Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

His goalscoring record is - well non existent
Two goals in 20 appearances last season in the Premier League, so twice as prolific as Waghorn was in the Championship. So given that you thought getting rid of Waghorn was a big mistake this guy sounds fantastic.

Pretty sure vast majority of his appearances were as a late substitute.

slowpoke

I don't get it if we are. Sounds like the loan CB is done which brings us to 5. If we get another loan in then we have to leave 1 of the 6 out each game

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Then that’s what we have to do, need a CB need a forward. If any of the current loanees don’t like it tough. If we bring another CB in and McFadz is fit in two or three weeks where does that put Doyle and Panzo.

fernandopartridge

Two goals in 20 appearances last season in the Premier League, so twice as prolific as Waghorn was in the Championship. So given that you thought getting rid of Waghorn was a big mistake this guy sounds fantastic.

Pretty sure vast majority of his appearances were as a late substitute.
It's helpful to ignore Waghorn's 100+ other games at this level to make your point isn't it

Grendel

That Leeds lad has alotnof ability and tbh were in no position to stick up our noses at him, lack of prem goals or not.

Unless we want to use Nee for the season that is

yeah brilliant it’s back to the days of youth loans galore - Chuba Akpom had loads of ability - worked a treat

Terry_dactyl

There are some parallels but we've got 35 points from 27 games at the moment compared with 22 from 27 in that season. Our biggest risk is not getting an experienced centre half in as we just cannot keep conceding at this rate.
I’m starting to think we should’ve gone for Morrison from Cardiff. Motm in his first game for Rotherham last week. Dunno how he did this but they held Watford to a draw.

rexo87

I’m starting to think we should’ve gone for Morrison from Cardiff. Motm in his first game for Rotherham last week. Dunno how he did this but they held Watford to a draw.
Yep, would have been just what we needed for 6 months. I get the feeling Robins and Co were too ambitious thinking they'd be able to get 3 ideal players in this window when really it should've been a case of a couple of stop gaps until the end of the season

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

It's helpful to ignore Waghorn's 100+ other games at this level to make your point isn't it
My point was that Gelhardt has scored some goals, and I believe he has been highly rated, and tipped to make it in the Premier League.

All the goals Waghorn scored years ago don't have much relevance now. In the last three seasons it's 5, 1 and 1 (pen). Who do you think will score the most goals over the next two years out of Waghorn and Gelhardt? And who will be playing at the higher level?

slowpoke

I’m
My point was that Gelhardt has scored some goals, and I believe he has been highly rated, and tipped to make it in the Premier League.

All the goals Waghorn scored years ago don't have much relevance now. In the last three seasons it's 5, 1 and 1 (pen). Who do you think will score the most goals over the next two years out of Waghorn and Gelhardt? And who will be playing at the higher level?
Think he has only scored two for Leeds in over 30 appearances, don’t know how many he has scored for Wigan but the idea of flogging Gyorkeres and getting him in place is plain potty.

stupot07

I’m
Think he has only scored two for Leeds in over 30 appearances, don’t know how many he has scored for Wigan but the idea of flogging Gyorkeres and getting him in place is plain potty.
1 in 21 appearances for Wigan over all competitions.

Both his Leeds goals were last season and and where he came on with 10 or less minutes to go

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Hertsccfc

I’m
I was not in any way suggesting flogging Gyokeres. I was just contesting the assertion that he has never scored a goal. And noting that his scoring record is better than Waghorn's who some feel is a massive loss.

Most of those appearances for Leeds were very short.

Skyblue_CP

We just don’t have the money or lure to get any top players at this level unfortunately. We have to pick through players that others don’t want. If we want a player that others are also linked with, we’re bottom of that list.

SBT

We just don’t have the money or lure to get any top players at this level unfortunately. We have to pick through players that others don’t want. If we want a player that others are also linked with, we’re bottom of that list.
The last recruitment team were at least able to identify affordable, permanent signings who could improve the quality of the squad. This new team under Dean Austin hasn’t exactly hit the ground running in that regard.

Grendel

How many games did Ponticelli play in PL2? Or for that matter the Prem.

You really do make yourself look silly sometimes.

What is silly is someone whose I think never seen a guy play - not recognised the fact that he has played over 30 games in the championship with no success - can now fit into the team as he scored a couple of late goals for Leeds

What’s his strengths? I’d he a target man, pace, good in the air?

I doubt you’d know.

We had a champions league player play yesterday. How did he do?

Otis

What is silly is someone whose I think never seen a guy play - not recognised the fact that he has played over 30 games in the championship with no success - can now fit into the team as he scored a couple of late goals for Leeds

I doubt you’d know.

I have seen him a few times on Sky and BT.
Very tricky and quite pacy I would say. A bit similar to O'Hare maybe. He's not that tall though and not a target man.

I would definitely say he would be in the O'Hare role.

shmmeee

I doubt you’d know.

He’s not a target man no, he’s more likely to play in the AM/SS role like O’Hare. But what’s ridiculous is writing off a 20 year old playing in the Prem and for England in his age group and comparing him to someone a year younger in an entirely different position who hasn’t come close to playing outside of early stage cup games.

Grendel

He’s not a target man no, he’s more likely to play in the AM/SS role like O’Hare. But what’s ridiculous is writing off a 20 year old playing in the Prem and for England in his age group and comparing him to someone a year younger in an entirely different position who hasn’t come close to playing outside of early stage cup games.

1 goal in 19 games for Wigan

fernandopartridge

Well somebody has just said they'd take him plus £12m for Gyokeres

shmmeee

Well somebody has just said they'd take him plus £12m for Gyokeres

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

chinamans view

We are told you never pay all the transfer fee upfront, so this is the ideal time to sign players we want now, not wait until the summer when everyone else will try for these players. come on king spend it now dont wait for the summer, or another season passes by, spend what is available now and pay later as is always the case. Make a difference now, dont wait tomorrow never comes, we wont have to get so many players in the summer then.

shmmeee

We are told you never pay all the transfer fee upfront, so this is the ideal time to sign players we want now, not wait until the summer when everyone else will try for these players. come on king spend it now dont wait for the summer, or another season passes by, spend what is available now and pay later as is always the case. Make a difference now, dont wait tomorrow never comes, we wont have to get so many players in the summer then.

Teams generally don’t want to sell mid season though.

Users who are viewing this thread