it is hardly wise to advertise it to the world. MR's statement the other day post takeover seemed to indicate he was a lot happier with how he he could now operate.

shmmeee

What I’ve read my guess is we have some funds to buy players if they come up like we did first couple of seasons up, maybe £2-3M a season but the wage bill needs to be relative to turnover so no massive increase there.

Grendel

We just played well away to best team in legaue. Why are you doubting if we can win 5 more games this season?

Especially when you know we will sign a few players in this window

you still thing we will be in the play offs don’t you?

long way home

Out of those out of contract cime summer i only see 3 getting deals, Wilson , Rose and Mcfazden and all will hopefully be backs ups and add squad depth next season. Out of the other 7 not 1 is a player that is consistently at the level we are aiming for or have the body to play at this level to effect games. So the 7 Kelly, Dabo, Waghorn, De Costa, Hillsner, Bapaga and Walker will be let go and replaced with better players which i don't think is that hard.

MR will use the loan system again and may have to sell Vik for a big fee and player swap to bring that extra quality in with extra numbers, which id take So although its a big number exiting, its not a scary loss of quality we are losing. MR can find better quality to fill the gaps and we should judge any in against those going out, not what we have already.

You improve your squad from the depth at the bottom when dealing with a budget. If 1 at the top goes to bring in 3 of quality you overall improve the squad which i think is the model and can be successful if used right. Time will tell if MR and Doug get the right people in the right places and the right players into the club. But i don't think its going to be dull just will be more stable environment to do it in. The Cantwell rumor is a bit of a stretch, but he is a very good player that needs a new start and maybe he does fit in but don't think his wages are in our ballpark.

Grendel

Current form is grim and the squad is thin even if we add a few players. I’m hardly the only one who sees a bumpy ride through to the end.

im sure as soon as Walker Tavares Eccles are fit the opposition manager will look at our bench and tremble with fear

Grendel

Current form is grim and the squad is thin even if we add a few players. I’m hardly the only one who sees a bumpy ride through to the end.

The games we had O Hare in the team will save us - there’s a lot of teams between us and the bottom 3. If Gyokeres is injured yes we are in real trouble but with him we will stay up

SBAndy

Just for balance..... we could previously have been operating losing £50k a week (the figure is illustrative). King could have come in, and with us not having to rack up SISU 'charges', interest etc, we may now be operating at break even (illustrative). That may not have left him with buckets to spend, but the club would be operating in a healthier position. Freeing up the Waghorn, Kane et al will give MR funds to manage with more flexibly than previous. As someone else said, if we have money to spend, it is hardly wise to advertise it to the world. MR's statement the other day post takeover seemed to indicate he was a lot happier with how he he could now operate.

Following this track, it could also mean we get a far higher portion of player sales to reinvest (both across outgoing fees and wages). That alone is a huge positive.

Brighton Sky Blue

The games we had O Hare in the team will save us - there’s a lot of teams between us and the bottom 3. If Gyokeres is injured yes we are in real trouble but with him we will stay up
They probably will but it's going to be uncomfortable.

SkyBlueSam01

I don't actually want to be spunking 10s of millions every transfer window like many of the teams in this league.

I just want us to be financially stable enough that we are able to spend the transfer fees received for our players on new players.

Not seen anything to suggest that can't be the case under the new ownership and Robins' comments seem to suggest that will roughly be the case.

zuni

Hopefully not paying massive interest rates and fees from player sales may go to Mr enabling him to give it a real go

Skybluedownunder

If we are going to go and spend £400k on Patterson I’d much rather us table a £500-750k bid or whatever it would be for Cantwell.

We aren’t going to have any resale value on Patterson but Cantwell we could.

If we want to push for playoffs we need players who will make the step up to Prem and Cantwell would be that guy, Patterson would not.

It would be like we are now stuck with a load of League One players like Dabo, Kelly etc but playing in the Championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If we are going to go and spend £400k on Patterson I’d much rather us table a £500-750k bid or whatever it would be for Cantwell.

We aren’t going to have any resale value on Patterson but Cantwell we could.

If we want to push for playoffs we need players who will make the step up to Prem and Cantwell would be that guy, Patterson would not.

It would be like we are now stuck with a load of League One players like Dabo, Kelly etc but playing in the Championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No chance of getting Cantwell that cheap pal, blackburn had a 3m bid rejected apparently

larry_david

If my memory is correct, and forgive me as I don't keep an excel spreadsheet on everything posters say, I'm sure you were absolutely slaughtering Dave Boddy for not selling O Hare at the start of the season, saying the financial decision would ruin Coventry.

Are we now saying Boddy holding firm was a good decision?

Whilst I'm at it, why has Josh Eccles now been added to your hit list. He was starting most games before the world Cup break in an unfavoured position and was in team of the week two different weeks voted by the EFL.

Otis

No chance of getting Cantwell that cheap pal, blackburn had a 3m bid rejected apparently
It's just a miscommunication, my source told me.

I believe this below, is how the conversation took place between the journalist and Robins.

"So, I am led to understand you are in for a player and that's Cantwell."

"Well, you understood wrong."

"Oh, so, if not Cantwell, who then?"

"Well, a c*nt."

"Oh, okay."

Users who are viewing this thread