Transfer Shouts (14 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The last recruitment team have a lot to answer for, but they aren't the only ones to blame. The management and those giving out these generous contracts like candy are contributing to the mess we're currently in. It also now looks like we are clueless in this transfer window which is madness given how much time we have had to plan.

As far as I'm concerned they all have the summer to make it right, with the biggest opportunity we've had in years to move on some deadwood and increase the quality of the squad. If they fail to do that properly and we start to struggle next season, I feel like the goodwill will start running out.

junglej13

The loan centre back we are 'ready to push the button on' - I think most assume it's the Man City lad as we've been linked with him. Another name it could be is Luke McNally from Burnley. Think they signed him from Oxford for between £1m-2m in the summer. Would probably be a more experienced option than the City lad and reportedly Kompany ready to send him out to another Championship club.

stupot07

The loan centre back we are 'ready to push the button on' - I think most assume it's the Man City lad as we've been linked with him. Another name it could be is Luke McNally from Burnley. Think they signed him from Oxford for between £1m-2m in the summer. Would probably be a more experienced option than the City lad and reportedly Kompany ready to send him out to another Championship club.
Isn't there a limit of how many players you can loan in from the same club?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

He's a decent player though. Played in all but 5 of Leeds Premier League games this season (albeit a few minutes a game).
I've seen him a few times and thought he looked potentially a useful Premier League player. He was/is highly rated and be honest I thought it was unlikelywe could get him to come here. Seems to have fallen behind Greeenwood there for now at Leeds which is presumably why he is available.

Grendel

The main issue is we're in danger of a team of teenagers and 20yos, and that's crying out for some experience in there.

its going back to league 1 under Presley or in the earlier championship years when we packed the squad with cheap loans - it rarely works

larry_david

1 goal in 19 games for Wigan
Who gives a shit? How many goals did gyokeres score for Swansea?

Anyone who watches prem footy will know what this lad is about. He got thrown in their deep end last season when they were in big trouble and had everyone out injured. He's not a target man, he's pacey, tricky and inventive and he'd be signed (no chance of it happening) to play with Vik, not instead of him

Writing off two lads from one performance yesterday is incredible too. The man City lad came on in a free role, yes he looked shite but I'm not going to write him off and if you do on 10 mins in a game where every single one of our players were pathetic, then good luck to you

shmmeee

He probably doesn't, but if that's all we can get. Depends who is out there and available who we like and can afford.

I agree but I’d rather have an 18yo forward than an 18 yo defender. Just play Panzo until Fadz is back and get it right in the summer with three CB signings.

stupot07

The man City lad came on in a free role, yes he looked shite but I'm not going to write him off and if you do on 10 mins in a game where every single one of our players were pathetic, then good luck to you

The most pressing question was why did Robins play a left back completely out of position in a free role??

stupot07

Well, he's not an idiot, so I am guessing because he felt he had to and there were no other options.

We can only second guess his thinking.
It came across as though he had to play him. Very strange. You would think throwing on Harrison Nee however green he as a natural attacker would have been a better choice. He looked completely lost. He could have put Kelly on instead of pulling Allen back to play deep when Hamer went off. He had other options but through the poor lad in at the deep end out of position.

Grendel

Well, he's not an idiot, so I am guessing because he felt he had to and there were no other options.

We can only second guess his thinking.

he may have a appearance based deal so it’s cheaper if he plays

Otis

It came across as though he had to play him. Very strange. You would think throwing on Harrison Nee however green he as a natural attacker would have been a better choice. He looked completely lost. He could have put Kelly on instead of pulling Allen back to play deep when Hamer went off. He had other options but through the poor lad in at the deep end out of position.

Not sure sticking in Harrison Nee would have been sensible. He's he ever really looked anywhere near a first team squad player? He can only been on the bench to make the numbers up.

Hertsccfc

Anyone who watches prem footy will know what this lad is about. He got thrown in their deep end last season when they were in big trouble and had everyone out injured. He's not a target man, he's pacey, tricky and inventive and he'd be signed (no chance of it happening) to play with Vik, not instead of him

Writing off two lads from one performance yesterday is incredible too. The man City lad came on in a free role, yes he looked shite but I'm not going to write him off and if you do on 10 mins in a game where every single one of our players were pathetic, then good luck to you
I agree with all of this. Absolutely astonishing to think some fans think we are too good for Gelhardt.

Also there is nothing worse in my view than fans picking on young players. This isn’t a go at peoples' comments on here but there was a poster recently advocating booing our own players if they don't play well. I remember the abuse Jacob Murphy got when he was on loan. Fortunately he has gone on to prove those people wrong but I have seen promising young players destroyed by this.

I am sure the two lads from Arsenal and Man City are very talented and it is ridiculous to write them off after such limited minutes. Let's not forget how poor Gyokeres was in his first few matches for us.

Grendel

And the most worrying thing this is in the initial period after a takeover

yes Robins comments imply there may be no signings now and only another loan

Wilson has a contract extension and could be as number 1 next season

Grendel

I agree with all of this. Absolutely astonishing to think some fans think we are too good for Gelhardt.

Also there is nothing worse in my view than fans picking on young players. This isn’t a go at peoples' comments on here but there was a poster recently advocating booing our own players if they don't play well. I remember the abuse Jacob Murphy got when he was on loan. Fortunately he has gone on to prove those people wrong but I have seen promising young players destroyed by this.

I am sure the two lads from Arsenal and Man City are very talented and it is ridiculous to write them off after such limited minutes. Let's not forget how poor Gyokeres was in his first few matches for us.

no one is stating any of these claims of course - Gyokeres was being released and was an entirely different scenario

Grendel

In the words of the Kingmeister

Users who are viewing this thread