Transfer Shouts (3 Viewers)

RegTheDonk

I don’t mind Kane to be fair, I don’t think he can cross for toffee but I think he’s steady enough at the back and is a useful squad player

Obviously I don’t manage him every day of my life though, he’s obviously done something to upset the applecart to be told he can leave as he is useful
If rumours are true (and as Platty has said, Believer is a good source) he'd have to be something special to keep if he's got an attitude. Spent so long getting a good team spirt, daft to upset it by keeping a rebel in the ranks.

Alkhen

Just trying add a positive counter argument against all the people claiming he is lazy/has a bad attitude before he has even slipped on the shirt 🤷‍♂️

Sky Blue Harry H

Apologies for the following, but i looked on the Bristol forum to try and get some info re: Kasey Palmer - the thread had gone a bit off pisre, but found (some of) this interesting about John Aloisi

Australia has strict rules now. 8 of a 20 man squad, have to be home grown, A Maximum wage of 15,000 AUD applies, except for a maximum of 2 Marquee players who can be paid a maximum of 1,500,000 AUD a season. This included bonuses and signing on fees, wages and everything. So effectively about 750,000 a season or 14,400 a week, but this includes everything and is a maximum of 2 players per team, the remainder can't be on anymore than 15,000 AUD a week, including all fees and bonuses. Therefore very few bigger names are ending up in Aus now, and a lot are moving from MLS, or J League or lesser leagues in Europe. Gone are the days of Premier League and Championship players galore ending up in AUS.

Many end up in China, and only when exhausted money out there, go to Aus. I know earlier in the year Aaron Mooy wanted to head back to Melbourne City, but they already had 2 marquee players so he wasn't a viable option.

Kasey Palmer would have to go down as a Marquee player to go out there, as he wont take less than 7.5K a week all in, I'm sure. Even if he went anywhere as a Marquee player (Of the 12 teams, 6 have already 2 Marquee players contracted for next season and 4 have 1, 2 have none) we would have to foot some of the wages.

If we terminate his contract with compensation, a move out there becomes somewhat possible, but it wouldn't be as lucrative as it was 5/6 years ago.

As a club, we should be scouting the A League, as a lot of young players are getting a lot of game time and experience out there now. There's a lot of under 25s who would not cost the earth and given the max wage they would have been on is 7,500 a week, we would be an attractive proposition.

Lachlan Wales (Western United), Birkan Kirdar (Melbourne Victory), Daniel Walsh (Perth Glory), Tate Russell (Western Sydney) & George Blackwood (Adelaide United) are all very good promising players who have stood out this year and could easily play at Championship Level, and a few of these will end up Socceroo's before long. If we were to lose one of our midfielders or strikers in the summer, Lachlan Wales or George Blackwood could certainly come in and do a job.

I mentioned in the if Pearson got sacked who should be our next manager thread the other week, that we should look at John Aloisi as a potential manager. He has done wonders at Western United, and they have one of the smallest budgets being one of the newest sides and he got Brisbane very competitive until 2018 when he left them to join Western United when they joined the A League. This year, they have been outstanding with their quick, impressive passing football and Aloisi was a decent player in the 90s and even played for Portsmouth, and Coventry behind return to AUS. He got Roar who had been bottom 3 team for season's a top 4 team and semi finalists , before he resigned and had a break from management. Last year he then joined Western United and has taken them from being the 10th best team, to 3rd, having been up there for most of the season. He then has seen them go to the final of the grand series and win it. The way they played the first half yesterday against Melbourne City (sister club of Man City) showed Aloisi's tactical genius, and then they closed it out in the second half. This is Aloisi's first major honour as a manager, but at 46, his style of football has him tipped to be the next Socceroo boss. If we did part ways with Pearson at any time in the next 12 months, he is exactly the sort of manager who could get us to the premier league. He has worked on the 11th highest budget in the A League, and was unable to sign a single marquee players as the clubs finances couldn't afford it, yet he has led them to the series finals and won the series. A manager who has a team play attacking and impressive passing football and able to close games out, and run down the clock when winning and then show the heart to win when it matters, and on a shoe string budget. Regardless of what league you're in, these qualities show Aloisi as a potential top class manager and he is still young at 46, and has a good CV in the game as a player. He's a manager the fans would hate as many would have never heard of him, but he would be exactly the type of manager who would take us to the Premier League.

fernandopartridge

It just seems like we've dropped any pretence of the previous 'model' with signings like these. Another expensive character carrying a lot of baggage.
We've never had a model, it's never been something that the club or owners have ever described. It's hardly a lot of baggage it's just an unsuccessful spell at a club currently in decline.

Ranson inferred that we did but what he really meant was a model whereby he could loan the club money at inflated interest rates which the club would later recoup by selling for a large fee.

Brighton Sky Blue

We've never had a model, it's never been something that the club or owners have ever described. It's hardly a lot of baggage it's just an unsuccessful spell at a club currently in decline.

Ranson inferred that we did but what he really meant was a model whereby he could loan the club money at inflated interest rates which the club would later recoup by selling for a large fee.

Well even if it's just to line the owner's pockets, we're deviating from the pattern of signing young-ish players with a view to a profit.

SlowerThanPlatt

@fernandopartridge, Christensen was recruited at 16 I think, you may remember we took Colkett on trial (just been released by Cheltenham). Lots of good careers in the FL

CHELSEA:
GK 1 Mitchell Beeney
RB 2 Fankaty Dabo Yellow.png
CB 3 Andreas Christensen
CB 4 Jake Clarke-Salter >>
LB 5 Jay Dasilva
DM 6 Jordan Houghton Yellow.png
RW 7 Kasey Palmer >>
CM 8 Ruben Loftus-Cheek (c) >>
ST 9 Dominic Solanke
CM 10 Charlie Colkett
LW 11 Charly Musonda
Substitutes:
SB 12 Isak Ssewankambo >> Palmer 'HT
GK 13 Bradley Collins
SB 14 Isaiah Brown >> Loftus-Cheek 'HT
SB 15 Ola Aina >> Clarke-Salter 'HT
SB 16 Isaac Christie-Davies

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve not seen anything suggesting he has a bad attitude. Whoever we sign will be shit to some of you

I didn't say any of that. Just a player who's cost them big money and been largely underwhelming-given our own finances it's a risk is all.

fernandopartridge

@fernandopartridge, Christensen was recruited at 16 I think, you may remember we took Colkett on trial (just been released by Cheltenham). Lots of good careers in the FL

CHELSEA:
GK 1 Mitchell Beeney
RB 2 Fankaty Dabo Yellow.png
CB 3 Andreas Christensen
CB 4 Jake Clarke-Salter >>
LB 5 Jay Dasilva
DM 6 Jordan Houghton Yellow.png
RW 7 Kasey Palmer >>
CM 8 Ruben Loftus-Cheek (c) >>
ST 9 Dominic Solanke
CM 10 Charlie Colkett
LW 11 Charly Musonda
Substitutes:
SB 12 Isak Ssewankambo >> Palmer 'HT
GK 13 Bradley Collins
SB 14 Isaiah Brown >> Loftus-Cheek 'HT
SB 15 Ola Aina >> Clarke-Salter 'HT
SB 16 Isaac Christie-Davies
Was wondering about the goalie and of course it's son of Mark

Brighton Sky Blue

If you read that article Bristol could t find a system to get the best out of him. We do have a system he could slot into if we play the box. Personally I think he could be a very good signing

Could be, but at a high price we can't afford many recruitment mistakes. Already lumbered with plenty of them as it is.

Obviously wish whoever we sign well

TomS91

My point is we’d be able to attract these in normal circumstances. Now if we signed someone like Gilmour (or Barkley!) I may believe there’s a link
Would argue the link (either Viveash’s knowledge or contacts still at Chelsea) is helping us avoid bad signings.

Alkhen

My point is we’d be able to attract these in normal circumstances. Now if we signed someone like Gilmour (or Barkley!) I may believe there’s a link
Well that is just nonsense. The Adi link clearly gave us an edge in getting players he has coached in the past. We got Dabo in league 1 which was a bit of a coup. Chelsea clearly trust us with young players and have loaned us highly rated youngsters throughout the divisions. I can only think of Wakefield that hasn't been a useful addition.

You seriously need to readjust your expectations if you think we have the draw or wage structure to go after players like Barkley or Gilmore.

procdoc

Also if we do indeed have a ‘model’ Palmer would fit that. He’s 25 so if he’s a successful signing it would have potential sell on value

Users who are viewing this thread